***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Jacqueline, that's a lot of cars!!! haha!!

Hopefully your CJ last far longer with you than any of those other 24 cars :)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:26 pm

I keep my own cars for a long time Karl. I got my 929 Coupe in 1984 and traded it in 1997. I got a Bubble then and we still have it. My daughter drives it. I must admit I only had my Mini K for 3 years. We're looking at keeping the SX for at least 10 years. If I let her go at all. The Bubble is never getting sold. She's a part of the family :)

The 24 were the cars we've leased from hubbies work. It will be 25 and 26 soon. He's changing jobs and we will have a GE6 Turbo for a little while until he works out what he wants because the Ford is due for changeover. We've gone SUV for the last 4 or 5. Craptivas and Territories. We've got a Craptiva at the moment. God only knows what's next :)

So far we've had Bluebirds, Pintaras, Magnas, every Commodore from the VN to the VZ (usually Series 1 and 2), Falcons, Fairmonts, Fairlaines, Berlinas, a Prado, Avalons, Territories and Craptivas. I don't think I've missed any. Maybe I have. There seems to be something missing........

Sherm
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sherm » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 am

Just got mine a month ago, and can only find a few minor things so far:

Boot (or something back there) rattles with med/heavy bass
Road noise

But these are to be expected, I did know these points when I bought it. The benefits far outweigh the few small issues I have with it (and would be able to fix with some time and effort).

A point I have found with the window sill being too high for comfortably resting an arm on when driving: I initially had this problem, but it really depends on the seat height (seems fairly obvious once I thought about it).

Being 6ft, I had two options: seat high enough to sit my arm on the window sill, or (my current option) lower and resting my arm on the door handle ledge/sill/whatever you call it - inside the door. Being somewhat prone to sunburn, this is a better option for me :-)

Caseyleez
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Caseyleez » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 am

I didn't like not having a middle armrest, as I have the es it doesn't come with one, but I changed that yesterday got one from wreckers for $125 like new, now can rest easy... Paddle shifters next...

narji
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby narji » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:58 pm

I dont like the fact, that my aspire came with elements for the heated seats, however they arent connected to anything, and its a real B**** to find the switch, cables, and any info :(

drutt7
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby drutt7 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Cheap interior. my mum previously had my CJ lancer, and the interior is scratched badly near the door handle -_-
and the fact it's not a dirty 6 cyclinder :oops: but still it's good haha.

but the pro's outweigh the cons

MRWOLF
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby MRWOLF » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Alot of people say automatic window up... And people say it should be standard... However I learnt something today...

On certain types of BMW X5 they don't have auto window up function... It depends what type of X5 you buy Determines if you get the function
Mine's quicker then yours!!!

Range Rover Sport 2014-
2013 WRX: 2013-
2009 Lancer: 2010-2013
2003 Astra: 2008-2010

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:27 pm

how c-rap the servive is, not happy at all with the servicing, the service staff, the customer service staff, the admin etc

put me off mitsubishi

timmo91
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby timmo91 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:04 am

My sun visor driver side keeps falling down argh so anoying. Will get Mitsubishi to look at it on the next service though. Other than that nothing at all really :D

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:06 am

BR14AN wrote:how c-rap the servive is, not happy at all with the servicing, the service staff, the customer service staff, the admin etc put me off mitsubishi

Yeah i agree, i got charged $60 for a wheel rotation that never happened :(
2010 Lancer Es - My Ride
Wanna be customiser!!
ACT Rep 2012
CJLancerInstalls - How-To's!

T-All3NT
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby T-All3NT » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am

My sun visor driver side keeps falling down argh so anoying. Will get Mitsubishi to look at it on the next service though. Other than that nothing at all really

that happened with my passenger and i just tightened the screws and it was all good

timmo91
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby timmo91 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 am

T-All3NT wrote:[quote:c29ea8930c]My sun visor driver side keeps falling down argh so anoying. Will get Mitsubishi to look at it on the next service though. Other than that nothing at all really [/quote:c29ea8930c] that happened with my passenger and i just tightened the screws and it was all good
Ah right, cheers man :D

acejay17
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby acejay17 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:52 am

Reversing buzzer :( *beeep beeeeep beeeeeeeeeeep*

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:59 am

Dirtee wrote:[quote:734923136f=BR14AN]how c-rap the servive is, not happy at all with the servicing, the service staff, the customer service staff, the admin etc put me off mitsubishi[/quote:734923136f] Yeah i agree, i got charged $60 for a wheel rotation that never happened :(

They are all the same.. Doesn't matter what brand of car!!

There are plenty of Mitsu dealers in Sydney, vote with your feet :)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:23 am

BR14AN wrote:how c-rap the servive is, not happy at all with the servicing, the service staff, the customer service staff, the admin etc put me off mitsubishi

I'm lucky then. The dealer I bought mine off is wonderful when it comes to Customer service and the service staff are excellent. I got mine serviced the other day. And I got a call from some very nice sounding guy from Mitsubishi in Adelaide asking if they could send me a survey on Thursday.

And the guy I actually bought it off was ringing once a week to make sure everything was wonderful when I first got it and made sure he sent my mats over because they weren't there when I got my car and I live 80km away from the dealer. The service manager even gave me some great polish the service before because he thought I'd like it.

Return to “General Talk”