***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

** QLD SPOTTED THREAD **

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Spotted Megatron today on South Pine Road just south of Everton Park

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Dazz4C
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Dazz4C » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 pm

CJVRX wrote:Yeah legal if you dont get caught

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Get ... icles.aspx

RA is under 125kW/T. Perfectly legal in Queensland.

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 pm

quote="Dazz4C"][quote:2ed2a2d115=CJVRX]Yeah legal if you dont get caught[/quote:2ed2a2d115] http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Get ... icles.aspx RA is under 125kW/T. Perfectly legal in Queensland.[/quote]

Dude dude dude!!!!!!!

RA under 125kw? 177kw stock!

Just to straighten this out...the department states...... A P1/P2 holder "cannot" drive the following

•a turbocharged or supercharged engine that is not diesel powered

I think that is a pretty straight forward statement
Some vehicles are exempt like the Suzuki Cappachino

If you do a search for "BANNED" vehicles the Ralliart comes up as "BANNED" department of transport has Ralliart/Evo under the same banner as they have the same motor.

So a Ralliart is perfectly "ILLEGAL" on "P" olates.

I have even asked at the department office to clarify this about 2mths ago.

There really isnt any grey area i dont think IMO

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 pm

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart CJ
4 door Sedan4 cylinder, 2.0 (1997cc) engine6 speed, Sports Automatic Dual ClutchTurbo Intercooled Application required
4 door Sedan4 cylinder, 2.0 (1997cc) engine6 speed, Sports Automatic Dual ClutchTurbo Intercooled Application required
5 door Hatchback4 cylinder, 2.0 (1997cc) engine6 speed, Sports Automatic Dual ClutchTurbo Intercooled Application required
5 door Hatchback4 cylinder, 2.0 (1997cc) engine6 speed, Sports Automatic Dual ClutchTurbo Intercooled Application required

So Ralliart can be driven by a P Plater. And it says 125KW per Tonne

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 pm

These are "APPLICATION" approved and you have to have a dam good reason like "Your parents own one and its your only means of transport and you live in the outback"
You can get a licence for just about anything if its "Approved" but under normal circumstances the answer is still "NO"

I personally know of 2 "P" platers done for driving a Turbo charged car...one in a Turbo Vectra and another in his mums Forester GT (an old one)

Fact is if you get pulled over driving one on a "P"plate licence with no approval you "will" get booked.

Or.....you can try and argue the point with the very Polite and understanding Police officer writing you the ticket.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Yes, you're going to get booked without one - But all that carry on is only if the car is over those restricted specs.... Yes, the cars listed by Speedie need an 'Application'...

But, all you need to do for that is fill in the form an answer 'yes' to this one question:~ Do you wish to drive a high-powered vehicle that has a turbocharged or supercharged engine (not diesel powered) with a power-to-weight ratio of 125kW/tonne or less?

Just fill in the 'Max. Engine Power', 'Kerb Weight' & 'Power-to-Weight' ratio from factory specs and sign the form.....

"Certificate of Exemption...." to be produced when asked by a Police Officer > Admin Fee of $34.95...
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Dazz4C
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Dazz4C » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 am

evil.ralliart wrote: Fact is if you get pulled over driving one on a Pplate licence with no approval you will get booked.

My point was it was perfectly legal to drive one. Obviously there are catches to it - but a P plater with a RA is possible. Didn't mean to stir up this much discussion.

yuj1n
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yuj1n » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 am

Yep its possible i myself am driving a RA on my green P plates due to the power/weight ratio rule. you just gotta fill out a form and it gets sent to some department head to get signed off. I'm guessing when they give out exemptions they look at past driving records. Also p platers can get exemptions if they have no other car to drive or they need to drive a high powered car for work etc but the exemption will specify when they can/cannot drive.

Dazz4C
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Dazz4C » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:07 am

yuj1n wrote:Yep its possible i myself am driving a RA on my green P plates due to the power/weight ratio rule. you just gotta fill out a form and it gets sent to some department head to get signed off. Im guessing when they give out exemptions they look at past driving records. Also p platers can get exemptions if they have no other car to drive or they need to drive a high powered car for work etc but the exemption will specify when they can/cannot drive.

When are you off your P2's?

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 am

You don't need a reason to drive turbo cars.. As long as it's under 125KW/T. The rules were changed at the end of 2011..

Cammo00
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Cammo00 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:00 pm

You can drive a turbo vehicle on p plates if you go to the rta and sign a decareration and send it away. With in a week or to you will receive a letter back as If you have pomitions to drive a high proformance vehicle and you licence will be changed.

This is what I got as I need to test drive all vehicle I fix and there is plenty of other reasons to be excepted for this. :)

It's also on P PLATER MODS TOO.
Love That Car. (cj-blue)

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm

No offence but take this convo else were NOT in the QUEENSLAND spotted thread

Neon
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Neon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 am

Tarquin wrote::P - Were up Morayfield way and have family out your way & up to North Lakes.... :) School run in around Caboolture too...

Matte Black Magna with Silver "MAGNA" on the guards is mine.. usually find me staring at your car lol
Sold the Pulsar, Bought a 98 CE MR lancer, sold that and bought a 97 CE MR Lancer
Sold my Volvo 850r Turbo Wagon
Still haven't bought a CJ :D

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Spotted white CJ in Labrador this afternoon. Sweet looking ride! Number plate started with AZA with CCJ sticker on the side
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

Return to “Queensland”