***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Bad Customer Service

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mwang1990
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Bad Customer Service

Postby mwang1990 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Today I took my lancer to McGrath Mitsubishi in Liverpool to get my a/c fixed because it does not work... again. This is not the 1st or 2nd time I've taken it back, it's the 4th! Every time I call them about it they say bring it in and we will look at it. First time it needed a re-gas, which I found odd as the car was only a year old at the time. Week later it did not work again. Called them up, brought it in, apparently the gas wasn't at the right pressure from the re-gas. Month later... you know the story... ring them up, bring it in etc etc. this time some switch needed replacing which needed a day to order, so that's 2 days without a car. Few months down the track, broken again. Called them up, bring it in 7:30am the next morning (time they open), was the 3rd car in line, bloke says they will look at it again, and won't guarantee it will be fixed today, so I said that's fine, as long as the problem gets solved. He says he will call in regards to progress. Whole day passes, its 5pm, no call and I know they close at 5:30pm. Give them a ring, and he says that they need to replace some parts and that they are on back order which will come in about 5 weeks time. I then ask if I can pick it up and he says they close at 5:30 and I live about 30 mins away, and he says if we are not there by then, we cannot pick it up. I got very pissed at that point, so I sped off with my brother all the way there in peak traffic, get there exactly at 5:30, went inside and things got nasty.
I started asking the guy why he never called about the problem, and apparently they take their time to diagnose the problem to make sure they get it right, it takes from the time we dropped it off at 7:30am, till 5pm to diagnose that the compressor was faulty. I found this complete bs, and asked if they diagnose properly, why wasn't it done right the first time, and he never answered any of my questions straight. Always saying how they are busy, and they were about to call us blah blah blah. I then asked him why he never called, and how this is the 4th time I've brought in the car in for the same problem, and they can't even have the decency to give a simple phone call to let us know cause I need the car daily, and he gets annoyed and says, "anyways, I have no time for this, I need to go pick up my daughter". At this stage I am death staring this guy in the face while he just sits there typing stuff into the computer. His manager was there also, and he didn't do anything about it, just sat there with a smile on his face. Eventually I just got fed up and said to call me when the parts arrived, then I said "this is bloody ridiculous" and then the guy got angry, and said "excuse me!? what did you say?" so I repeated myself , still death staring, and walked off. Stupid a**hole.

Rant over.

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 am

is this at the place near parramatta?

mwang1990
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mwang1990 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:03 am

It on the Hume Hwy in Liverpool

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:43 am

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. Some dealers for some reason are just not professional. Have you tried another dealer even if it means travelling further?? I wouldn't be going back there and would be writing a complaint to head office.

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:45 am

Odd... Never had an issue with them, they fixed my car twice, once for faulty air vent and second time leaking rear diff seal.
Both times within the day... I dealt direct with the manager both times though.

Call Sunny, he is the Dealer Principle and tell him the situation.
See if he can help you out or at least shoot a rocket up the service departments ass!

mwang1990
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mwang1990 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 am

Slash wrote:Odd... Never had an issue with them, they fixed my car twice, once for faulty air vent and second time leaking rear diff seal. Both times within the day... I dealt direct with the manager both times though.

The manager of service was present at the time as well and he just sat there smiling, and added more excuses, no apologies or explanations whatsoever. Saying they go through extensive search for the problem(s), so I asked why do this the 4th time, not the first time, and he said they did, so my brother just had the smartarse reply saying "so I have to come back every few months to fix it". and his reply was "I hope not".

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:27 pm

If your going to go back there... Talk to the DP, if he cant help you.
Take it to another dealer.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 pm

That does seem like a bad experience, although the aircon worked for a while after each time though right? So maybe your system is a bit dodgy too...
Doesn't excuse their nonchalant attitude towards a recurring issue though :(

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Speaking from service experience. Just because you drop you car off int he morning does not grantee they will even get a chance to look at it. 99% of service departments are pre booked at least 2 weeks in advance and they book services for the entire day with no allowances for anything else as money talks and bullshit walks. If they have free time and to be honest its usaly about 30mins in a day (not a joke) they will have a look.
Your car is not the only car in the service center.
Going off you tree does nothing and WILL make you life alot harder in that service department from now on. That person behind the counter has been on his feet from 7:30am till 6pm all day dealing with customers and for you to give him shit at the end of the day is the last thing he wants. Luck they didn't tell ypu to take your car and leave.
Mechanics and Service advisor are not Magicians and not everything is a 1 hour fix so calm ya nips and retract ya head abit.
Its people like you why i will never work for a service department again

mwang1990
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mwang1990 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:17 pm

I understand that he had worked all day, but what about me? I've waited all day without a car for a simple phone call to say they cannot fix it today so I can at least pick up my car, yet no call, Not to mention, they know it is the 4th time I've brought it in for the same problem.

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Yes they should of rang you thats a given. And loan cars go very fast and usaly booked about the same as the service book in.
Worth thing you could of done have a shit fight with him cos now you be know as "that dick" or something along those lines. Iam not kidding either.
Best advice is to find out the area rep for Mitsubishi if that fails ask for the state rep

mwang1990
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mwang1990 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 pm

I work as a manager and deal with complaints all the time so I know what he is thinking. But I don't go about making all those excuses, and saying I have no time to deal with them for whatever reason.

Return to “General Talk”