***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Transmission Stuck in Park & other problems

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

brent0013
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby brent0013 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:48 pm

well that answers my question i have a problem with my asc and now i think about it only just started after i put in my new tail lights in i could see how they could take power from the battery and take away from asc...
and so my question is, short from puting the original lights back in can i do anything to have both

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:10 am

Mums ES has an intermittent park issue, she was stuck at a carpark so I had to rescue her with a screwdriver to press down on the switch.

Where abouts is the brake light switch located? is it on the pedal? next time it happens I'll check to see if it's engaging if it's just a hard switch on the pedal or something.

Cheers
Graham
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

porkkrop
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby porkkrop » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:27 pm

this is not just a mitsubishi problem/fault. this has happened on my sisters 07 holden captiva when the brake light switch faults it goes into safe mode

avolance
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby avolance » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:53 pm

There is a safety measure within the lancer's electrics ( ecu controlled ? I'm not sure ) but basically if the brake lights fail / burnout or are faulty, certain things may cease to function. Cruise control is one of them.

I recently had LED tail lights installed ( by Ofey himself ) and once they were in he got me to drive around the block to test the cruise control. Apparently the LED lights draw so little current the car's system thinks the Tail Lights have blown. ( the new LED lights have a built in resistor to load the circuit as normal bulbs would )

So my suggestion is make sure all brake lights and associated fuses are in working order. I hope this helps :-)

Return to “Maintenance”