***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

RANT SECTION! Let of some steam...

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 am

JustinR wrote:I was going home along Heathcote Road, Sunday night and had a Golf GTR that decided to ride up my arse (its a one lane road all the way to the top where it splits into an overtaking road), i was doing the speed limit (70km) in my fathers Nissan Murano, and it was obvious this person was in a hurry (it was 11:30pm mind you). Just to stick it to them, i dropped back to 60 just before the second lane opened up to make them back off, then proceeded to accelerate all the way up the road on the left hand side. The driver high beamed me (which had no effect since the Murano has a auto-glare rear view mirror which dims when light becomes strong) and proceeded to catch up to me probably doing double the limit to catch up to me. When this person caught up to me, they tried to stay alongside me (so they could probably yell out the window), but i tapped the brakes slightly in fear that they could throw something, and he sped off... Some people are simply just stupid in all honesty.

!!!!

I don't agree with your actions as I consider it antagonistic behaviour, and that my friend, leads to road rage as you said.

Who cares why this guy is in a rush at 11:30pm, let him be and get out of his way. He is obviously flouting the law by tailgating already, why escalate it. What has the car he drives have anything to do with it, would you have reacted differently if he tailed you in a Bentley Continental or a garbage truck? Slow down at the overtaking lane, roll down the window and gesture him to pass would have sufficed and be done with it. In all my years of driving I've learnt one thing, you can't control other peoples' behaviour on the roads, just your own.

Sad fact of life is we share the roads, not own it.

edit: By the way the thread title should be changed, there are two F's in the word OFF "Let OFF some steam".
Last edited by kalt on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 am

^^^

I think you've failed to read that i went into the LEFT lane, giving them the opportunity to overtake me anyway, why they felt the need to catchup to me and probably have a go at me defines the type of driver they are anyway. I would have reacted the same no matter what car the person drove, there is no need to tailgate me when im abiding by the law in the first place. The type of car driven gives you the idea though of the person driving it...

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:51 am

Yeah sorry I meant "Slow down in the left lane at the overtaking lanes and gesture them to overtake you in the right lane".

My bad.
Last edited by kalt on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am

I'm not condoning the fact that i exceeded the speed limit (in order to give myself some distance from this person), however he had no reason to do what he did, as i didn't sit in the right lane and continue to be slow.

Erin, it wasn't a simple as moving over, as this particular road is surrounded by a cliff face on both sides and it is not safe to overtake until the overtake lanes arise. Anyone who knows this road will know how notorious this road is for accidents.

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Well back to the topic...This will go down well.......Children in The Restaurant at the pub.If I wanted to watch screaming children throw food about I would go to Maccas.Pubs and clubs are for grown ups.Get a babysitter folks!
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Im happy for kids to be there, as long as they aren't whinging/running around.

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Dont' get me started on prams in coffee shops *facepalm*
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR

"Don't back off until you hit something"

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:58 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Sorry to hear that seff that sux! What a tosser. I would have chased him down and been late for work/uni whatever. Ppl really need to learn how to drive properly. Too many idiots who have no idea of the road these days. I had a guy overtake me (speeding) and get back in front of me this morning when I changed into his lane even though I was heaps ahead of him...dude..its not like i was holding you up being really slow in front of you! There was heaps of room and I was already doing nearly 65 with no traffic around us.

Merging is always dodgy too esp here! I had a woman once blow her horn at me after nearly running me into the kerb on springbank rd where the lanes merge cause she was determined not to let me in despite half of my car being in front of hers! Uh, merging101 love: whichever car is further back gives way to the one further in front. I had to make out like I was going to side swipe her to make her let me in, jerked the car suddenly in her direction, otherwise I would have been up the gutter. She was a P plater, couldnt believe she thought she was in the right...dont they teach you L & P licensers merging rules on your license anymore?

Well the driver was some noob in a Renault Laguna. Can't believe she sped up just so she gets ahead of me and damn near made me cause an accident. Oh well, later on she got slowed down on the left lane due to slow traffic there and I got ahead. :D

Well, the thing is he was turning out of a street into Torrens Rd towards South Rd, and I was on Torrens Rd going towards the city (I take a weird route but it gets around most of the worst intersections), and his car was sticking out half in my lane.. When I got to a stop my car's left side was basically just out by a hair in front of his. He just legs it and turns right when I parked to check the car out and got out.. the prick. >_> He drives a light blue Commodore.. probably would be 89-91 model. VN/VP whatever the code is for those. It really drove me off the wall that he drove off. ==

Seriously if it wasn't for my timing and the ABS I would've hit him really hard... which in turn will mean the driver caused an accident that would've shut down a major road which means road ragers and me not being able to get to uni and a potentially written off car. :/

@Cammo, yeah I'm glad I'm safe too. Lol I had an important class to attend today as well.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Seffy wrote:[quote:b98c77316f=TrojanHorse]Sorry to hear that seff that sux! What a tosser. I would have chased him down and been late for work/uni whatever. Ppl really need to learn how to drive properly. Too many idiots who have no idea of the road these days. I had a guy overtake me (speeding) and get back in front of me this morning when I changed into his lane even though I was heaps ahead of him...dude..its not like i was holding you up being really slow in front of you! There was heaps of room and I was already doing nearly 65 with no traffic around us. Merging is always dodgy too esp here! I had a woman once blow her horn at me after nearly running me into the kerb on springbank rd where the lanes merge cause she was determined not to let me in despite half of my car being in front of hers! Uh, merging101 love: whichever car is further back gives way to the one further in front. I had to make out like I was going to side swipe her to make her let me in, jerked the car suddenly in her direction, otherwise I would have been up the gutter. She was a P plater, couldnt believe she thought she was in the right...dont they teach you L & P licensers merging rules on your license anymore?[/quote:b98c77316f] Well the driver was some noob in a Renault Laguna. Cant believe she sped up just so she gets ahead of me and damn near made me cause an accident. Oh well, later on she got slowed down on the left lane due to slow traffic there and I got ahead. :D Well, the thing is he was turning out of a street into Torrens Rd towards South Rd, and I was on Torrens Rd going towards the city (I take a weird route but it gets around most of the worst intersections), and his car was sticking out half in my lane.. When I got to a stop my cars left side was basically just out by a hair in front of his. He just legs it and turns right when I parked to check the car out and got out.. the prick. >_> He drives a light blue Commodore.. probably would be 89-91 model. VN/VP whatever the code is for those. It really drove me off the wall that he drove off. == Seriously if it wasnt for my timing and the ABS I wouldve hit him really hard... which in turn will mean the driver caused an accident that wouldve shut down a major road which means road ragers and me not being able to get to uni and a potentially written off car. :/ @Cammo, yeah Im glad Im safe too. Lol I had an important class to attend today as well.

Good to hear that your all okay anyways and it didn't damage your car too badly! Did you happen to get the drivers registration number as if he hit you then I would report it to SAPOL!

SA drivers are the worst and people do not konw how to merge and use the passing lanes correctly which gets so frustrating! Although I am one of those people who use the lane that is about to end as far as I can as everyone else then congests the other lane(s)! As soon as people see know the lane is ending (or they see a signing informing them the lane is ending in 250 or 500m) they all have to merge over that instance!

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Didn't get his number plate, but his car does have a distinctive damage at the front.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Seffy wrote:Didnt get his number plate, but his car does have a distinctive damage at the front.

He come off worse than you then?

SA drivers just really annoy me at times too, I had two the other day too within 10km's on the way home from work Saturday afternoon!

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Nah, even before the incident I already saw his car had damage from some kind of accident he had before.

Return to “General Talk”