***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ACT P-off Course

Local ACT State News, Meets, Cruises, Events, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

T-All3NT
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

ACT P-off Course

Postby T-All3NT » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:33 pm

I know right now I'm the only ACT p plater, but I figured that eventually there will be more eventually.

So you got to fill out a 3 day log of driving infringement or courteous behaviour you see on the road, or make a poster. You give it in and they check it off. You then go though group activities that are suppose to teach you to be better drivers. The activities are like a check list and you rate your bad habits, guess statistics, complete a maze twice; once without and one with distractions. You watch those old, true story crash ads and you get your certificate and go home. But you only get the benefits of the extra points and no plates after 48hrs and you need to go to the shopfront and you get sticker.

Personally I think that there is no point in doing the course unless you have lost points, sick of cops following you for blocks or your plates keep getting stolen. Because you don't need to do this course and its $80 that can be spent else where and it is a 3hrs of your time

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Haha, yeah I wouldn't be bothering. Course I'm old and we didn't have P plates when I got my licence.

Standing rule for most car club cruises is you pace off the slowest car. (that's the rule I'll be using for ACT cruises anyway) Will that mean we have to stop a little more often to let people catch up? Most likely yes. Do I mind stopping or driving slightly under the limit? Certainly not.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

timmo91
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby timmo91 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:29 pm

scraverX wrote:Haha, yeah I wouldnt be bothering. Course Im old and we didnt have P plates when I got my licence. Standing rule for most car club cruises is you pace off the slowest car. (thats the rule Ill be using for ACT cruises anyway) Will that mean we have to stop a little more often to let people catch up? Most likely yes. Do I mind stopping or driving slightly under the limit? Certainly not.

I agree Rick, that's a good idea. Wish I could do the P off course, damn living just over the boarder lol.. ohwell :)

T-All3NT
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby T-All3NT » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 pm

haha fair enough my parents were paying so I did it for the extra points for a safety net incase I eventually get caught lol.
btw do we have a cruise planned cause there was talk of one here http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=10194 ... highlight=
but nothing else about it

T-All3NT
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby T-All3NT » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 pm

haha fair enough my parents were paying so I did it for the extra points for a safety net incase I eventually get caught lol.
btw do we have a cruise planned cause there was talk of one here http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=10194 ... highlight=
but nothing else about it

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 pm

With regard to cruises, I'm still doing some thinking and planning. I'd like to do a coast run to be honest it's just down to the time.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125

Car & Home audio nut.

Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS

Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Dirtee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Dirtee » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:56 pm

scraverX wrote:With regard to cruises, Im still doing some thinking and planning. Id like to do a coast run to be honest its just down to the time.

I agree, finding a day when everyone is available is the hardest :(

Return to “Australian Capital Territory”