Cj lancer Hids

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

nosilw
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Cj lancer Hids

Postby nosilw » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 am

Hi All just wondering if some one could help me i just bought A new cj lancer sport and im wanting to install a hid kit just wanting some options on what kit to buy and info on how to install?

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 am

Hey, just make sure you do a read up on the legality of HIDs in reflector housings, they are illegal and defectable. Just have to let you know (I am running HIDs in my reflectors though :D)

Anyways,

They are a direct plug and play and quite easy to install, hardest part is mounting the ballast, I cable tied mine cos I didn't want to mount them properly and they hold up pretty well.

If you're around the campbelltown/livo area I can help you install them if you like.

I bought mine from Autobarn for $110 and they're good quality. Don't get higher than 6000k though. And don't get 55w either, you will screw people up lol.

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:42 am

Oh and also, for Low beams you're looking at HB4 and for High Beams its HB3.

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:21 am

jordan.fuchs wrote:you will screw people up lol.

Sorry Justin haha

Ayrton
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Ayrton » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:34 am

I had them and got a $110 fine and 1 point lost....mainly because they can be blinding in reflector housing and there is no way to control the beam of light like in projectors
Red, it goes faster. Exhaust Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCZgiDJtoM

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 am

Ayrton wrote:I had them and got a $110 fine and 1 point lost....mainly because they can be blinding in reflector housing and there is no way to control the beam of light like in projectors

Yeah you just need to be aware that this can happen. I've never had issues with mine but I know I can get in trouble for them.

nosilw
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby nosilw » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:14 pm

thanks all hopefully i dont have to many issues with the police

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:00 pm

35w hids no higher than 6000k should be fine, illegal, but fine. Ive had them for a year and never got done or blinked by on comming trafic. But you will need to aim them down
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:26 pm

OK, I put HIDs in my Lancer, and I "Faced them down" and all that junk, I want to say a few things from my experience. I took mine out after a week, why, it appears brighter, but it actually lights up less of what you need to see, the light is bounced around all over the place, and even when facing them down, still into oncoming traffic, unless you face them at the ground, then you wont see a thing.

When someone is blinded, their first (And stupid as it is, its human instinct) reaction is to go towards the light, they do it subconsciously, so you are drawing people to crash into you. And if they DO crash, as soon as they say, "Its not my fault, I was blinded" Guess who's not getting Insurance.

The reason it doesnt work is the way the bulbs are designed, the standard bold is just a piece if wire, it gets hot, light comes out, its simple, and so the bulbs are small, but a HID light is more technical.

HID lights use electrodes that create a Bolt of plasma, there is no physical connection between the 2 electrodes that cause this bolt, and because its more complicated, the bulb is larger. This means the source of the light is now about 10mm further forward then the reflector was designed for. This causes the light to scatter EVERYWHERE, and it APPEARS to be easier to see, but its a trick on your mine. Yes, you can see a greater % at short distance, because you are sending light in every direction, but the actual visual distance is greatly reduced.

The projector still has a reflector, but now it has the added advantage of a lens that is designed and shaped to focus the light into a strong beam, THEN for added safety, it has a shield, a piece of metal that stops the light going above a certain height, because its before the lens is focused, its a sharp cut off, and not affecting other drivers. The Lens also insures that you can see a great distance ahead, and also the the sides of the road.

OK So I cant stop anyone from doing anything, but here is the Facts. Regardless of what people say;

* HIDs in reflectors will ALWAYS cause glare for other drivers.
* They ARE Illegal, even with a retrofit projector, you need a blue plate.
* They WILL Void your warranty, and assessors are paid to make any excuse they can.
* You are creating a beacon, or a target for people to aim for...

But hey, its not a yellow light, so it looks cool. /rant

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:34 pm

^amen

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Search bar is that way ^

nosilw
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby nosilw » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:18 am

cheers guys lots to think about

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:25 am

Welcome Ryan

Kirtis posted truth :), don't be surprised when you have hids fitted and oncoming cars aim for you. Whether they drive at you because they're blinded or they want to intentionally knock your driver side mirror off as a lesson is purely speculative.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”