Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mitchell
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

NSW / Mitchell / Hi all!

Postby Mitchell » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi gents and ladies!

I have been using your site for a while now, so I felt it time to actually introduce myself. As well as introductions I would very much like to thank you all for the excellent community you have formed. I am sure some have become accustomed to clubcj as it is their home base, but from an outsiders point of view you are the forerunner on current information regarding the CJ lancer.

Well done.

My name is Mitchell I bought my first lancer two months ago, It has actually been a fairly trying period for myself. I am 30 years old as of last week and I have finally come to the realisation that HP is not the be all and end all of cars.
It has been very tuff as I still walk past my V8 ever day in order to get into the lancer, although ever single day I remind myself that if she handled like the lancer did, had the acceleration of the lancer, plus the seven airbags and 5 star ancap I would probably be driving it.
It has also been hard learning about our cars downsides like the paint jobs though I still truly feel the lancer hits well above par.

Here's a couple of shots that I thought turned out alright of my car.
The front is blacked out with carbon fiber film and after the dyno adds 25+ kilowatts.

Thanks for having me guys an gals I look forward to hopefully adding to your community, I am not sure what yet but it will come.
Here's a lil' bit of personal knowledge, I just stepped out of a 3.6l supercharged v6 holden and I have never.... I'll say that again... NEVER... been shoved back in my seat at gear change. I'll update when I blow the transmission but this thing rips a V6 no probs at all.

Last edited by Mitchell on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Welcome to Club CJ Mitch! :)

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:56 pm

nice work mate !!! welcome to club cj !
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Welcome to the forum mitch! lancer looks great mate!
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Heya Mitch
Welcome to the club!
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Welcome Mitch. Nice color choice to mate White = Hot in the Lancers

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Welcome! :)
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Mitchell
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Mitchell » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 pm

You guys are ridiculous! 5 replies in an hour... believe it or not you are what makes or breaks a site. I have spent countless hours as a mod introducing people to a site, coercing them to interact and contribute as much as they can. Yet here your community is healthy and more than capable of supporting themselves.
Always continue what you are doing, a warm welcome often pays itself back seven fold.
Thank you.

No matter what question about my car I post to google, it ALWAYS has links within the top 3 to Clubcj, be proud of that as it is not easy to achieve.

Thanks for the warm welcome,
VRX_08- Thanks mate
SIX420- Thanks again, but not much is done by me. The blue trim on your wheels looks awesome mate.
Metalstrix- I can't take much credit, it was blacked by previous owner, I think he hit some gutter and blacked out 'cause of it.
shamoo-Thanks, Blue lancers are f'ing ace!
Mitch- Lol, went for mitch as user name but was barred. Not that I was aware at the time, but yes, white lancers do look sic.
Last edited by Mitchell on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitchell
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Mitchell » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:42 pm

belle_tb_ES- Why thankyou! I will as like I said I have been here for awhile :)
bez3rk-I will mate!

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Mitchell wrote:You guys are ridiculous! 5 replies in an hour... believe it or not you are what makes or breaks a site. I have spent countless hours as a mod introducing people to a site, coercing them to interact and contribute as much as they can. Yet here your community is healthy and more than capable at supporting themselves. Always continue what you are doing, a warm welcome often pays itself back seven fold. Thank you. No matter what question about my car I post to google, it ALWAYS has links within the top 3 to Clubcj, be proud of that as it is not easy to achieve. Thanks for the warm welcome, VRX_08- Thanks mate SIX420- Thanks again, but not much is done by me. The blue trim on your wheels looks awesome mate. Metalstrix- I cant take much credit, it was blacked by previous owner, I think he hit some gutter and blacked out cause of it. shamoo-Thanks, Blue lancers are fing ace! Mitch- Lol, went for mitch as user name but was barred. Not that I was aware at the time, but yes, white lancers do look sic.
cheers mate but those blue wheels are going soon because they are faulty and have tarnished ;( and unfortunately I can't get them again so they will be going in the next week or so for another rim just as nice though !
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup

2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Mitchell
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Mitchell » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 pm

That's a shame mate, they do look nice!

Can't wait to see the new ones though ;)

Mitchell
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Mitchell » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:08 pm

If anyone actually likes the faux carbon fiber blackout on the front of my car. I will send them a piece FREE OF CHARGE to anyone that wants it. I still have some vinyl left (not much about a square meter) but as a show of good faith if you think it looks sic, then let me know and I will send a cut out trimmed to size for you. Don't get me wrong, it will cost me money and time, but as far as I am concerned the more awesome looking lancers out there the better.

I can use it myself but would rather someone else be happy with their blackout. I had the standard before but if you apply the CF vinyl properly it may look a bit unique. Not to quench your enthusiasm but I ran into problems when applying due to tapering edges but would be happy to advise how I obtained the look. It is also actually (though I am fairly dexterous) very hard to get a good transfer size, It is one thing to cut it out to size, it is another completely for it to look square on the car.

I also have it on good authority that it adds KW's, but then again he might be full of it.
Let me know, I am happy to help out a mate or three.

Fizzlefuzzle
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Fizzlefuzzle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Welcome to the club!
<b> Proud owner of Australia's and club cj's first glitter pink 2011 CJ Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer :) </b>

<i> Life is short, so are my dogs! (corgi life) (basset life) </i>

Mod thread ; http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=297953 (cj-black)

Fizzlefuzzle
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Fizzlefuzzle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:44 pm

I'd love some of the cf if you have some left over
<b> Proud owner of Australia's and club cj's first glitter pink 2011 CJ Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer :) </b>

<i> Life is short, so are my dogs! (corgi life) (basset life) </i>

Mod thread ; http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=297953 (cj-black)

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”