***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

New member from Liverpool - Jordan

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Yeah I think I'm just gonna go with whatever I get the best deal on...

Color suggestions? I really like the Saph blue and the titanium, but i've only seen them, the cool silver and the black.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:36 pm

If I were getting. I'd get sapp blue. I have a cool silver. look at my pics if you want an idea of what it looks like. Black will absorb all the heat in summer :).
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Welcome to the club mate.

I'd like to stick up for the CVT here since it seems all the manual people here are trashing it :P

I've driven the CVT in my old VRX and my dad's Activ is a CVT too. It's actually quite a good unit. Sure it can get annoying with the constant tone but it delivers constant power and it works quite well when you need oomph.
If you dont like it then you can switch it to the sports mode and change gears yourself so its not like its all drone all the time.
As for using more fuel... I dont know about that. I was just driving my dad's car last night and he'd done 615km and still had quarter of a tank left. I'm not sure about how much fuel a manual car uses but thats gotta be pretty good.
i'm also going to go with belle's point in traffic. not sure how bad your traffic jams get, but it's a pain in the butt in Melbourne. I seriously do not want to drive a manual and having to play with the clutch all the time in start stop traffic here.

in the end though I think you need to drive both the CVT and manual and see what suits you.

Colour wise... I quite like the titanium
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Momengah wrote:Welcome to the club mate. Id like to stick up for the CVT here since it seems all the manual people here are trashing it :P Ive driven the CVT in my old VRX and my dads Activ is a CVT too. Its actually quite a good unit. Sure it can get annoying with the constant tone but it delivers constant power and it works quite well when you need oomph. If you dont like it then you can switch it to the sports mode and change gears yourself so its not like its all drone all the time. As for using more fuel... I dont know about that. I was just driving my dads car last night and hed done 615km and still had quarter of a tank left. Im not sure about how much fuel a manual car uses but thats gotta be pretty good. im also going to go with belles point in traffic. not sure how bad your traffic jams get, but its a pain in the butt in Melbourne. I seriously do not want to drive a manual and having to play with the clutch all the time in start stop traffic here. in the end though I think you need to drive both the CVT and manual and see what suits you. Colour wise... I quite like the titanium

I never trashed the cvt apart from say it makes a moo sound at take off which it does lol .... I said it was personal option
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Are you daying that lancers are cows!?!?!?!?!?
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:45 pm

metalstrix wrote:Are you daying that lancers are cows!?!?!?!?!?
lol if you shut your eyes and listen to one take off maybe lol moooooooo
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm

SIX420 wrote: I never trashed the cvt apart from say it makes a moo sound at take off which it does lol .... I said it was personal option

I know I know... just exaggerating a little bit :P

SIX420 wrote:[quote:01035dd76d=metalstrix]Are you daying that lancers are cows!?!?!?!?!?[/quote:01035dd76d] lol if you shut your eyes and listen to one take off maybe lol moooooooo

hahaha we should get a white lancer and stick some black stickers on it to make it look like one! :P
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)

-Cosworth Air Filter

-Evo X BOV

-Evo X Intercooler

-Grimmspeed 3 port

-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP

-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:54 pm

[/quote:607599d77b] hahaha we should get a white lancer and stick some black stickers on it to make it look like one! :P[/quote]

i'd pay to see that lol
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks guys, I'm gonna drive my white CVT lancer off a bridge!

I've driven both the Manual and CVT. I second Alex's comment RE: Melbourne traffic. I could not have a manual car here. I've driven manual for 7 years and this is my first Auto.

I hate the drone and lag but a tune will help with the lag and exhaust and SRI help with masking the drone. But once you put it into Manual mode it feels like a diff car, I love it. Feels like all the advantage of a Manual without the clutch :). Kick it up into 3.5k revs and boom :).

That beibg said, I do find manual more exciting to drive but I just could have it with the Melbourne traffic :/
Sportback... because everything sexy needs an ass!

Mod Thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12562\

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:22 pm

DTGriff wrote:Thanks guys, Im gonna drive my white CVT lancer off a bridge! Ive driven both the Manual and CVT. I second Alexs comment RE: Melbourne traffic. I could not have a manual car here. Ive driven manual for 7 years and this is my first Auto. I hate the drone and lag but a tune will help with the lag and exhaust and SRI help with masking the drone. But once you put it into Manual mode it feels like a diff car, I love it. Feels like all the advantage of a Manual without the clutch :). Kick it up into 3.5k revs and boom :). That beibg said, I do find manual more exciting to drive but I just could have it with the Melbourne traffic :/
\

dave im not pin striping your car at Mt G im going to black spot it :D
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Welcome to the club! I've been to Livo at some stage when I was in Sydney a couple of years ago, honestly it can't be THAT bad... but then again I wasn't there at 7pm or later so I wouldn't know.

I would prefer manual, but I got CVT since I got the car for a bargain price. That being said though, it's personal preference and both transmissions have their pros and cons that depend on your preference. :)

DTGriff wrote:Thanks guys, Im gonna drive my white CVT lancer off a bridge!

It's not that bad! LOL.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

[quote="SIX420"][quote:965f8e37f5=DTGriff]Thanks guys, Im gonna drive my white CVT lancer off a bridge! Ive driven both the Manual and CVT. I second Alexs comment RE: Melbourne traffic. I could not have a manual car here. Ive driven manual for 7 years and this is my first Auto. I hate the drone and lag but a tune will help with the lag and exhaust and SRI help with masking the drone. But once you put it into Manual mode it feels like a diff car, I love it. Feels like all the advantage of a Manual without the clutch :). Kick it up into 3.5k revs and boom :). That beibg said, I do find manual more exciting to drive but I just could have it with the Melbourne traffic :/[/quote:965f8e37f5] dave im not pin striping your car at Mt G im going to black spot it :D[/quote

Ahahaha! nevvveerrrrr!
Sportback... because everything sexy needs an ass!

Mod Thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12562\

jordan.fuchs
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jordan.fuchs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Seffy wrote:honestly it cant be THAT bad...

Famous last words.

Yeah to be honest, I took the ES CVT for a test run and before I even left the dealership I had it in manual mode (or whatever it's technically called).

Thanks for all the help btw guys, it's really great to think that soon I will not only be part of a group of people that drive awesome cars, that I'll also be a part of such a great group of CJ enthusiasts.

As for the meet on the 17th, I might come check it out, I don't have much planned for that day/night (I may even have my lancer by then!)

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”