Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

EvoX12
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Newbie from SA - Evo X

Postby EvoX12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Hey all,
My name is Leo from Adelaide.

Proud owner of a Evo X CJ MY12 GSR manual! (couldn't go the auto)

It is the titanium grey (?) which was only introduced for MY12 so I haven't seen one on the streets yet.

I purchased the car with a MRT XB kit, adjustable coilovers and rear sway bar. Tuned to 217kw atw - I suspect this is plenty!

Definitely a fast car and the exhaust note is much better (imo) than the stock. I drove a mates MY11 Evo X and felt like it was missing an exhaust note (but everyone has a diff opinion).

Looking forward to keeping the car as a weekender...will be a long time between driving breaks thats for sure. Need to keep those ants at bay!

Comments/observations on the above mods are welcome as I do not know much about them but for what is on the MRT site.
Evolution X MY12 GSR
MRT XB Kit (ECU remap, exhaust) - HSD Adjustable coilovers - Rear Sway Bar

Skydiver21
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Skydiver21 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Welcome Leo, great car!

Skydiver21
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Skydiver21 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Oh by the way, how do you find the note from the MRT xb kit exhaust?

Much of a drone? Is it a deep and throaty note? I am looking at this.....any chance you could take a video or sound clip if the exhaust mate?

Skydiver

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Welcome!

In regards to MRT, they aren't really recommended as they are way overpriced so if you want to mod in the future it would be best to ask questions and go aftermarket :)

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Hey Leo welcome to SA and club CJ we have a cruise on Sunday 24 heading to victor harbour feel free to come be great to have an Evo there :) and make us wish we all had one lol

Mark
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Yeah I know, if he plans to mod in the future they aren't the best choice money wise. Just putting it out there for future refference.

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

byzon3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby byzon3 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Welcome Leo great to see another evo

I got the XA kit from them and it made a noticable improvment, however I looked into the XB kit they wanted about $5000 for it for a set tune and their own 3inch exhuast and on the website has the dyno results at 232kw for the XB, im yet to hear of anyone who has come close to that mark they advertise.

As mitch has stated quite pricey....

EvoX12
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby EvoX12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Skydriver - the exhaust is throaty when it wants to be. At the lights at idle there is very little if any noise. Once you accelerate then the exhaust switches on, deep and throaty. Very pleased that it does not have a drone - otherwise I would have been put off (like most others).

cold start not driven for 2 days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4WipnM ... e=youtu.be

what do you think? Not that bad.

I would love to come to the Cruise but February I am NA due to work. Where (and what time) is the meeting point - would be keen to come to the meeting point and meet the SA members.

Re the mods - I wouldn't have done any myself - but yes, as pointed out they were 'extras' on the vehicle.
Evolution X MY12 GSR

Skydiver21
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Skydiver21 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Yeah it's a pricey mod, I am aware of other aftermarket exhausts but have not heard what the xb sounds like. I also like the o2 sensors fit into the original positions

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Not trying to hijack the thread.. But as an example to back up my statement.

MRT: XB Kit $5000

Aftermarket: Custom turboback exhaust, boost controller, WGA, tactrix, beeble road tune.. Around $1600 (you dont need the wga or boostcontroller but it would make a big improvement over the MRT kit)

EvoX12
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby EvoX12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 pm

byzon3 wrote:Welcome Leo great to see another evo I got the XA kit from them and it made a noticable improvment, however I looked into the XB kit they wanted about $5000 for it for a set tune and their own 3inch exhuast and on the website has the dyno results at 232kw for the XB, im yet to hear of anyone who has come close to that mark they advertise. As mitch has stated quite pricey....

the car was dynod at about 179kw atw (stock) with an almost 40kw improvement to 217kw atw (with XB kit). From memory, MRT claim a 40kw improvement. Seems about right. Your right, it is way off the 232kw they show on their 'example' dyno.
Evolution X MY12 GSR

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”