***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

smokie
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby smokie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:12 pm

New spider headlights and electric blue rear ergo lights.
Sorry no pics yet (Internet is too slow and I haven't figured out to upload pics to a thread( I'm not a computer person))
25*C, window down with the iPod playing

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Dire wrote: Where they go? :?

I bought the 2012 Activ and it doesn't come with fog lights, instead there's just plastic moulds there lol. Some have suggested I actually buy fog lights but they're so expensive and I don't need them anyway.

Tong-sea
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tong-sea » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Tried plastidip on the mit logo and badge, door handle and tail lights...
Thong-sea

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Seal Cub wrote:Image Added some color to the placeholders where my fog lights should be

Haha, they look like the tips of rockets! Road rage is go! KA-Boooommm! :lol:
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Seal Cub wrote:[quote:00628d74bc=Dire] Where they go? :?[/quote:00628d74bc] I bought the 2012 Activ and it doesnt come with fog lights, instead theres just plastic moulds there lol. Some have suggested I actually buy fog lights but theyre so expensive and I dont need them anyway.

Dude i got them included when i bought my lancer. They gave me some shit about how the ralliart fog lights are hardly ever in stock and only the standard es ones are so theyre going to give me a call when there in and theyll install them for me during the first service which is fair enough. Got the call and took the car for first service last week, they told me the wait was about 4 hours and ended up waiting about 4 and a half hours. Got the car back and first thing i noticed was no fog lights. Again gave me some shit how theyre not in stock and have to be ordered from japan. I was like fair enough but why did you just call me and tell me they were in?? must have thought that i had the es model. Learn your god gamn product. And if i was told that it was 4 hours to get everything done, why did it take even longer without having the lights installed and wired up etc. Were they just sitting there with the es fog lights for an hour trying to flip it and rotate it before they reliased it was the wrong one. smh lol

cjdee
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby cjdee » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:22 pm

I removed my rear spoiler, painted the plugs for the boot holes, removed my front bumper vinyl and re-sprayed my engine cover and fuse box cover. Also removed the lancer and sx badges

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:23 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:Haha, they look like the tips of rockets! Road rage is go! KA-Boooommm! :lol:

Haha! Now that you've mention it, they do look like it. Just another reason for anyone to piss their pants when they see a lancer coming up from behind!

chunky9 wrote:Dude i got them included when i bought my lancer. They gave me some shit about how the ralliart fog lights are hardly ever in stock and only the standard es ones are so theyre going to give me a call when there in and theyll install them for me during the first service which is fair enough. Got the call and took the car for first service last week, they told me the wait was about 4 hours and ended up waiting about 4 and a half hours. Got the car back and first thing i noticed was no fog lights. Again gave me some shit how theyre not in stock and have to be ordered from japan. I was like fair enough but why did you just call me and tell me they were in?? must have thought that i had the es model. Learn your god gamn product. And if i was told that it was 4 hours to get everything done, why did it take even longer without having the lights installed and wired up etc. Were they just sitting there with the es fog lights for an hour trying to flip it and rotate it before they reliased it was the wrong one. smh lol

Man, that sounds like a pretty bad experience. The answer to what they were doing for 4 hours is beyond me. But what you said sounds plausible haha. Will you be getting the fog lights in the end though?

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:24 pm

CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

chunky9
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby chunky9 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Seal Cub wrote:ate it before they reliased it was the wrong one. smh lol[/quote:bf02457afd] Man, that sounds like a pretty bad experience. The answer to what they were doing for 4 hours is beyond me. But what you said sounds plausible haha. Will you be getting the fog lights in the end though?

I probably will end up getting them. Just a matter of how long i have to wait now lol

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Ahh it never crossed my mind that even though some models have the RA bumper now they wouldn't all have foglights :?

Tong-sea
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Tong-sea » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:41 pm

black out my tail light, badges using plastidip :)
Thong-sea

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Installed my new battery (Century 55D23L) - after running my OEM one flat today when trying to replicate the issue why I got a sudden flat on Saturday. Seems the battery, indeed, was on it's way out. not storing enough reserve power. Testing with headlights on and air fan running, could not get it to budge much. Turned on the foggies and that's where the power tanked... Dropped 1.5V is the space of a minute. Not sure why the foggies would draw that much power, they're 55W lamps like the headlights... Suffice to say having the lights on for only 2 minutes should not give you a total flat you cannot start the car... so sooner or later in the next few months or weeks the battery would've left my stranded calling roadside assistance.

Oh and stupid design by Century, they have a flap covering the 6 holes where you can top up the battery, but the flap is that "maintenence free" battery type look about it. You can't open the flap unless you unscrew the clamp that holds the battery down. LOL. fail.

So, happy battery!!!! ...and yes, alternator is fine, charging at 14.33V :)

Last edited by The X on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage

Evo_Girl
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Evo_Girl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Got and applied the vinyl for my door handles. Not a big mod, but I think it looks quite tasteful :)

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:37 pm

broken

ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”