***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

So my Lancer was stolen...

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

So my Lancer was stolen...

Postby Seal Cub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:03 am

I don't know if it's proper etiquette or not to let people know on this forum. I'm pretty cut about it. I came home from the movies and my gate was opened and my car was missing! It seemed to have been planned because they took it quite swiftly.

I am in the Sydney area, so if anyone were to spot it by any chance, it is reported as a stolen vehicle.

It is a white 2008 Lancer VR with plates BPS-06Z

Here is a recent photo of it

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:05 am

Any mods on it to make it more distinguishable? Engine parts, mags, bodykit, etc? Photo won't load for me
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:03 am

sorry to hear that, I'll keep a look out in my travels. I thought the lancers were hard to steal with the immobilizes etc...? I don't think there on the thieves most wanted cars hit list?? unless they towed it away?? hope you recover it soon mate, keep us updated .

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:45 am

Sorry about the lack of details, just a bit shaken up by it and felt a little unsafe to put my exact area.

It was taken from Bexley/Kogarah in the St George area (south, south-west sydney), if that narrows it down.

Unfortunately there is not much that stands out, it's pretty stock except for the front bumper blackout, side skirts and a lip spoiler. So it made me wonder why it would have been a target to steal.

At this point I hope that the car isn't found so that my insurance will replace the car completely.

Thanks for your support guys!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:56 am

@ Z aka Seal Club

Sorry to Hear about your Car Theft ..... I know the Feeling ..... I've had it happen also.

However, I'm also a little surprised, since these Lancers are so Ignition Lock-Proof etc (so I'm lead to believe) & the Can-Bus Wiring System adds to the Difficulty.
And as Glen made reference to ..... Current model Lancers are Definitely Not High Rate on the Stolen Car Register.

They must of Cut the Rear Hand Brake Lines with Wire Cutters & used a Tow Truck to tow the Vehicle to a Stripping Place.

If that's what seems to have happened in your case .... which is highly likely.
Then the Bastards are Proficient & Well Versed/Organized in this Activity ..... they've done it many times before and derive an illegal income from it.

Often organized thieves are apprehended & exposed as working For and/or On-Behalf of Panel Beater Repair Shops.
They Steal the Vehicles that Panel Beaters require parts for .... Deliver, Strip & Supply.
Usually they supply many Panel Shops upon request.
Once the panel parts are resprayed and fitted to a paying customers car .... :shock: .... the Identity Factor becomes Non-Existent or Financially Traceable.
Same goes for all the Internal Plastic & Fabric parts in a Car.

Unfortunately, It's Deliberate & Organised Automotive Crime which has Existed & Flourished for Years.
And we're all paying for it via Increased Insurance Premiums .... :(

You say you live in Sydney ..... and ask if anyone were to spot it by any chance !
Sydney is the Biggest City in Australia with the Largest Urbanised Suburban Sprawl of all.

Your Avatar states "Sydney" ..... Just Whereabouts in the Sydney area do you live .... *noidea*
It might help with keeping an eye-out for White Lancers with VR Rims & Black-Out Front Grille.

I hope yours was just a Joy-Ride Incident .... and you Get your Lancer back in the state you left it ..... But I doubt either .....
Sincerely Sorry Z .... No point in me Inflating your Hopes & Aspirations.
I hope I'm wrong thou, for your sake ....

ImageSamImage ..... *thumb*
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:57 am

Good points Jared ..... I agree .... there seems to be more to it than Z's initial post.

As for the Tow Truck .... this happened to me when I was a Timid 2nd year Apprentice in 1974.

I was walking up my street to the Bus Stop at 5:40am on my way to work.
My older mate Con, who was still sleeping, lived at the end of the street.
His Car Crazy Wog Dad (hehe) owned a Brand New White GTR XU-1Torana (202 eng released in Feb 1972) which was parked outside on the street (we didn't have garages or driveways in most houses then)

I saw this Big Ugly Scary Tow Truck Driver was parked directly in front of my mates Dad's Torana and was hooking it up for a tow.

I paused, watched for a moment and got-up enough courage to ask .... "Hey ...what the hell do you think your doing bud".

He walked straight over at me, starred me down, up front & really close in my face, and with Sweat running down the Smelly Bastard & a Horribly Angry Voice ....
Said: F-Off you little Prick .... I'm picking up the Owners Car & Delivering it to Suttons because it's a Brand New Car that wont start and the owner has requested it be pick-up at the Dealers expense.

Well .... I literally Crapped Myself and Took-Off before the he could say or carry-out his physical intentions upon me ..... Lucky I could run much faster than the Big Ugly Prick.

Anyway .... I caught the Bus & went to work.
That same evening around 6pm, my mate Con comes over to my place and says "Dad's New Torana was stolen last night ......
HaHa .... I said ... yer right ... piss-off .... I know its at Suttons, because it wouldn't start.

WTF said my mate Con .... I'm serious ....
I explained what had happened early that morning .... he told & I spoke to his dad about the Tow Truck Driver ....

That 1974 GTR XU-1 Torana has never been seen since.

Sam ..... *thumb*

Seal Cub
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Seal Cub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 am

Sam, thanks for providing the info. I was curious as to what they'd want to do with the car.

As for the story, all I know was that the car was gone and my gate was half opened (not in the usual way as a family member would open it). I don't think there would have been a tow truck involved as someone was actually inside the house and would have heard it.

I still have both sets of keys from the previous owner and there was no sign of forced entry.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 am

Z aka Seal Club wrote:I still have both sets of keys from the previous owner and there was no sign of forced entry.

How could you possibly know there were "No Signs of Forced Entry" if the Car was Gone when you arrived home after the movies.

The Car wasn't there for you to see anything ..... I don't get it .... *doh*
Unless your referring to No Broken Glass on the ground .... surly someone would of heard or noticed something during the theft.

As for the Keys ..... "Yes" .... change them at Mitsu if you get the car back ....

Sam ..... *thumb*

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Sam, if im not mistaken i think he meant into his own home... thats how i understood it.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:57 pm

@ Justin
Oh Damn ... *doh* your making me think I'm going *crazy*

I still think he's referring to the Lancer not the house .... because he refers to still have both sets of keys from the previous owner.

Those are Car Keys ..... correct.

Why would the previous Car Owner have the keys (that Z is referring to ) to Z's house.... *noidea*

The only reference Z makes to the house is that someone (a family member I figure) was inside it.

I think I'm still Sane .... I think .... :?
Sam ..... *thumb*

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 pm

You could be right, just how i understood it. I'm probably going to go crazy soon enough with all this work argh..

Hope you get some news soon!

Return to “New South Wales”