***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

GReddy Informeter Touch

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

WASABI
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby WASABI » Wed May 12, 2010 12:29 pm

I'm guessing you're getting good functionality out of it?

I've got the same thing which I was running in my Liberty... Will use it in my X when I get it, just a little concerned that I may not get all the functions that I want (It does vary from car to car).

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed May 12, 2010 1:47 pm

I had to sell my old Apexi RSM with G Sensor from my Civic due to the Evo not being able to easily tap into all the signals from the ECU :(

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Sat May 15, 2010 1:16 am

Hey Jace, how's this unit going? Q= Does this unit have any anti-theft features? Ie, can you remove it from it's base and place it in the glove box like a sat-nav? Just seems like an obvious target for thieves...
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA
Whiteline/Ultra-Racing/Rexpeed/Autometer/Yokohama Racing/Cusco
...and some other stuff which the fun police don't approve of... :)

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat May 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Hecky wrote:Hey Jace, how's this unit going? Q= Does this unit have any anti-theft features? Ie, can you remove it from it's base and place it in the glove box like a sat-nav? Just seems like an obvious target for thieves...

I really like it still- I think I may have inspired Shane/Sean to consider one of these for their cars.

Anti theft wise it has hooks on the back which you can unclip from the stand but I personally can't figure out how to unclip it despite seeing it in videos... also not wanting to muck around just yet as the stand which is included uses double sided tape to mount and I want to ensure it sticks properly/thoroughly. Therefore my anti theft solution is a hat :) I used one to cover my Apexi RSM as well.

ANd yes I'm definitely sure it has a clip feature because you have to clip it on/off to install it onto the stand, and the videos on Youtube sometimes feature people unclipping it.

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Sat May 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Cool, still thinking this unit or analogue gauges (OEM style), though this looks really nice..... :D

Did you get the optional boost sensor/oil pressure add ons?

Finally, can you tell me who the ebay seller was that you bought this unit off? I can't seem to find it for less than $500+delivery (PM me if you want to)
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA

Whiteline/Ultra-Racing/Rexpeed/Autometer/Yokohama Racing/Cusco

...and some other stuff which the fun police don't approve of... :)

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun May 23, 2010 9:39 am

Hecky wrote:Cool, still thinking this unit or analogue gauges (OEM style), though this looks really nice..... :D

Did you get the optional boost sensor/oil pressure add ons?

Finally, can you tell me who the ebay seller was that you bought this unit off? I can't seem to find it for less than $500+delivery (PM me if you want to)

Sorry for delayed response- didn't realise you had asked a question here!

I didn't need optional boost sensor since it can read this from the OBDII port. That being said some users have reported more accurate readings by buying the optional sensor. I didn't purchase the oil pressure either as I was more interested in seeing intake pressure/temp and rpm (you can see it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wumRBaelKQk ).

As for the eBay seller- I purchased from xenonlv. His store is at http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/xenonlv__W0QQ_armrsZ1 and was very good at communicating with me. Note that I purchased a few weeks ago back when AUD/USD was >93c versus now where it just plummeted to 80c. Therefore expect at least a 10% price increase upon conversion back to AUD in Paypal.

Hope this helps!

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon May 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Kudos to Tenchi for awesome shot:

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Also added another video to Youtube of a sample alarm sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Os9d_ic8k8

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Thinking of getting one of these... having trouble locating a good Blitz supplier for the equivalent Blitz touch BRAIN... (prefer the smaller screen)

is the stand adjustable?

Does it have AFR readings?

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Yep stand is adjustable for angle, and you can change portrait or landscape orientation.

Out of the box it can't do AFRs- you'll need an additional sensor for that. It's not data which is available through the OBDII port.

If I had a bung for it, I would've gone for an aftermarket gauge though as opposed to the GReddy screen for something like AFRs. I really like having my boost gauge directly in front of me. The GReddy screen is more useful for monitoring other things such as temp for intake/water/etc, and digital speed readout.

On another note, it also helped me diagnose a rough idle issue because I couldn't tell the engine RPM very precisely from reading the tacho. This turned out to be due to my vacuum hose coming loose during/after a dyno run.

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:11 pm

trans temp avaliable through OBDII port?

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:30 pm

No transmission temp. You'll need your own sensor for that.

OBDII doesn't offer that much data.

Return to “Electrical”