***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Road rage

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:21 pm

Momengah wrote: Ive had that happen so many times. There was this one time where my lane was ending and I needed to change lanes. I had plenty of room to do it in too... about 2 and a half car lengths of space - more. So what does the idiot do when he sees im indicating? Speeds up in his fully sick car blasts up so I cant merge and nearly crashes into the car in front because he was going too fast. Bloody idiots I swear. Then there was today... stupid truck driver merging out decides he didnt want to take the room left to him by the other truck and go behind me. So instead speeds right up next to me and starts changing lanes into my lane while Im right next to him... I think the roads are just getting more and more dangerous

It's times like that where you record their rego (of course cam footage is better as it cant be argued) and pass on to the police. There is an offence called driving without due consideration, in both cases the drivers would have faced hefty fines and demerits.
My personal favourite is when you are moving in fairly constant traffic and some douche tailgates until you change lanes, then floors it for the 0.8 seconds until they eat up the 20m gap between where you were and the car in front.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

If people just drove properly we wouldn't have these issues!

I think all drivers need to do some driver refresher course as alot of people don't know the most simplest of road rules now days, no wonder why road rage occurs when people don't know the rules!

The worst I find is people who drive in the far right lane (meant for overtaking) on multiple lane roads and they simply clog the lane by not moving over when they have passed! Or the idiots who simply drive up the passing lane alongside someone causing more problems! I don't know how many people I have shaken my head at, flashed my high beams or tooted and they still don't get it, even when you stick your hand out the window pointing out one of those 'Keep Left Unless Overtaking' signs! Just beacuse you think you are doing the speed limit doesn't mean you are exempt from this simple rule! And no wonder why there is road rage!

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:20 am

VRX_08 wrote:If people just drove properly we wouldnt have these issues! I think [b:10b5b30d80]all[/b:10b5b30d80] drivers need to do some driver refresher course as alot of people dont know the most simplest of road rules now days, no wonder why road rage occurs when people dont know the rules! The worst I find is people who drive in the far right lane (meant for overtaking) on multiple lane roads and they simply clog the lane by not moving over when they have passed! Or the idiots who simply drive up the passing lane alongside someone causing more problems! I dont know how many people I have shaken my head at, flashed my high beams or tooted and they still dont get it, even when you stick your hand out the window pointing out one of those Keep Left Unless Overtaking signs! Just beacuse you think you are doing the speed limit doesnt mean you are exempt from this simple rule! And no wonder why there is road rage!

Even if there was a refresh course, no one would actually follow it afterwards. There will always be idiots
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:37 pm

metalstrix wrote:[quote:5ef9dc38f3=VRX_08]If people just drove properly we wouldnt have these issues! I think [b:10b5b30d80]all[/b:10b5b30d80] drivers need to do some driver refresher course as alot of people dont know the most simplest of road rules now days, no wonder why road rage occurs when people dont know the rules! The worst I find is people who drive in the far right lane (meant for overtaking) on multiple lane roads and they simply clog the lane by not moving over when they have passed! Or the idiots who simply drive up the passing lane alongside someone causing more problems! I dont know how many people I have shaken my head at, flashed my high beams or tooted and they still dont get it, even when you stick your hand out the window pointing out one of those Keep Left Unless Overtaking signs! Just beacuse you think you are doing the speed limit doesnt mean you are exempt from this simple rule! And no wonder why there is road rage![/quote:5ef9dc38f3] Even if there was a refresh course, no one would actually follow it afterwards. There will always be idiots

True, but at least everyone would be to date with road rules, a lot of people fail and don't know how slip lanes work or those people who don't know how to use roundabouts properly, especially those dual lane ones! Thats just a few!

Alot of the rules have changed over the years at least people would get the oppurtunity to learn these newer rules that have been altered or added since they get their driver's license!

Tong-sea
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tong-sea » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm

That idiot i reckon is still suffering from ADHD even at his age of 21. :) :)
Thong-sea

Return to “General Talk”