***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Dealer items and fees under "Miscellaneous" costin

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

brislancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Dealer items and fees under "Miscellaneous" costin

Postby brislancer » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Just asking around what people are being charged for items such as "Workshop Supplies" and "Environmental Waste fee" at their Mitsu dealer and what you think of these fees? Also what sort of hourly rate are you being charged there for labour?

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Fixed service cost = $195

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Both my cars are on fixed price servicing.They charge around $20 for enviromental and sundries.The good news is the dirty handmarks,scratches and oil spills in the engine bay are FREE!!!
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

brislancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby brislancer » Tue May 01, 2012 4:14 pm

lancerdarryl wrote:Both my cars are on fixed price servicing.They charge around $20 for enviromental and sundries.The good news is the dirty handmarks,scratches and oil spills in the engine bay are FREE!!!
lancerdarryl wrote:Both my cars are on fixed price servicing.They charge around $20 for enviromental and sundries.The good news is the dirty handmarks,scratches and oil spills in the engine bay are FREE!!!

My last service 75,000km was $35 for enviro waste and sundries. I can relate to the other free extras you get!! How about the last service where they put all of the 5 litres in of the oil supplied!!! Oil drops all over the rocker cover and we will thow in forgetting to stamp your log book for free to!!!

brislancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby brislancer » Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 am

fearfulmaster1 wrote:[quote:eb41e75b85=lancerdarryl]Both my cars are on fixed price servicing.They charge around $20 for enviromental and sundries.The good news is the dirty handmarks,scratches and oil spills in the engine bay are FREE!!![/quote:eb41e75b85] People sometimes find that a particular dealer in western Syd just take the money and dont even do oil change. When you get so many freebies thrown in, then it is beyond reasonable doubts that some work has been carried out. I also get similar freebies from my dealer. BTW, for people who are off fixed price servicing, does that mean you can save the disposal fee if you offer to take back the used oil and other rubbish?

After a heated debate with the service manager, I offered to take the used oil away in a container i will provide, plus the oil filter, as long as they stop charging me almost new oil price for disposal. He said i could do that,after i assured him that such items will be disposed of in the correct manner at my close by recycling station. My local council station you can dispose of up to 20 litres of oil in one go, so no probs, save a few changes up and along with a normal trip to the dump, drop off the used oil and filters. Just a matter of principle rather than pay such inflated charges by the dealer. More people should do it if they can, start fighting back!!!

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”