***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

New Car ~ Bye bye lancer.

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Usif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

New Car ~ Bye bye lancer.

Postby Usif » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Hey everyone, I know I don't post often; I did attend a meeting or two, but just been busy with uni and such . .

Well to the point, I ended up selling my VR Lancer Sportback =(

Main reason was I was getting overcharged for servicing, ( & sadly wanted to do it by the books this time, dealership & all ) and that the fact we needed another family car since sister got her P's and well. . You know the story, the world is their oyster when they get their license. . . They just need the car 24/8 for no apparent reason. . I went through it; she will too... Hopefully It won't last long lol.

New car is a Subaru Impreza, (Limited? Don't really know. . It says on paper It's a G3; That's it) It was one of those limited time things, Bucket seats, leather interior, bluetooth , usb & aux. . 26,500$ ~ Inc. stamp duty and all; So I was happy, so was mum & dad. . AWD was a + also haha.

Here are some pictures.

I'll get some more up when I get tints on it next week. . . Also To get the parker lights / rear license plate lights. . . You need the hand's of Japanese school girl, also her wrists. FML.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:06 pm

You could've... Like... Got the service somewhere else? Or not at the dealership, because it shouldn't matter unless you find some dodgy place...

A lot of people here consider AWD to be a minus on non-performance/off road cars...

I'm a little confused because you basically got the equivalent car to what you had already, not even a newer generation :?

But ok... You must've had a reason in there somewhere :P

Usif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Usif » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Dire wrote:You couldve... Like... Got the service somewhere else? Or not at the dealership, because it shouldnt matter unless you find some dodgy place... A lot of people here consider AWD to be a minus on non-performance/off road cars... Im a little confused because you basically got the equivalent car to what you had already, not even a newer generation :? But ok... You mustve had a reason in there somewhere :P

Don't get me wrong Jake... I LOVED my Sportback; too bits. . . But family *shrugs* Family first... I experienced a new car; and now another... Now I want a turbo... 8-)

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm

So you had to get rid of the lancer for an impreza... Which is the same size? Still confused :P

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:18 pm

From what I understood from the 1st post,

Family needed another car, hence the Impreza? So the Lancer went to the sister?
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

Usif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Usif » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:56 pm

RyanMK wrote:From what I understood from the 1st post, Family needed another car, hence the Impreza? So the Lancer went to the sister?

Lancer traded in; & sorry, forgot to mention, my Lancer was manual. . . No one could drive manual in my family.. Which is main reason I bought it lol.

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:57 pm

I think that is what he meant.

How is the Impreza? Most of my friends didn't like it as they found it more plastic and slower + less gadgets. Also the servicing is 3x as much as a Lancer!!!!
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Usif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Usif » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:08 pm

milobob wrote:I think that is what he meant. How is the Impreza? Most of my friends didnt like it as they found it more plastic and slower + less gadgets. Also the servicing is 3x as much as a Lancer!!!!

I got to say; I do enjoy the AWD ~ The way I take corners, It helped.. ALOT. And each to their own with their driving abilities and their comforts. . . I just wanted to try everything to know what suits me. . . Plastic ~ Yes... But no more than the lancer...

As for noticeable features missing - Rear cup-holders & ash tray. . . That's about it . . If anything I have the benefit of usb/bluetooth and service cap at 200-250$ thankgod. . Forgot what it was, in between that, Just really enjoying the bucket seats in leather haha.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:15 pm

A new Impreza is coming out in a couple of months. I guess the current model is cheaper than before at runout prices, but the new one brings with it a fair amount of changes.
In my case, I need an auto, and I know Subaru's conventional autos are pretty shocking. The new one should run off a CVT though, so it's comparable to the Lancer.

Usif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Usif » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:14 pm

dannyboi wrote:A new Impreza is coming out in a couple of months. I guess the current model is cheaper than before at runout prices, but the new one brings with it a fair amount of changes. In my case, I need an auto, and I know Subarus conventional autos are pretty shocking. The new one should run off a CVT though, so its comparable to the Lancer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIt1GBhz ... r_embedded

Holy hell they are ugly. . . 0,0.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:25 pm

I would've just shouted the family for manual driving lessons =P
I actually did think imprezas were nicer on the inside but I wasn't paying extra for AWD... That was a while ago now though :lol:

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:58 am

I think the new one looks alot btr than the current one.... Current one's design seems to be goin all over the place but the new one seems to have a flowing design albeit it just looks like a mini liberty which is a bit stupid tho... then again almost all the carmakers seem to be doin that like BMW with the 3 5 and 7 series having identical designs except for the length of the car and audi as well....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:36 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Usif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Usif » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:54 am

Rah; True mate, at the end of the day I bought it to please my parents aswell, I plan on buying a Jeep sooner or later.. & A car is a car.. That's just how it is, Pros & Cons to all. . .

Seb ~ Slightly dramatic LOL. . . I miss my lancer though =( The tint's mainly lol.

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:03 am

Yeh! lol sorry! but i just found it funny!
Enjoy your Subaru!

Return to “General Talk”