***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Evo X stolen in home invasion in Syd

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 pm

fearfulmaster1 wrote:Insurance fraud is an interesting angle. I assume this happens to lower value cars. If people can afford a 2010 X, then insurance fraud is probably not a big incentive.

Not necessarily, wouldn't be the first time someone has gone for a loan on a car they can't afford. Anyway, I'm not saying that is the case anyway. Really doubt anyone wanting to do an insurance scam would be claiming three people broke into their house tied them up and stole their car. Little bit hard to tie yourself up lol

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Happening more and more in Sydney - Either car jacked or stolen from home.

High Performance cars being stolen to be used for Ram Raids or get-away cars... It used to the the high end cars, but they've realised now that the Golf R's and the Evo's can do just as good, if not better in getting away from the Cops.

My brother had a Golf R in Sydney, and this was one of his reasons to move on from it....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Tarquin wrote:Evos can do just as good, if not better in getting away from the Cops..

yeah thats true, do any of the police down in sydney use the new clubsport as highway patrol cars?

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:37 pm

fearfulmaster1 wrote:[quote:ef07711c03=BUZZ_QWERTY]Do you think its an insurance scam?[/quote:ef07711c03] With the exception of joy riding, I assume stolen cars are either: Rebirth Sold as parts Steal to order, perhaps shipped to overseas buyers Expensive / rare cars are more likely steal to order.

I'd say they can steal those cars to commit other crimes. There have been so many times where a high-powered Mercedes or similar vehicle has been used in armoured van robberies in South West Sydney.

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:01 pm

thats why shotguns, hand guns should be handy at home. get security camera's. recently ive been parking my missus 2012 Sti beside the evo x at the garge which scares me abit. not for myself as I stay with my bro now and he's got 2 adorable kids. got forbid they hurt the kids to get what they want.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Isn't data dot technology supposed to discourage them from stealing Evos?
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”