***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Toughseal

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Toughseal

Postby exaltd » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:00 am

Hi everyone,

Just wondering... anyone got ToughSeal paint protection on their car?

I got it today on par of my car, and it is 10,000X better than the worthless product put on my car by the dealer... My car actually glimmers and you can clearly see a richer, fuller and more metallic colour come out compared to the dealer's paint protection that they put on (i believe it is MotorOne's sub-company, correct me if i'm wrong), and it's soooooooooo much cheaper, i got ripped silly thinking they were all the same... :(

If you did get it, what's your opinion on this paint protection kit?

Also, if anyone wants it here in Melbourne, I could possibly get it cheaper than the retail price... got to know the owner of the business, he's really a nice guy :).

Thanks.

-EXALTD-

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:16 am

Read through the site. Seems reasonable. So what price are we talking?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:21 am

So normally the price is $121.00 retail.

I can get it to you for $90. Dead set cheap in my opinion.

Maybe pay me a bit if you don't have time, and i'll do it for you... it isn't too difficult to apply, but must be done right.

-EXALTD-

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:01 am

I have it on my car. The product seems pretty good, But I don't have anything to comapre it to.

The Toughseal Alloy Wax is fantastic, I've got that on my wheels aswell, the brake dust doesn't stick to the rims and they stay clean for a long time then when its time to wash them its very fast and easy. No elbow grease needed, just a spray with some water and a wipe down.

The Toughseal dry wash and shine is like the Mequirs Quick Detail, but I think it works a bit better ontop of the Toughseal paint protection. I wouldn't use it to clean the car but after you have washed the car spray a bit on and the paint feels sooo smooth.
Last edited by Aspired on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am

Can do that product for you cheap as well :).

I'll ask him how much he can get it to me for :) Keep you informed.

-EXALTD-

INVUR-1
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby INVUR-1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:47 pm

bought my for $115 with express post

The package is Toughseal Paint Protection Kit/System + vinyl and
leather protection.
(cj-black) oO~`AnDreW Black CJ VIC`~Oo (cj-black)

niro86
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby niro86 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi Guys, Is it okay to put a new paint protection, if you already have one through your dealer. I remember paying $1000 to my dealer to get it done. My car is 3 years old and not sure if it's worth to put a new protection? I may be wrong, Please advise me

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:06 pm

niro86 wrote:Hi Guys, Is it okay to put a new paint protection, if you already have one through your dealer. I remember paying $1000 to my dealer to get it done. My car is 3 years old and not sure if it's worth to put a new protection? I may be wrong, Please advise me

Yes you can. Just clean the paint properly before applying the new paint protector. A little tip stay away from edges and joints as you can get the paint protector off.

niro86
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby niro86 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:05 pm

aspir3 wrote:
niro86 wrote:Hi Guys, Is it okay to put a new paint protection, if you already have one through your dealer. I remember paying $1000 to my dealer to get it done. My car is 3 years old and not sure if it's worth to put a new protection? I may be wrong, Please advise me

Yes you can. Just clean the paint properly before applying the new paint protector. A little tip stay away from edges and joints as you can get the paint protector off.

Thanks Troy, Will buy this one then

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:19 pm

niro86 wrote:
aspir3 wrote:

Thanks Troy, Will buy this one then

you pay $1000 for 10 min work, ;) and a $50 product. and no im not lieing. it really is.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

niro86
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby niro86 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:25 pm

I didn't know about this back then Blake.Anyway I will use this product to protect my paint

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:28 pm

I have put Paint protector on my car twice. Each time took me about 6 hours. It is a very slow and tedious job but very satisfying once completed. I did it all by hand. Dealers probably use an electric buffer tool.

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:40 pm

Correct Troy.

Most dealers do a quick job of it, by sub contracting it to either MING (majority) or smaller companies (of which I know many of them).

This product however, as proven many times by many members on this forum, is 10,000X better than what the dealer uses, and actually lasts.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Is there a simple way to test whether the paint protection is still there or not?

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:47 pm

How far do you want to go? :)

An easy test is to leave bird poop on the paintowrk for a day or so, then wash it off. If the bird poop leaves a mark, then your paint protection has fully worn out :)

ANother way is run your clean, dry and preferably oil free (because it has to be sensitive) hand over the paintwork. Feel for little bumps and imperfections in the paintwork. Paint protection should protect against these little imperfections. If you can feel imperfections, likelihood is the paint protection has worn out :).

Hope that helps.

Return to “Exterior”