Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Used to sell them, now I bought one!

Postby debonaire » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Hey all,

My name is Vaughan and today picked up my new Ralliart, a white sportback :D

I'm 25, live in Chermside, Brisbane, but originally from Bonnet Bay, Sydney. I'm a physicist at the PA hospital, but when I first moved to Brisbane for my partner's job, I sold Mitsubishis for Eagers until the right job came up. I hope my knowledge of Mitsubishis and the car buying process will come to be useful here on the forums :) If anyone in Brisbane is considering a purchase, I'd be more than happy to introduce you to the Sales Manager as a friend.

I'm obsessive about cars and motorsport (particularly V8 Supercars). My previous car was an R32 GTS-t and I'm stoked to get into something more modern with all the latest tech. I've been lurking here for the last few months, and these forums seem like a nice new home. It's no Skylines Australia :P , but sites like that don't happen overnight!

I look forward to being an active member both online and in the real world, and enjoy cruises and also car photography. Having said that, if you have any form of aftermarket lighting, think that a product bought at Repco can be classified as a 'mod', or consider How-To threads on how to change a battery an appropriate use of webspace.... let's not be friends. I'm a performance enthusiast, not into playing arts and craft with my car.

Dunno how these intro posts normally go, but I feel like I've been writing a cross between a job application and a personals ad, so I think I'll leave it there.... See you round!

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Hey Vaughan, welcome to club CJ!

DIY DRLs not your thing then I presume?

Ali.

Tim-Tech
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Tim-Tech » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 pm

welcome to the club, no doubt you'll fit right in!
(cj-grey) Awesomeness Augmented

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Welcome to the club Vaughan.

There are some members on here who are very serious about modding their cars in all aspects.

But on a whole like any car club we have a lot of want a bees. We do not discriminate though. Some times we just have to show a lot of patients. Many of our members have never owned a car before and do not have family or friends who can help with mods. So they come here to a friendly forum for help and advice. We encourage this.

Your RA is a serious car to mod. It has so much potential. Please check out the garage for ideas. Billyboy should give you plenty of inspiration.

If you need any help please just ask. I can help you changing a light globe if you need it. :razz:

With your modding experience and knowledge around a car forum please help us in any way you think we need it.

Cheers Troy

PS You may get an interview after I look at your resume. :lol:

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Haha thanks Troy!

Yeah Billyboy's car looks fantastic! Unfortunately I'm forbidden from modding at least for the time being :( I'd planned on some wider tyres, tune and exhaust (with the quad tips like Billyboy - I was originally thinking of getting a Tuned by STi Liberty and fell in love with them!) but maxxed out the budget on the car :(

I hope my first post wasn't misinterpreted, I firmly believe people should personalise their cars based on their own tastes and not based on what they think will impress someone else. I think that anything you do to your car whether its an ES or Evo should be for your own enjoyment and things that you would do if you were the last person on Earth with no one else to see. For me, I find fad modifications a bit tacky, but as long as the owner is happy then good on em!

It was not too long ago I had a little Civic coupe with rims and exhaust, we all have to start somewhere and if you've got yourself a CJ lancer, you're on to a good thing!

evolx08
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby evolx08 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:24 pm

welcome, nice choice on the color :P

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Welcome fellow RA owner :) I trust you will love yours as much as we love ours!

We're doing a mini photo shoot on Sat night (meeting at Cannon Hill Makka's at 7) and there's a cruise coming up on the 30th.

Will be our first CCJ cruise so looking forward to meeting everyone!
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Welcome....another RA sportback finally... and dont worry about Aspire....hes from SA...lol
Last edited by evil.ralliart on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:11 pm

@Evil, we would have gotten the SB but I couldn't see out the back window and had to get used to seeing the spoiler on the sedan :p (last car was a XT Forester)
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 am

Welcome Vaughn

Corzza2
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Corzza2 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:25 am

Nice one mate!
The Fleet

2009 FPV F6
2012 Volvo S60 R-Design Polestar
2008 Lancer VR - SOLD

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:15 am

welcome vaughn, time to tune that beast :)

heres a link to the aforementioned cruise, http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=9316 all types of cj`s will be cruising including plenty of RA`s.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:14 am

Welcome Vaughn.

An ex-shire resident aye :P how long you been in Brisbane for?

chris851
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby chris851 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:16 am

Welcome to the club mate!

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”