***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Just brought a new car!

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm

I wouldnt bother with a fmic unless you go to the track, save yourself the money and buy evo x bpv, full exhaust, 3port, tactrix and tune. Good as gold.

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:47 am

congrats on the ralliart
thought they were too powerful for an exemption
either way i unfortunately have to agree with the other guys
as soon as you change the blow off valve and start dosing is when cops will hassle you like a commodore with stockies on the rear
sound system is a must but save you money till you are off your P plates for performance mods (except exhaust, need that)
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731
ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)
-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 am

Gratz on the new RA man! That's awesome.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:54 am

A responsible P-plater, as rare as platinum! That's awesome stuff and well-rewarded with access to a nice machine. Enjoy!
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:18 am

vermilioN wrote:I wouldnt bother with a fmic unless you go to the track, save yourself the money and buy evo x bpv, full exhaust, 3port, tactrix and tune. Good as gold.

Agree there
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am

squala wrote:A responsible P-plater, as rare as platinum! Thats awesome stuff and well-rewarded with access to a nice machine. Enjoy!

there is no such thing, just ones who are lucky enough to talk their way out of fines, or haven't been caught yet

and congratz on the car and the exemption, and I agree with the others, having p plates on ur car already makes cops want to pull u over, then if ur driving around advertising u got a turbo every single cop will be pulling u over for a "RBT" even if u just got "RBT'd" 2 mins ago, thts just something to think about before u start modding, but onceur off p's go nutz :D
Boost life scrambles the brain

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 am

Congrats on your new car! :)

You will want to know about this:

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12853 ... spark+plug

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:35 am

rokpapaziz wrote:Congrats on your new car! :) You will want to know about this: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12853 ... spark+plug

Yeah, happened to me also.. new spark plugs, and good as gold :)
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Where'd you bring it from? :lol:

The normal headlights are OK (well they're a heck of a lot better than my previous cars anyway), there really isn't much need to upgrade I don't think.

Agree with the others, the standard intercooler shouldn't be restricting temperature or flow rate unless you get serious.

Put all this money towards swaybar upgrades and you'll be much better off. The factory handling of the Ralliart is downright rubbish, a rear bar improves it a lot.

SammyH
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby SammyH » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks all for the input!

I've already picked out a few performance mods I don't want to change a great deal as stated above COPPERS ARE GOING TO LOVE ME!

Sound system is pretty much paid for already I bought Alpine Type R's a few weeks back just been sitting in my closet! And I've got a Type S sub on the way as well! :)
Most atheistic things will just swap straight out off my ES like the taillights/vents/bulbs all that fun stuff :)

I ended up getting Wicked White same setup as my ES which I'll be selling in October :)
As for performance I'm a little undecided ATM, looking at a definite BOV upgrade and exhaust! They are a definite! And Maybe throw in a AEM intake or just a drop in high flow filter for the short term.

I've had my P's for a good 2 years now only got one more year left
On my greens then I'm on Opens.

All in all pretty happy with the purchase and pretty excited to fly down and drive it back next week! :D

SammyH
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby SammyH » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Picked up my car Wednesday!

In A1 condition! Loved driving it home had so many people look as i drove past surprisingly insurance was only $25 more a month than my ES so thats a score!

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:34 am

Good stuff mate! I know if I had my RA on my P's I would have wrapped it around a tree lol but at least I would have had some chance of walking away from it with all the airbags and stuff.
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:12 am

Congrats Sam - love RA's in white

Re performance mods -

BOV = no extra power, just holds what's there and unnecessary without tuning - don't get a vent to air one - recirc is better. Evo IX & X ones are more than sufficient

hard UICP = slightly better boost control

FMIC - cooler air = a touch more power from a given PSI (colder air is denser). A good early mod if you're going to up the power via pill/3port/TBE

TBE exhaust - doesn't have to be tuned for but puts out more pwr when tuned

AEM intake - nice but unnecessary unless you're upgrading the turbo, a drop in does the job well - AEM will need MAF tables sorting (tuned)

Tactrix - so so necessary imo. Flash base GST tune for real drivability, more power, better fuel and better shifting, and log log log

pill + GST flash = goodness
3port + tuned GST flash = controlled awesome

Have fun :)
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:47 pm

I want an RA! ...Nah, stuff it. Costs too much for servicing etc anyways lol
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

SammyH
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby SammyH » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks for the Tip mark I will admit as much as I love the sound of the VTA valves I don't really want to get defected seeing as I'm already a cop magnet ):

I'm thinking evo X BOV and intercooler if I'm lucky enough to snap one up! And I'm probably getting the DC sports cutback exhaust as its not too loud :) will source a dump pipe later :)

I've been looking at car audio straight off the bat I've had some alpine type R's in my cupboard for a while so i might put them in sometime although I'm really tossing up to just tap into the factory wiring or use an aftermarket headunit! I am really loving the steering controls!

Return to “General Talk”