From EVO to RA, new from melb

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

PUREVO
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

From EVO to RA, new from melb

Postby PUREVO » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi I'm Will, currently owner of a mildly modded evo7, full exhaust, intake, high flow turbo, remap ecu, cams and some other minor stuff, around 200kw atw which is more than I need.

So as much as I love the evo, I'm looking to replace it with a newer car, one that has a more comfy suspension (I'm running apexi coilovers on the evo, even though it's one of the better ones for road it still gets quite bumpy), and something that I can drive up to the snow in. I've decided a ralliart sportsback is going to be the perfect choice.

I am looking at either trying to find a MY11 demo for around 39k, or a 2nd hand MY09 for 28k, both would have to have the MMCS option. I have a question regarding the difference between the MY09 and newer models.

As far as I know, the newer model has capped price service from dealers. I haven't actually gone to test drive any yet, but from pictures it looks like the MY09 doesn't have leather seats, and read somewhere it doesn't have bluetooth and reversing camera. If anyone could list the difference between the 2 models that'd be great.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Welcome to the club Will.

Go see Nick at PMR as he will look after you when choosing your car. Check PMR sponsor section.

nixonx
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby nixonx » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:33 pm

My 09 has bluetooth and allows for a reverse camera as an added feature when purchased.

The main difference is the colour display on the dash, and a bigger cup holder ... lol.

I do how ever hear the transmission in the new models is much better, driving in traffic in mine can seem a bit jerky at LOW speeds (10km)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:34 pm

09 RA has bluetooth
probably wont have mmcs or leather (optioned with sunroof i think)
has no reversing camera.
probably doesnt have fixed priced servicing (mine doesnt)

and welcome to CCJ Will.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

woodduck
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby woodduck » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Mine is a dec 09 build but I'm pretty sure classed as MY10. Either way its the same as an 09 and it has bluetooh, MMCS and reverse camera (with rockford fosgate premium audio) and leather with no sunroof.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 am

I'd go for the 2011 demo in spite of the substantial price difference. The gauges are nicer to look at both day and night, and more importantly, the SST seems to have smoother shifts, and no failures have been reported yet AFAIK.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”