***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:47 pm

I am sorry but there is no way you can make up the 160kw difference no matter how you drive it the numbers do not add up.

2L VS 6L
4cyc VS 8cyc
113kw VS 280kw
198nm VS 530nm
1380kg VS 1800kg

so the 6L SS is 400kg heavier with 2.5 times the power the about 2.5 times the torque, numbers say no I am sorry they must not have been trying.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Then there are a hell of a lot of really bad drivers in really powerful and performance cars because I leave a hell of a lot of them for dead and they do try. At the next traffic lights they try again and still eat my dust.

The last thing that beat me was a Porsche in Sydney and I had just beaten it at one lights and wasn't thinking about it beside me and it just took off. I was distracted by something else at the time.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Chubb wrote:I am sorry but there is no way you can make up the 160kw difference no matter how you drive it the numbers do not add up. 2L VS 6L 4cyc VS 8cyc 113kw VS 280kw 198nm VS 530nm 1380kg VS 1800kg so the 6L SS is 400kg heavier with 2.5 times the power the about 2.5 times the torque, numbers say no I am sorry they must not have been trying.

Oh yes they were. Why don't people ever believe me?

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Are you sure it was an SS?

steve83
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby steve83 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Maybe it was just a loud exhaust, giving the impression that they were trying?

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Chubb wrote:I am sorry but there is no way you can make up the 160kw difference no matter how you drive it the numbers do not add up. 2L VS 6L 4cyc VS 8cyc 113kw VS 280kw 198nm VS 530nm 1380kg VS 1800kg so the 6L SS is 400kg heavier with 2.5 times the power the about 2.5 times the torque, numbers say no I am sorry they must not have been trying.

This.

There is absolutely no way that you could have truly beaten it in a race..
Auto's don't start pulling hard until they reach around 50-60kmph anyway.. As much as you would like to think that you won, they weren't trying.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Hey Nathan .... we should start a new thread:...

CCJ's "Believe It or Not"....... :roll:

Sam ..... *thumb*
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

shaine
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby shaine » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:05 pm

SXLancerMum wrote:Then there are a hell of a lot of really bad drivers in really powerful and performance cars because I leave a hell of a lot of them for dead and they do try. At the next traffic lights they try again and still eat my dust. The last thing that beat me was a Porsche in Sydney and I had just beaten it at one lights and wasnt thinking about it beside me and it just took off. I was distracted by something else at the time.

A Porsche? Now ive heard it all...
ENJOY!! (cj-black)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:08 pm

this was interesting... .

There's no reason for Jacqueline to lie about this.
Who makes up stories like these??

Don't get worked up Jacqueline, specs wise the Holden would have blown any NA Lancer off the line but it didn't. No matter about the driver. You could have put Vettel behind the wheel of the SX and say Nathan behind the wheel of the Commodore, Nathan would have won every time... .

However, reaction time and ability to shift may well have won the day for for you!! You must understand the doubting Thomas's on reading what you reported.

I on the other hand say Kudos to you! Well done!!

With reaction time and natural driving ability like yours you may well be Australia's next great hope.
Webber suxs so badly this year it isn't funny.

To your doubters, don't forget in Initial D, you can use an AE86 to beat even an Evo of the day!

I hope the Holden driver went back and reported himself beaten by a SX. Would be good if we could see his shock reported on a forum somewhere... .

Perhaps then, HSVs might fear my Merlin tuned Olympic Edition!? But then again, I can't shift my CVT all that well.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:36 pm

ofey wrote: To your doubters, dont forget in Initial D, you can use an AE86 to beat even an Evo of the day!

And in Pokemon, a 10 year old leaves school to battle with animals..

O.T I bought springs for my CJ. Will be dropped soon :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:44 pm

jerryme wrote: And in Pokemon, a 10 year old leaves school to battle with animals..

And as I pointed out, in Jacqueline's SX, Vettel will have every chance of beating our Chubb in a V6.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:46 pm

ofey wrote: And in Pokemon, a 10 year old leaves school to battle with animals.. And as I pointed out, in Jacquelines SX, Vettel will have every chance of beating our Chubb in a V6.

I keep my racing off the streets and on the track ;)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 pm

[quote="jerryme"][quote:c7b5c4a71f=ofey] And in Pokemon, a 10 year old leaves school to battle with animals.. And as I pointed out, in Jacquelines SX, Vettel will have every chance of beating our Chubb in a V6.[/quote:c7b5c4a71f]

Let me give you some indication where I was heading with my post... .

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 pm

jerryme wrote:[quote:519e4eaaf2=Chubb]I am sorry but there is no way you can make up the 160kw difference no matter how you drive it the numbers do not add up. 2L VS 6L 4cyc VS 8cyc 113kw VS 280kw 198nm VS 530nm 1380kg VS 1800kg so the 6L SS is 400kg heavier with 2.5 times the power the about 2.5 times the torque, numbers say no I am sorry they must not have been trying.[/quote:519e4eaaf2] This. There is absolutely no way that you could have truly beaten it in a race.. Autos dont start pulling hard until they reach around 50-60kmph anyway.. As much as you would like to think that you won, they werent trying.

It was a manual. I can tell the difference you know.

And yes it was an SS. My father was a panel beater and I've been around cars my whole life. I do know an SS from an S or a normal Commodore or one that has been made look like an SS.

And yes I did beat a Porsche.

I really don't give a rats if you believe me or not. It's actually normal for guys to say that there was no way that I could do it. And laugh at me while they're at it. I also used to guys getting the shits when they're eating my dust. It's really quite funny. My kids crack up every time at the looks on their faces.

Maybe you all think I'm lying and that it's impossible for an SX to beat an SS Commodore when they're trying but it was true.

I'm sure that they didn't tell their friends they were beaten by an SX. They probably said that it was an EVO :)

Return to “General Talk”