***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

SA-16/12/2012-Sunday Xmas Lunch

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JESS_cj
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby JESS_cj » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:17 pm

I think Lobethal sounds like a wonderful idea, in my opinion.

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Never been to Lobethal before so it'd be a nice idea, but gathering from what I have been told by many people being it very busy, it does depend on timing.. If we do this right (say, going there early, waiting it out till the lights (so technically we can eat there too)) it can work.

In short, don't count out the Lobethal idea, but keep in mind that it can be non-cruise friendly if you know what I mean.

We still have quite a bit of time to discuss over this as members. :) so we'll throw in many ideas and see which one ends up being best for the situations.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 pm

as much as i would love to go to lobathel, i dont think i would be the best idea. i have never been there, but from what i have heard its crazy! theres cars n ppl everywhere and u drive for ages just to get a park and then have to walk miles to c all the lights. one day i will get up there to have a look, but i dont think it would be very cruise friendly.

i was actually thinking more along the lines of just finding somewhere to sit down and eat, rather then going on a cruise. and im trying to cater for people who live far away from the city, so they will be driving for like an hour just to get to the meet point.

the blackwood run is good, but we have done it about 4 times this year. a picnic is also nice, that botanic park erin mentioned on sheppards hill rd, is beautiful. i used to go there for lunch when i did the mitcham council contract and feed the ducks.
another good place would be thorden park, up athelstone way. i have never been there, but heard its really nice. there also a really nice park near my place that has a huge car park + toilets! but i dont know if it has much shelter.
a picnic idea is nice, or bbq, but maybe im just trying to get out of it easy by wanting to go to a pub(that way i dont have to go out buying everything, then spend time preparing and cooking)
anyway keep the ideas coming, we still have like 3 weeks, although i would like to get a bit more organised this time and hopefully by this wkend figure out when and where we r going :)
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 pm

I've been to Thorndon Park and it is a really nice place to go. :) I'm quite certain we'd be able to find plenty of parking there and also a space for us to have a picnic.

I can also suggest a park at Mawson Lakes; has a playground, bbq and tennis court lol, nice and simple area. It's near where the Woolworths is over there.

I do wish we could go to Mengler's Hill though, haha. If only it wasn't so far. :(
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 pm

I won't be either to make either, so count me out. :( I'll be leaving for my Xmas holidays around the 11th.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

Sushi
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sushi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Ill be back in Lincoln by then (driving home this Sunday). Hope you all have an awesome day =)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Mengler's Hill isn't bad and is a nice drive up their although it is fair way for the people living in Adelaide and down south of Adelaide to come!

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Hey everyone looks like i mite have to make a quick trip up to the riverland for a family do on friday night. That means our xmas do will have to be on sunday and at lunch.

Are people free then?Sunday 16th dec lunchtime?

I have been asked if there will be a cruise. I wasnt planning on cruising. Just thought it would be nice to find a place where we could all sit down, have a good meal n talk. However if people are traveling the same way they r more then welcome to meet before hand and have like a mini cruise to the destination.

I'd still prefer to go to a pub somewhere. Yeah a picnic is nice, but pub is easy cos someone else is doing all the cooking, and if the weather is bad we r indoors under shelter. This time of year also some pubs do specials for xmas functions, so we might be able to get a good deal if we have enough people.

As this is now 2 weeks away, i would like to have a couple of places in mind so i can get onto booking it.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm

ill be in horsham for work !!! or driving back i thing atm ill let u know closer to the date :) sounds like fun though fingers crossed ill be back
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”