***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Dusk Sensing Headlight

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:25 pm

I must check to see if the sensor is indeed on the dash, can't say I have noticed a sensor there. I guess cover the windscreen sensor and if the lights go on then you will know. Anyhow the auto lights and wipers are great, no
Need to touch the switches unless I put the fog lamps on during foggy conditions of course. Not that the fog lamps really do much. Having the headlamps come on when I drive in a carpark or tunnel is a great safety thing to have and I feel all makes and models should have the auto lights as a standard feature. I wouldn't be suprised sometime down the track where all cars will have DRL'S fitted as a standard feature as well

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:29 pm

i cant stand DRLs, worst idea ever IMHO

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:43 pm

I asked a previous member on here before,

He said the light and rain sensors were in the part behind the mirror.

The sensor in the dash is a sunlight sensor. When you drive your car into a tunnel/at night even in the base models, you will notice that the SPEEDO lights will come on (regardless or whether your lights are off). However in the day the lighting is off.

This is my understanding of the sensors. The auto-light sensor is in the rain sensor - and it can sense ahead of the car? Reason why the lights don't come on in short but dark tunnels.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 am

Yeah the angle of the sensor is pointing towards the sky more so in a short tunnel the sensor is still seeing light. The camrys are ultra sensitive. There lights will come on even going under a underpass that maybe 10 meters in length. I don't take much notice about the sensor now long as the lights are on when it's dark that's the main priority

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:12 am

Just done a quick test and sensor is the same as the auto wipers. The big box between the windscreen and the mirror.

Covered the dash with a towl and lights didn't come on. Cover the sensor on the windscreen and the lights came on

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:43 am

You beat me to it lol, was going to try that this morning. As for the DRL'S yeah I was tempted to buy those led lights you can buy at the markets,and stick them above or below the headlight, but thought twice about it now and decided not to go thru with it .

klvru
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby klvru » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:39 pm

thanks guys for all the useful inputs! Really appreciate it.

@Ben, is it ok for you to take a picture for me? Is it stuck onto the windscreen or? Would definitely love to get these dusk sensing light and a relay for locking/unlocking :P

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Relay for locking unlocking?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

klvru
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby klvru » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:12 pm

ofey wrote:Relay for locking unlocking?

Ops sorry. What I meant was http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7455& ... y&start=30

Return to “Lighting”