***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

UFO dismissed

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Neon
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

UFO dismissed

Postby Neon » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:51 am

Due to being done with $110 in fine's for my neon's EVEN tho I didnt have them on whilst driving I am removing all of my neon's... sigh, didnt think I would have to see this day, The cops attitude was ... yeahhno... To say the least I think I got the grunt of someone else giving him a bad night, Apparently ALL my neon's.. no matter the colour and my parker's are "Unapproved" and must be removed.. thanks mr officer for ruining what had been a good night -.-... Anyway.. Figured yall should know and stuff..

Peace.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:49 am

I would be appealing that. Even with the new goon laws coming in. How did cop know u had them if they wernt on.
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:00 am

not only that, but im pretty sure that its not illegal to have neons fitted as long as they are not on. thats like saying no car should be allowed to have fog lights installed unless its foggy even though they are not turned on.

pretty sure if you appealed it the fine would get revoked. as long as you have them mounted in safely so they dont have any movement it should be legal.
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

Neon
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Neon » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:41 am

Matt, I have 2x frosty's on my door pillar's at the front, He has no issue with them being there.. Just that when they are turned on, They're blue.

Well thats what I thought as well, the cops argument on the lights was:

What colour are a cop car's lights when they are flashing, Red and blue, So does that mean when they turn their lights off its not a cop car anymore?

His attitude was just flat out f'n rude.

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 am

Definately let this one go to court...Cops will issue fines on the basis that you wont fight it and just pay the fine. I have represented myself on a number of occasions when i was younger and won against the police...Get a copy of the laws and study up on them. Knoweldge is as they say Power!...I had a cop on one occasion try and book me for disturbing the peace due to my audio system level being to loud...i politely stated to him that i was aloud 110db until 10pm at night and that i would see him in court as he did not have a meter. The fine wasnt even issued.

I saw on the news last night in regards to the new 2 strikes and your car gets crushed with the new "Hooning laws. I find it ammusing that they were carrying on about the hooning laws and the death toll. I have never seen the actual death toll number for doing a donut in an industrial area or a "Death by Donut" account. What about drink Drivers and Dangerous Driving? Do they get there car destroyed? NB: i dont support skids in industrial areas...just saying it has "Nothing to do with the death toll.

Anyway...yea.. I would fight that Luke

Syke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Syke » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:17 am

sounds he is just one of those coppers that gives you a fine because he doesnt like you instead of breaking the law.
Police like that should be fined themselves for abusing their power.
Syke
One step closer to owning an Evo

Google Is Your Friend! Learn to embrace it...
Check Out My Garage
http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1054

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:48 am

Part 6 section 219 demerit points schedule.
Using lights on a motor vehicle that dazzle other road users.
1 demerit point and $44 fine
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:19 pm

NOOOOO not the UFO! :(
Take it to the court mate!
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:45 pm

i'd go to court over it, the lights were not on/in use when the vehicle was in motion.
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Fitter wrote:Part 6 section 219 demerit points schedule. Using lights on a motor vehicle that dazzle other road users. 1 demerit point and $44 fine

so why not book people for driving with fog lights on during the day and daylight running lights, and high beams.

sorry for being off topic abit.

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Don't know Ben. But that's from qld dept trans website
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR

2013 WORLD TITLE

2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Neon
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Neon » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah I am gonna fight it all the way, my lights get used once a week outside of my own property and thats friday nights at Munchies, Apart from that.. they sit there doing nothing, Wasnt impressed with his attitude, his tone of voice and flat out him. I am going to enquire about getting a copy of the voice recording for that incident as it was at an RBT blitz that I got done for it so I would assume that his recorder was on, NOT TO MENTION that he got me to put my lights on parker's AND took a photo without my permission... as far as I knew they needed the owner/operator's permission to take any photo's of any vehicle for any reason.. I could be wrong on that tho... Caboolture cops mate... fair'd inkum
Sold the Pulsar, Bought a 98 CE MR lancer, sold that and bought a 97 CE MR Lancer
Sold my Volvo 850r Turbo Wagon
Still haven't bought a CJ :D

Neon
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Neon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Ok so I spoke to traffic branch today, allegedly my parker's are illegal, will find out when I speak to DOT on this however, I was also informed that due to my neon's being on a seperate switch and they werent turned on he had no right to find me for them, altho the smart prick I found out wrote that my parker's are the reason for the fine and not actually my neon's themselves, However my so called "Fog lights" are yet to be determined... looks like I may have to just pay the damn fines but I will see what happens over the next few days after dealing with transport themselves
Sold the Pulsar, Bought a 98 CE MR lancer, sold that and bought a 97 CE MR Lancer
Sold my Volvo 850r Turbo Wagon
Still haven't bought a CJ :D

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Neon wrote:Ok so I spoke to traffic branch today, allegedly my parkers are illegal, will find out when I speak to DOT on this however, I was also informed that due to my neons being on a seperate switch and they werent turned on he had no right to find me for them, altho the smart prick I found out wrote that my parkers are the reason for the fine and not actually my neons themselves, However my so called Fog lights are yet to be determined... looks like I may have to just pay the damn fines but I will see what happens over the next few days after dealing with transport themselves

That's still dodge to be honest. Like, none of us ever will know what is legal and illegal in terms of lighting until we get our bottoms fined. -.-
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

Return to “Queensland”