***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Putting my MY09 Ralliart up for sale, would like some input

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

hollywood
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Putting my MY09 Ralliart up for sale, would like some input

Postby hollywood » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey guys, long time lurker here. Firstly if this post conflicts with any rules, let me know and i'll fix it up.

Was hoping for a some tips on selling my Ralliart. I have had my ad of carsales (link below) for about a week, getting a few views but no bites.

Anyone have any comments on the ad, the car, the pics, the description...?
Is the price too high? I put it at 25k expecting some dealing room, as far as i can tell its not the cheapest listed RA but its the lowest kms in its prices range.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... rt=default

Thanks for your help.

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Have you tried putting it in the weekend paper?

When I sold my other car, it was sold through gumtree. Just be careful as there are quite a few scammers, usually tell you to email them etc.

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Don't expect a low volume niche model car to move anytime soon. 1 week is too soon to judge whether there's anything wrong with your ad... Remember Mitsubishi as a brand aren't exactly in favour with the buying public, and even folk who are semi literate about performance vehicles will only ever know the 'Evolution' moniker.

1. keywords. Your 'free text' section reads like a paragraph of text and is lacking in keywords - the type that people tend to search for. '4WD', 'all-wheel-drive', 'turbo', 'always serviced by dealer', 'TC-SST' (which was completely omitted from your ad BTW - you described the transmission as twin clutch auto), etc.

2. common features of the car can be omitted. IMHO some of the standard features of the Ralliart model can be dropped - assume someone who's looking to buy a Lancer RA will know of its general features, make it more about how YOUR particular example is different or stands out from the others. eg. One owner; daily driven; never raced, etc.

3. be a stereotype. To compliment the 35,000km odometer: non-car people are overly hung up on the kilometers, real car nuts will want to know whether those were highway kms, off road, drag strip runs, etc. Your ad starts at "super fun to drive" implying you've had fun driving it (ie. it was driven hard, and everything is worn out or about to cost the next owner a ton of money in maintainence and upkeep). Is the car modified? Has it been in a crash? Are mechanical inspections welcomed? It may seem superfluous or unnecessary, but it pays to mention these basic meaningless keywords as it reassures potential buyers.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:30 pm

I second Chi's comments.

Someone who is looking for an RA is likely to have done some research and have some idea of the car. Emphasize the low Km's, the servicing by Mits, the 12mths rego and remove the stuff shown under standard features. Read other RA ad's and look for the blurb that would draw your eye and copy it

Also, bear in mind that the price is quite high. I brought my 2011 RA for $31.5k with 15,000km and full leather/MMCS. It still took the seller 3mths of having it listed before I purchased. If you want a quick sale drop the price to within a $1000 of your bear minimum, else it'll be on there a while

Hope this helps :)
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

hollywood
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby hollywood » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, i'll get cracking on updating the ad.

They are the kinda things that sound so obvious now, but did not even cross my mind when i wrote the ad.

Return to “General Talk”