***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Front Headlight reccomendation

HID's, Bulb's + LED Interior and Exterior Illumination.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sunilm
INACTIVE Member Account

Front Headlight reccomendation

Postby sunilm » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey guys, can you recommend a set of headlights bulbs for me to change to. Basically i dont want HID's, i want white light (i.e. i want there to be a significant difference from the OEM's) without sacrificing visibility and I want it to last at least a year or two.

Ive gone through the forums a fair bit and was looking at PIAA or Narva's. Where would be a good place to buy them in Australia? budget wise I'm looking at spending no more than $150 for all of high, lows and parkers

Cheers

lamn8tr
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby lamn8tr » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:42 pm

I goo have crystal vision from Phillips and very bright white light. Very happy with them and gave me the look I was after. Also put in crystal vision Parkers too to cap it off.....looks sweet :)

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 pm

I ordered some of the smd led lights for my fogs off ebay and even though the listing was for H11 sure enough they came as HB4, knew the price was too good to be true, so I tired them out as my lowbeam and wow did they look good. Then it got dark...
But I also ordered a set of the crystal visions at the same time and ya as above, very happy with them, bright white look compared to the stock yellowish and most importantly they work in the dark.

sunilm
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sunilm » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks for that guys. The one issue i noticed on the forums is that a couple of people have mentioned that the crystal visions dont last more that a year. Are these one off cases or more likely to occur. Also can you guys recommend any other vendors apart from Ebay to purchase them from cheap.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:52 am

Nothing looks white after you've had HIDs though ... it ruins normal bulbs forever :)
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

sunilm
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sunilm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:24 pm

lol...tim.... yeah i know what you mean, but i want to keep my ride legit, and i dont want to fork out heaps of cash, im already broke paying it off...

Dean
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dean » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 am

bez3rk wrote:i have just put phillips crystal vision 4300k in my car they are bright white

Me too, picked a set up from Autobarn for about $50. Have had them since last year with no issues. I also purchased some 5000K parkers, they actually contrast very nicely with the 4300K headlights, with no noticeable difference in colour.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:31 am

The whiter halogen bulbs don't last as long because they have to provide more output to get around the colour filter. That said, I think they can last more than 1 year though, as long as you install them properly.

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am

Crystal Vision gives the best of both worlds - white, yet bright enough. If you want something with more light output - Blue Visions will be better and will last longer, though they are rated at 4000k. A very slight tinge of yellow.

I've ran all the bulbs before - and have settled on blue Visions as I mainly do country driving so I require the extra light output. That said I should have gone xtreme power :P.

You can see the difference between the SMD parkers and bluevisions I have if you look closely enough. From far they look the same - whitish colour.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:47 am

I forgot to mention I've had mine for almost a year now, and I do at least about 6h worth of driving per week at night. So they've lasted >300h which is good.

I've got a feeling if I ran Crystal visions they would have been dead by now.

sunilm
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sunilm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:29 pm

im in a bit of a dilemma now lol

Dean wrote:[quote:e03effa647=bez3rk]i have just put phillips crystal vision 4300k in my car they are bright white[/quote:e03effa647] Me too, picked a set up from Autobarn for about $50. Have had them since last year with no issues. I also purchased some 5000K parkers, they actually contrast very nicely with the 4300K headlights, with no noticeable difference in colour.

How in the world did you get $50 crystal visions from Autobarn, my local Autobarn is charging $150 a pair, am i getting ripped of?

milobob wrote:Crystal Vision gives the best of both worlds - white, yet bright enough. If you want something with more light output - Blue Visions will be better and will last longer, though they are rated at 4000k. A very slight tinge of yellow. Ive ran all the bulbs before - and have settled on blue Visions as I mainly do country driving so I require the extra light output. That said I should have gone xtreme power :P. You can see the difference between the SMD parkers and bluevisions I have if you look closely enough. From far they look the same - whitish colour.

The thing is im purely putting it on for looks wise. The blue visions im leaning to, because you mentioned that they last quite long and that its legit, whereas the crystals aren't and are a lot more expensive. However having said that, overall can you confirm if when someone looks at the my lights, its looks like its clearly white light, or is it still closer to stocks. Also can you point me in the direction of where i can obtain the SMD parkers you mentioned?

Overall thanks for your input guys, im sure many new members such as myself will thrive on the info..

sunilm
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sunilm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Also i do 95% of my driving in the city

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:51 pm

ebay.

MRWOLF
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby MRWOLF » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:37 am

I just bought Artic Blue Lights from Burson Auto Parts. Set me back round 40 bucks. IT looks really good and my brother got me led Parker lights. From inside the car you can notice low beams a hell lot whiter (havn't seen it from far distance it)

My idea is blue parker low beam and foglights and havin bright white high beams)
Mine's quicker then yours!!!

Range Rover Sport 2014-
2013 WRX: 2013-
2009 Lancer: 2010-2013
2003 Astra: 2008-2010

Return to “Lighting”