***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:11 am

meaty wrote:i hate the fact i havent worked out how to do a simple high beam flash........... its either high beams on or off, is there something im missing ?

You have to not pull the stalk all the way in and let go quickly. It's very easy to turn on the high beams like that though.

Dad's old Camry has it as:
a) Pull towards you = flash
b) Push away from you = headlights on

I don't know why a similar system was not implemented.

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:13 am

well not really a way of flashing is it? more just pulling it just enough that the switch doesnt spring open

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 am

It does the same job. You just pull it slightly until there's some resistance and let go. Doing it twice should be enough for a flash.
Otherwise, I don't know if the manual suggests something else.

Dungogvolts
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dungogvolts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm

I can’t see out the back window and when it rains the rain does not run off. They need a wiper on the back window and gas struts on the bonnet for easier opening.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:19 pm

You can put gas struts in for the bonnet mate

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 pm

^^ Im gonna be doing that soon, make things so much easier

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm

I love the gas bonnet struts much nicer then that pole to hold the bonnet up

rayray
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby rayray » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I dont like how in the Lancers with the Auto Headlights function, the auto function comes before the parkers/low beam. Sometimes when it starts to get darkish, but you only want to turn on the parkers, the low beam turns on with the auto function and then you've got to turn it up one more notch to go parkers only (from the outside people might think why you're flashing them).

Other times, the opposite occurs, where you have the low beams on via the auto function and then it suddenly turns off as the ambient lighting gets lighter. You then have to turn it up 2 more notches to keep it on and once again, people might think you're flashing them.

I think it would have made more sense for them to put the auto function as the last function so for people who like to keep their headlights on via the auto function can just turn it to the last notch and not worry about it.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:02 pm

I do agree that the visibility out of the back window can get pretty shocking. It's particularly bad if it's at night, and there has been dust accumulating on the window due to it getting partially wet and drying up.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:07 pm

I have noticed all our windows are very high on our Lancers. Most cars I can rest my arm on the top of the door trim. But my lancer is to high.

I suspect it is for safety. Panels give more protection then glass.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:07 am

aspir3 wrote:I have noticed all our windows are very high on our Lancers. Most cars I can rest my arm on the top of the door trim. But my lancer is to high.

I suspect it is for safety. Panels give more protection then glass.

Hubby was whinging about that the other day. Especially when the seat is set up for me. He raises it up but I like it low. Last time he drove it (first time he drove it as well other than the day we bought it) he stopped at the beginning of the F3 to hand it back to me and I had to fiddle for ages to get it back to a decent spot. He was whinging about his butt dragging on the ground as well. Probably makes it feel moreso when the seat is down and the panels are so high. He has been driving SUVs for the last 5 or 6 years though. And you're actually sitting up pretty high in the 121 Bubble we own.

I reckon we need a wiper on the back. It's a pain.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:36 am

Fuel economy getting worse. Couldn't get under 7.5/100 on the freeway from taree on the weekend. Normally can
Easily get around 6.1-6.5 . Cvt

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 am

What fuel are you using? I've noticed if I use normal 91 then I get under 7 and if I use E10 I continually run over 7.5. Also 95 is supposed to go a lot quicker than the 91 and 98.

A couple of weeks ago I went from Lithgow over the mountains and through Seven Hills and Blacktown to the M2 and onto the F3 and I was sitting on 5.8 l/100. I had been filling it with normal 91 for a while. The trip before when I had E10 it was 6.8 for the same trip. By the time I'd got along the F3 and to Gloucester I was on 6.8 this last time and 7.8 on E10. Mine is manual btw.

For some reason getting stuck in traffic jams and roadworks and general city type driving has been using less than highway driving. Go figure.

Anyway I've decided to definitely steer clear of E10. I only use it when I get stuck at a servo without normal 91 though.
Last edited by SXLancerMum on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 am

Something else I noticed today. Those manufacturing stickers, in between the rear and front doors, get wet constantly. Why on earth would you place something like that at a point which gets affected by the elements?

UBJ000
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby UBJ000 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:18 am

I hate hitting the I agree button!!!!!

Return to “General Talk”