***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Re-installed my hood dampers and replaced the batteries in both remotes, only 1 was complaining but did both just because.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Fitted a: "Third Brake Light" - "Flasher Module".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3mM165k4uQ] Third Brake Light Flasher.[/youtube]

Here is the Flasher Module: $6US

Available from:Auto Illumination
Half way down the page.

Sam .... *thumb*
Last edited by SAM-24A on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

nixonx
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby nixonx » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Replaced my BOV with the Evo X metal one. (picked up for $90 second hand)

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Got a new muffler :D

Now I just need the rest...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc8HLLQ-N7A[/youtube]
Love that car!

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Good work Sam. At least you now know your brake lights work. :razz:

Now when are you going to fit you L A N C E R third brake light decal?

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Replaced Batteries in Both Keys, thanks to Pete and his How-to for reminding me to do it

QUICK EVO
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby QUICK EVO » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Finally bit the bullet today and installed the wideband O2 sensor that has been sitting in the garage for a while....The sensor I went for was the Innovate LC-1 with blue coloured gauge (AUD$250 from Ebay). The hardest part of the install was trying to figure out the path for the wiring, since the LC-1 doesn't come with very long wires. Other than that, quite a painless and simple install.

Car jacked up to place oxygen sensor in bung welded into downpipe (before the cat):

Mr Muffler Sumner Park did the weld for me. I had to bring it back once because the first weld they did was too small! The black sensor wire has been zip tied to the bottom plate to prevent it from ever touching the hot downpipe.

Notice that the sensor is mounted at the 9 o'clock position. This is to prevent condensation from damaging the sensor since water collects at the bottom of the pipe. Any position between 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock is recommended.

Pulled out a grommet to allow access to the interior through the firewall. I initially thought of doing it through the grommet under the driver's seat until I found the super convenient firewall grommet. I cut the grommet to allow the new sensor wire through, and then use silicone sealant (the white stuff) to reseal the hole.

Yes, yes, messy wiring, I know.... :- ) I used 2 piggybank fuses (red wires - $6.50 each from Jaycar), 1 for the sensor and 1 for the gauge. The sensor uses the cigarette lighter fuse while the gauge uses the 'accessory' fuse. Both are 12V. I soldered the connections together to make sure they didn't come lose. Note the 6 ground connections required....I grounded them to the bolt next to the fuse box.

Gauge is currently sitting on the dash with double-sided tape. Next week I'll be drilling a hole in the dash to pass the wire through and screwing the gauge pod to the dash permanently. I had to remove the dash on both driver and passenger side to pass the sensor wires through from the driver's side to the fuse box on the passenger's side.

She's alive!! Time for some tuning!

2008 Evo X (SOLD) - Now driving 2012 Lexus ISF

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Let the car have a rest.

We got back from Brisbane yesterday. We left on Saturday morning rather early and went to Scotts Head for the night and then kept coming yesterday. She's sitting in the carport at the moment.

Had some fun in Coffs. Sitting at the lights and there was a rather well done, very noisy SS Commodore sitting beside me full of young guys. My beautiful 2 litre Lancer got to 60km/hr a lot quicker than the 6 litre Dunnydor. And they were trying. They went speeding past me at above the speed limit but I don't race. I just get to the speed limit as fast as possible. I blew them a kiss as they flew past. It was in a spot I'd been done for 74 in a 60 zone before so I wasn't going over 60 :)

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 pm

SXLancerMum wrote: My beautiful 2 litre Lancer got to 60km/hr a lot quicker than the 6 litre Dunnydor. And they were trying.

Huh ?), were they towing a caravan??? there is no way a 2l NA lancer could drag off a 6l (the newest engine) commy, your talking 118kw vs 270kw.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 pm

If it were full of young (fat) guys, then she probably does.. i know my lancer gives my mates V6 S with mods a run for its money.

Striker82
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Striker82 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Finally got around to painting my brake calipers cant wait for new wheels and tyres

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:28 pm

JustinR wrote:If it were full of young (fat) guys, then she probably does.. i know my lancer gives my mates V6 S with mods a run for its money.

V6 S, yeah that I would believe they are around the 180ish kw mark. But we are talking 280kw mate that is alot of ponies from a very torquey v8, you could put a damn cow in the boot and it would still take off with a far amount of grunt

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Chubb wrote:[quote:5ecaf2c93d=SXLancerMum] My beautiful 2 litre Lancer got to 60km/hr a lot quicker than the 6 litre Dunnydor. And they were trying.[/quote:5ecaf2c93d] Huh ?), were they towing a caravan??? there is no way a 2l NA lancer could drag off a 6l (the newest engine) commy, your talking 118kw vs 270kw.

Nope mate. No caravan. There were 4 guys in it but not fat ones. I had my daughter and all of our luggage from the week in the boot.

I always go by the adage that it's not what you drive but how you drive it. I've blown them off in my 121 Bubble too. And I was never beaten in my 1970 Mini K 1100 as well. I'm just REALLY good off the mark :)

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Chubb wrote:[quote:fb9c6f4ec3=JustinR]If it were full of young (fat) guys, then she probably does.. i know my lancer gives my mates V6 S with mods a run for its money.[/quote:fb9c6f4ec3] V6 S, yeah that I would believe they are around the 180ish kw mark. But we are talking 280kw mate that is alot of ponies from a very torquey v8, you could put a damn cow in the boot and it would still take off with a far amount of grunt

On paper it does look like the Lancer would have been left for dead but it was them looking at my super sexy Lancer butt (well doors anyway). The end of their bonnet was sitting behind my shoulder and then I pulled it back when I hit 60 and they flew past me. Didn't want a speeding ticket.

You can say it couldn't have happened as much as you want mate but it did.

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:39 pm

lol

it comes down to the drivers for off the mark...
A good driver will get it off the line quick.. a bad driver will a) stall or b) wheel spin

Two good drivers the Commy would have blown the doors off the Lancer...

Obviously in this case Jacqueline being the good driver, got it away while the commy driver had to use his extra ponies to catch up! :)

Return to “General Talk”