***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 am

The main issue with the space saver is you will be making you differential work when driving in a straight line with the space saver on the front.

If you have a flat on the front you:
1. loosen rear nuts
2. jack the rear of the car
3. remove rear tyre
4. fit space saver
5. remove jack
6. tighten rear nuts and loosen the front nuts
7 jack the front of the car
8. remove the flat tyre on the front and fit rear tyre.
9. remove the jack
10. tighten front wheel nuts

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 am

Well you replace one of the inflated rear tyres with the space saver, then replace the flat front with the inflated rear wheel.

This is just a process that comes with having a space saver. Yes people complain about getting a space saver but really dont see the problem how many times on average do you need your spare? I personally have done well over 150,000kms in the 7 years since I have had my license and used a spare tyre once.

Yes if you happen to get a flat 200kms from town it may be a pain but that happens.

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Wrapped the hood in the morning then fitted it in the arvo. center vent isn't wrapped all that well but its gonna get re done later in cf!! along with most of the hood!

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Chubb wrote:Well you replace one of the inflated rear tyres with the space saver, then replace the flat front with the inflated rear wheel. This is just a process that comes with having a space saver. Yes people complain about getting a space saver but really dont see the problem how many times on average do you need your spare? I personally have done well over 150,000kms in the 7 years since I have had my license and used a spare tyre once. Yes if you happen to get a flat 200kms from town it may be a pain but that happens.

Touch wood i have never had a flat in all my years of driving so i guess i been lucky so far.
Should be compulsory for ALL car manufactures to produce a FULL size spare,i cant believe car manufactures are resorting to space savers for what purpose?? Save space??? :shock:
This never happened years ago,why now???

Twellsy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Twellsy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Added mesh to the front of my car today , didn't turn out the way I had pictured it in my mind. Going to change it again , make it a red out instead of the black out ( black car no point )

[img]http://www.clubcj.net/img/images/20120113184440_IMG_0705[1].jpg[/img]

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Nick07 wrote:Purchased 4 Kuhmo KU31s 215/50/17 - Thoroughly impressed. Highly recommended. Had it done at K-mart and received free rotation and balancing at every 10,000km up until 50,000km.

Good choice i have the same tyres in 18's,great tyre and safe in wet weather.

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Man your car looks awesome Glenn! That bonnet really makes it look like a ralliart/Evo. All you need now are some custom plates!

craigeth
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby craigeth » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 pm

So not so much just today, but I've done a fair few things this past week which I'm happy with.

1. Installed an iPhone holder that suctions to the windscreen. So awesome having my iPhone right there in front of me so I can see who's calling me, and very easily find phone numbers without having to actually hold it in my hand. I have it installed just under the sun visor and over to the right so it doesn't block my vision.

2. Gave her a nice big clean. Spent about 3 hours doing a two bucket wash, cleaning the wheels, and vacuuming and cleaning out everything inside. Feels so nice now. Although, driving home from work that night I got splattered with a thousand bugs again. Damn rural roads.

3. Went and grabbed some extra speaker wire today so that I can install my LED DRLS. The cables that it comes with are just a bit too short. Thank you JayCar!

4. While at JayCar today, I grabbed a couple of LED bulbs to replace my license plate lights. Looks so much nicer now than the plain orange colour.

5. My Spirit of Competition badge finally turned up in the mail the other day. Now, I originally thought I was going to debadge the Activ emblem and put the SoC badge there. But since getting it and seeing it in my hands, I've decided I'm going to put it on the front grill, where a Ralliart badge would normally go.

The other piece of aluminum next to the badge, is a little off cut i managed to get from a local place called Norweld. Obviously I don't really trust the double sided tape on the back of the SoC badge to stick to the grill, so what I'm going to do is bolt on the other piece of aluminum to the grill, then stick the badge to that.

I haven't seen anyone else do this on their lancers yet, so it's kind of original. I may get another SoC badge later on to put on the back, or I may just put an SoC sticker on the back like Glenos.

Anyway, bit of a long post. Haha. I'll post up some pics of the DRLs when I install them next week.

P.S. Just purchase premium membership. Chyeah! Decals soon!
Twenty Three Frames - Photography and Video Production
www.twentythreeframes.com

timmo91
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby timmo91 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Dirtee_ (Tim) and I painted our engine covers today. They look pretty awesome. I will put up a better shot of mine in my garage soon. I also debadged mine, looks way better :D

craigeth
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby craigeth » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Looks awesome guys!

timmo91
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby timmo91 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks Craig! It was very tedious work, but so worth it in the end.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:19 pm

X-Factor window visors and fog light surrounds are on!

I'll have to watch them as I've just used their tape.

(also, those clips on the visors were giving me the s***'s so I didn't use them, they seem pretty pointless anyway).
Plugs left in so the visors don't have holes in them of course :P

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:37 pm

@craigeth, what are led bulbs you used for the number plate ? Looks great.

craigeth
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby craigeth » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:14 pm

I actually just walked in to JayCar with the OEM bulb and said "gimme some LED ones of these. they're for number plate lights" and two seconds and $2 later i had em.

i <3 jaycar.

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Nice!!! I will have to try that out then!!

Return to “General Talk”