***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

SA's next cruise meet ideas please

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:46 pm

would it be possible to do it on a Sunday this time? i really wanted to come on the last one but i work Saturdays till 5
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Kal777 wrote:would it be possible to do it on a Sunday this time? i really wanted to come on the last one but i work Saturdays till 5

It's Daylight Savings now, maybe the time for cruise start can be pushed after 5? But yeah a Sunday cruise would be great. +1 to this suggestion!
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm

What about a run down to the Pt Adelaide / Gillman area for a photo shoot in front of some of those old and abandoned factories in the Pt Adelaide area and any other good places in that area!

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm

hey guys next crusie is up in the sa section its on sunday 28th oct and we are doing a beach run with a bbq lunch down south possibly aldinga.
thanks for the ideas, keep em coming.
also theres a car show one this weekend both sat and sunday at the show grounds-extreme auto show.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:21 pm

To a drag strip! (not sure if SA has a drag strip but lets do it!) See who has the fastest lancer in SA ;)

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 pm

hey guys + gals, loving the ideas.

we did organise a drive in ages ago but it never happened, so that mite be an idea, as long as we get nice weather for it.

a drag strip would be pretty cool. i would love to take my car somewhere and see what it can do, but am a little worried i will kill it :( i know every now and then at mallala when they have their events on sometimes they have an open class where people can take their everyday cars on the track, i dont know all the details, costs and that though.

its coming to the end of the year and i know peoples lives will be getting busy with xmas an stuff. so im thinking we will squeeze a quick cruise/meet in nov and then one wkend before xmas do a xmas lunch or dinner somewhere. if anyone knows of any nice pubs, not too expensive...

keep an eye out in the sa section, as i will be putting up our nov cruise details soon.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Hopefully cruise will be after the 24th? I've got exams until 23 and have something on the 24th unfortunately. :(

After that though, freedommmmmmm. :D
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

TPG
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby TPG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am

I'll keep you informed of events held by Mitsubishi GSR/EVO Club, and extend invitation to ClubCJ for those. This includes Mallala + Motorkhana style events.

Alternatively if you would like to attend Mallala Days, then MGEC can assist ClubCJ in the organisational and running of the event if need be, due to our CAMS affiliation.

Otherwise the Come n Try Days Mallala hold are your best bet.

Tyres are much of a muchness. Yes good tyres help your time. But i've been out there on "Indoradials", certainly teaches you how to get the best from limited grip.

Brakes + brake fluids are must, you'll simply cook stock brakes/fluid.

And Autosport in Magill can help you out with Helmets etc, go see Andy there and he'll sort you out!

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Murray Bridge / Mannum.

Leave from TTP (Modbury) and go via North East Rd / Torrens Valley Rd (B10), Adelaide - Mannum Rd and Reedy Creek Rd to Murray Bridge and then back to Mannum!

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/veH1y

CJ_lancer_772
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby CJ_lancer_772 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:58 pm

That sounds like a great idea! I hope i can get my car all sorted in time for this! :D
Lancer, the only car worth it! :D

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:55 am

CJ_lancer_772 wrote:That sounds like a great idea! I hope i can get my car all sorted in time for this! :D

A few of us did this run on the Tuesday just gone! Shannon, Kayla, Todd and I did it, was alot of fun and just enough of us, with quite a few laughs along the trip! :D

We also got the 3 cars on the ferry at Mannum also, couldn't really get any photos on the ferry though as we had a truck alongside of us on the ferry! :(

This is the map of where we went: http://goo.gl/maps/NazNl
Slightly longer than the map posted earlier, next time we could even do Tailem Bend too and ride the Jervious ferry too (might be quieter than Mannum or go over the Purnong ferry)! There is also some nice cliffs along the river from Tailem Bend I heard!

I hope we can do this run as a group on one of our SA Cruise's it is a excellent run and plus it is always a few degress warmer up there too :D

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”