***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What would you like to see in the new body Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 am

Maybe it's ur system mate coz I can get my bros really really loud panels vibrate lol I wish I had it in my vrx damn that previous owner grrrr
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

SchumieFan
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby SchumieFan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 am

Sir Lancer-lot wrote:
SchumieFan wrote:What would i like to see? three little words... REAR WINDOW WIPER!
Eeeerm got one of those already....!

Bloody HATCHbacks :P

byzon3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby byzon3 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 am

SIX420 wrote:Maybe its ur system mate coz I can get my bros really really loud panels vibrate lol I wish I had it in my vrx damn that previous owner grrrr
SIX420 wrote:Maybe its ur system mate coz I can get my bros really really loud panels vibrate lol I wish I had it in my vrx damn that previous owner grrrr

lol
well i'll check the amp im guessing its pretty small W and the RMS output would be low... possibly upgrade the amp

Thanks for the info

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 am

SchumieFan wrote:[quote:337d077888=Sir Lancer-lot][quote:337d077888=SchumieFan]What would i like to see? three little words... REAR WINDOW WIPER![/quote:337d077888] Eeeerm got one of those already....![/quote:337d077888] Bloody HATCHbacks :P

sports back!!!!!! Not hatch lol ;D
Last edited by SIX on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 am

Folding mirrors have been around since 2011, in the Ralliart at least.

I'm not a fan of the V6 in the Outlander, it's sluggish and unwilling. Put in a Lancer would just make it more nose heavy. The 2.0T is a much better unit.

Specific improvements for the next Lancer should be interior quality and fuel consumption I think :) They're already full of tech and good to drive, and even haven't aged that badly considering how old the CJ now is. Also need better model differentiation and more regular freshen ups (6yrs and no facelift!).

jonno2012es
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jonno2012es » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:47 am

belle_tb_ES wrote:All lancers AWD or at least RWD . Subaru are one of our main competitors and they have it

I would have to agree, now that i'm selling them the AWD system makes a HUGE difference. It's not really slower compared to the lancer either... Subaru have put in multi-billions of dollars in perfecting their Symetrical AWD technology. To be honest these days I strongly believe that if you were to race an auto/manual Impreza Vs. a Lancer the Impreza will be slightly faster. It just comes down to the take off... AWD are a bit harder to get moving off the line but once you perfect it there is nothing that would be faster... Case in point the GTR 0kph - 100kph in 2.5 seconds, good luck putting that sort of power down in a front wheel drive and getting traction.
Low 'N' Slow.

mickyoz

Postby mickyoz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 pm

I think I mentioned elsewhere but Japan has a NA lancer AWD version out there.

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Well put Jonathan! :)
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 pm

jonno2012es wrote:Case in point the GTR 0kph - 100kph in 2.5 seconds, good luck putting that sort of power down in a front wheel drive and getting traction.

Uhh you want to compare a supercar to an economy car? :?

jonno2012es
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jonno2012es » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:53 pm

If you were to race a brand new GTR in AWD compared to front wheel drive GTR the AWD would be alot faster both off the mark and around corners.

If you want to talk fuel economy... the MANUAL lancer ES does 7.5l/100k average the AUTO Impreza is only a frugal 6.8 l/100k.

Keep in mind the AWD technology is meant to use more fuel than the 2wd cars. Granted the base model manual lancer costs around $19,000 - $21,000 and the Impreza base manual costs $27,000 but what you are paying for is the Symetrical AWD, Boxer Engine, 6 speed auto/manual, and virtually every other feature as standard including Stop-Start technology.
Low 'N' Slow.

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 pm

jonno2012es wrote:If you want to talk fuel economy... the MANUAL lancer ES does 7.5l/100k average the AUTO Impreza is only a frugal 6.8 l/100k.

Doesn't the impreza only consume premium fuel though?
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Do u need these options for every day driving ????? To sell great volume of car Subaru have updated the impreza twice in the time frame the Cj has still been around and I think u will find that the Cj still out sells the impreza for the mere fact that people don't need or really want these options on a base model run about car
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

jonno2012es
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jonno2012es » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 pm

@ Ryan - Nope, the Impreza runs on standard unleaded (only the WRX runs on 95 ron or higher)

@ Mark - The previous shape Impreza has been around since 2006, they only changed at early last year. The Stop-Start feature save a lot of fuel especially in peak hour traffic. They have reverse camera, bluetooth, audio controls on steering wheel, paddle shift (auto only), better visability, full size spare, better fuel economy, are an awful lot quieter on the road and handle 100% better thanks to AWD and Boxer engine designm also the fit and finish is far superior.

Also there is NO price difference between the sedan and hatch Imreza unlike the Lancer. People buy the Lancer because of the price difference but once people have owned a Subaru they generally don't look at any other brand (That's what I have found in the past 5 months of selling them).
Low 'N' Slow.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Of course the GTR would be ruined if it was FWD, but thats because its powerful. A lancer isn't.

AWD increases fuel usage, increases drivetrain friction, increases weight. If the impreza is more economical its because they're saving fuel in other areas.

The only benefit to AWD in an underpowered car is improved safety in poor road conditions. But keep in mind it only has improved grip under accelaration, theres no difference when coasting or braking.

jonno2012es
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jonno2012es » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Dire wrote:Of course the GTR would be ruined if it was FWD, but thats because its powerful. A lancer isnt. AWD increases fuel usage, increases drivetrain friction, increases weight. If the impreza is more economical its because theyre saving fuel in other areas. The only benefit to AWD in an underpowered car is improved safety in poor road conditions. But keep in mind it only has improved grip under accelaration, theres no difference when coasting or braking.

The point I am making is that if you're trying to compare speed with an AWD car compared to a 2wd car the AWD is much better.

Yes, the AWD does make the car heavier they way they got the fuel economy down was to properly engineer the car.

You're right AWD is far better under acceleration not at speed or braking... however in cornering that is a whole other story. There are a whole range of benefits when going to an AWD car, the only downside is the price.
Low 'N' Slow.

Return to “General Talk”