***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

HIT & RUN - UPDATE: I FOUND THE CAR/GUY!!! :D

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 pm

that is awesome news !!!! :) good work lol
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Yeah hopefully the roller coaster ends there! Well see about the ending of this one yet but. Not over until the insurance has authorized repairs and agrees I wont be paying for excess...

In the event that they don't cover your excess, perhaps you can get the guy at fault to pay it for you. The really important thing here is that your insurance recognises your innocence and not charge you higher premiums as a result of the hit-and-run.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 pm

well it would be considered your fault if you or he pays on your behalf the excess.
The insurance company normally bill another insurer for the damages but seeing as the dude is not insured he should be liable for all the costs.
If you pay the excess to your insurer that means you agree to be at fault (or share a percentage of fault) automatically.
even if you couldn't find the driver. if you paid excess you are technically at fault for being there and making a claim. what happens on your policy afterwards is up to your T&C of your insurer.
From what i have read he just trying to worm his way out of not admitting fault because of the cost of your excess is far less than the insurance\loosing his license when police catch up.

If this is 110% the dude that hit your car I think you are quite generous to let him off the hook so easily.

Hope it pans out well.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:23 pm

ahh i see.
I thought given his age he could still be on his Provisional license.
Anywho that is terrific news your insurance company will chase him now. and fingers crossed the only phone call you get is that your car is ready to be picked up :)

Flanger
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Flanger » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:28 pm

That is great news. It's about $400 and 3 points IIRC, for leaving the scene of an accident without leaving their details. Now they're up for the damages AND the fine. Would've been cheaper to take 1 minute to leave a note.

I was hit just the other week and the guy did a runner and I wasn't there at the time. Luckily there was a witness who stayed around, nicest guy I've met. At least there's still some decent people around.

Now the next challenge is to get insurance sorted.
Computer monkey

Flanger
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Flanger » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:46 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Did the guy that hit you have insurance?

Don't know, although I doubt he does. I haven't dealt with him directly.

When the police questioned him, he denied he was even in the area. Not the best plan when the car in question is in the driveway. Right. Next. To. Him.
Computer monkey

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Yeah well Ive got rating 1 protection so my premium shouldnt change but yeah would be shit if they still considered it my fault and made me pay for it. The guy has already offered to pay my excess so if it comes to that I will keep it in mind. Hopefully not though.

If the guy has already admitted fault and agreed to pay the excess, then the insurance shouldn't hold you liable for it. Why should it be your fault when someone doesn't have insurance and hit your parked car? You may just need to read up on their terms.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 pm

My interpretation is that it is only no offense if its only your vehicle that has damage and no other vehicle\bike\person\animal.
If you hit another vehicle that isn't yours on the road even if it is parked you have to report the accident to the police. (by doing so providing all your details)
he will get done for not logging a police report within 24 hours.

The fleeing the accident is only when there is injury\death.
I don't think they can ping him for not leaving his details when the car was parked unoccupied. there is no reason to say that the details blew away in the wind.

Always report the accident to the police. you can exchange details and drive off saying its no worries but that means nothing in court. you can always get pinged if the victim decides to change their mind. highly unlikely but still.

chukatsung
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby chukatsung » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:08 am

Good to hear that ended well for you!
I make vinyl stickers!
PM me for details
Or Click here to visit my Facebook page

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”