***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

So my Lancer was stolen...

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Does it really matter who was meaning what. The guys car is gone he knows the facts of what happened and we know what the car looks like to keep an eye out for it.

dejayhan
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby dejayhan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:34 pm

This is devastating :( hope you find your car, ill be on the look out!
Lancers are gay...

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Sorry to hear about this. Really sucks. Hope you find the car soon or bearing that the guys who did it a unload a heap of kick ass on them

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Yes, what I meant by no signs of forced entry was that there was no glass or material on the ground. Sorry to confuse anyone!

The thieves must have been watching the house for a while because they thought nobody was home and they seemed to take the car so easily.

Anyway, I've made a claim to my insurance company and now I just have to wait 14 days for it to either show up at the police station or the insurer will pay me out.

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Sorry to hear about this Z
I have had a car stolen before also, so I can relate to your pain
I live in Mortdale which isn't too far away from Kogarah so I'll keep an eye out for it
Condolences bud and I hope it all gets resolved one way or the other in a timely fashion for you
Good luck withh the process and I hope you are back on the road soon
Regards Chris. :wink:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Mizta B wrote:Sorry to hear about this Z I have had a car stolen before also, so I can relate to your pain I live in Mortdale which isnt too far away from Kogarah so Ill keep an eye out for it Condolences bud and I hope it all gets resolved one way or the other in a timely fashion for you Good luck withh the process and I hope you are back on the road soon Regards Chris. :wink:

Thanks Chris! Good to know of other Lancer owners nearby. I hope everyone's cars are safe and sound at night haha
I never posted images of my car online (eg) facebook to prevent this type of thing happening but I guess it was just my bad luck.

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Carl my car is under lock and key and always watched over
You never can be too safe!
I hate car theives with a passion and would love to see them all strung up the mongrels!!
I am surprised they got your car, the CJ is a pretty secure vehicle by reputation - Maybe an MY12 on the cards eh?
All the best - Chris.... :wink:

Merlinised....

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:59 pm

That really sucks. You must feel shattered.

Please let us how things go.

If you find the answer how it was stolen please share it with us.

Rob_RA
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Rob_RA » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:16 pm

^^^^^^^^ Maybe share via PM?

Probably not a good idea to post up on a public forum how to steal a CJ lancer

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:29 pm

I will definitely let you all know how it goes. Hopefully I will not have to wait 14 days. I'm going to miss having a lancer!

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:11 pm

I really don't understand why we are nitpicking the guy's words or looking for loopholes in his story or saying there must be something he isn't telling us..

he's just upset, his car was stolen, he told us cause we have the same love for what he has lost.. so let's just leave it at that and get the microscope away from Z.

I live in Wolli Creek, but also have a family in Bexley, Turella and Earlwood so I'm always around that area. Best I can do is keep my eyes sharp, I mostly notice all the CJs when I drive around anyway.

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Quixand wrote:I really dont understand why we are nitpicking the guys words or looking for loopholes in his story or saying there must be something he isnt telling us.. hes just upset, his car was stolen, he told us cause we have the same love for what he has lost.. so lets just leave it at that and get the microscope away from Z. I live in Wolli Creek, but also have a family in Bexley, Turella and Earlwood so Im always around that area. Best I can do is keep my eyes sharp, I mostly notice all the CJs when I drive around anyway.

Thanks Karl! When I saw your photos I ha a feeling the area looked so familiar!

There's a lancer just down my street that looks the exact same as mine except for bigger rims. I might go down there and tell him to be weary of his own. and perhaps introduce him to this forum!

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Hey Z yell out if you want any spotted cards to tag CJs with
Cheers Chris. :mrgreen:

Merlinised....

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Z, very sorry to hear, that is very bad news :(

For all the comments in this read I am now very confused re the possible theft method.

***** I spoke to Mitsu today Fri 3RD and they confirmed my understanding that our cars, like most new models are impossible to start without the keys due to the immobilizer signal being required to activate both the ignition and fuel etc in the cars electronics circuitry.
*** Mitsu dealers can, with difficulty, and all the tech manuals and a special Mitsu Only Diagnostic Computer start a car without the correct key in the workshop.*******

Cutting a brake line and towing it I can understand that being possible.

Any other method short of using a key, NO.

Perhaps the previous owner did have another key, both the key and the immobilizer remote it goes in and had all 3 keyed alike and gave you only 2 of them??
What sort of person was the previous owner??

Mum recently lost a key on her 11 yr old Hyundai Accent and when we paid for the new key they had to also recode all the other existing keys to the new code in the car.
AFAIK that is required of all new cars as a security feature when you lose a key. A new code is generated every time a new key needs to be added.
***Mitsu just confirmed this procedure if you want a new or spare key added to what you currently have.****

I also would appreciate a PM or some posted info ( nothing too sensitive/specific if posted) telling us how it was stolen.

It does seems strange that you may have been specifically targeted as our cars and its parts would hardly be in high demand by panel beaters I wouldn't think given their young age and ready parts supplies from Mitsu.
It is hardly a 30 yo classic model that was very rare etc.
Anyway I hope you get it back or get paid out asap.
Please keep us posted.
Last edited by aussie027 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Matthew, from what you have said, it does sound like it is possible the previous owner could be involved. But we can't say for sure. The previous owner lived quite far from where I am and I don't think I ever gave him my address.

If it ever comes back, the insurance company will change the keys for me.

I'll keep you all posted as the situation updates.

For those who have been on this forum for a long time, how often do you see a post about a lancer being stolen? Just curious.

Return to “New South Wales”