***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

RANT SECTION! Let of some steam...

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Its just about $$$ to them Joseff, they don't care otherwise, if this is the case what will happen to EB Games, that where they make most of their money in the first place!

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Merging is fine but when people do it in such a way that everybody in that lane has to adjust for that one person when they force they're way in it really annoys me. Im all for having fun on the road but you need to respect others who are doing the right thing.

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Regional managers need I say anymore
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 pm

VRX_08 wrote:Its just about $$$ to them Joseff, they dont care otherwise, if this is the case what will happen to EB Games, that where they make most of their money in the first place!

Good point.

But, I won't mind paying 20 bucks more or something, not 40 or something ridiculous. And remember, EB isn't just in Australia. :P
JB does it right I guess, they usually sell a game around 20 bucks more expensive than the game sells in the US these days. It's still a lot, but at least it isn't a ridiculous amount (I remember getting Black Ops for 80 bucks a day after it came out, and EB was selling it for 110..)

And in regards to that, EB makes a LOT of money from pre-owned sales, so having copies of a game code-locked to only work on one console would ruin game stores altogether.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

porkkrop
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby porkkrop » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Yeah i hate how overpriced console games are in australia. i never have nor ever will buy any games at full price. i usually buy them from uk at least almost on par with us sales. save so much but you will have to wait a week or so.

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 pm

VRX_08 wrote:Its just about $$$ to them Joseff, they dont care otherwise, if this is the case what will happen to EB Games, that where they make most of their money in the first place!

Actually eb games make next to no money off consoles. Pre owned is there biggest thing

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:31 pm

ScootaX wrote:[quote:f868bce07e=VRX_08]Its just about $$$ to them Joseff, they dont care otherwise, if this is the case what will happen to EB Games, that where they make most of their money in the first place![/quote:f868bce07e] Actually eb games make next to no money off consoles. Pre owned is there biggest thing

That was what I actually meant, realised after it wasn't really worded very well. :)

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 pm

RIGHT!!!

I hate waiting for paint to dry before I detail my car. Stupid chemical is the cleaners cant go near the paint for 12 hours god dammit. I cant start to midday tomorrow. I wanna detail it now..... Though no stone chip anymore :)

RANT OVER!

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I hate it when you are driving up a hill and someone in front of you is going slower and then there is an overtaking lane and they stay in the right lane right behind someone driving in the left lane so you have to slow down....especially if you had to drive a manual.

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

The last place I took my car to for a wheel alignment just deflated the front right tyre to compensate for the car's tendency to veer to the left. 36psi all round, 30 on front right.

Also my fault for taking so long to check tyre pressures (~3 weeks). I bumped it up back to 38psi all round. Car's handling is now the way it was before the 'alignment'. Also recorded on my dashcam on the day: technician test drove it 2 minutes down the road, pulled over to the kerb and made a 17 minute personal phone call before driving it back to the shop.

Is there not one honest person working in the automotive profession?!

I end up doing work on my car where I can, but I'd prefer not to... I'm happy to pay someone to do it, but it seems I can't get anyone competent to carry out basic car maintanence related services without giving me a bigger headache in the process.

Dealer servicing: I pay dealer rip-off prices, including extra for services in addition to the logbook specified. Have an issue - raise it with them. They don't follow up, don't hear from them ever again.

Independent mechanic: overfills the sump, uses their cheapo third party products when I supplied the original overpriced OEM items to them in the first place, and can't answer questions related to my specific vehicle without resorting to generic answers (related to spark plug heat ranges).

Sometimes I feel like it takes too much to be an automotive enthusiast. I should just give up and trade it in for a Camry....

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 pm

It's scary leaving your car with people who don't care about it the way you do :(

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:46 am

whitenight wrote:ok driving the evo nice and normal then i this P plater in his fully sik SV6 commodore slammed on king springs with his 20 bob jane t-mart chinese made rims with more amps and sub wooffers than cylinders going doof doof doof pull right up beside me at the set of lights and then proceeds to rev his engine wanting to have a run i mean come on FFS cant i go any where with out getting hasseled by a bloody commodore p plate driver. RANT OVER

I hear you Ken! Why is it every dipstick driving a piece of $**% wants to race you in the traffic.I keep checking my rear bumper to see if it has a sticker on it saying "will race idiots" !
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:25 am

My car is still drying and I am hungry and I cant go anywhere to get anything.

Rant Over!

p.s Someone bring me food

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 am

ScootaX wrote:My car is still drying and I am hungry and I cant go anywhere to get anything. Rant Over! p.s Someone bring me food

dial a pizza

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:39 am

nah subway!!!! Healthy eating

Return to “General Talk”