***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

[WA] Chat Thread

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:02 am

Lol Aaron...

Yes I have a 3ds, but I'm waiting for the OoT remake, it'll be amazing :D though 3ds's cost a lot more than wii's, which kinda annoyed me.
Yes speed cameras are used at night sometimes, but not as often cos they need to be attended otherwise they'd get vandalised (I got done by one so I know :P).
And do you mean can you get a ticket for 1km/h over? I don't think so, I'm pretty sure legally they have to allow for about 3km/h error on cameras, meaning you have to be doing 74 (maybe 73) in a 70 to get a fine.
However than doesn't mean if the camera says you're doing 80 you get a fine for 77...

Did you get flashed again? Remember our speedos are all slightly fast too.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 am

they're out at night, i've seen them as late as 1am (packing up on roe hwy) and out as early as 4:30am (already set up on kwinana fwy)

it used to be 10% tolerance to speed but that changed quite a while ago, i'm not sure what the "official" tolerance is now but i'd imagine about 2-3km/h

I've gone through a camera at 65 in a 60 zone and didn't get flashed though and i'm fairly sure it was one of the older ones.. I was on the bike anyway so it wouldn't of mattered without a front plate ;)

when writing tickets if you get pinged by a cop with a radar gun they take off a couple of k's - I got out of losing a few demerits because of this, they got me doing 93 in a 70 zone but they bumped it to 89.. and not because the cop was nice, he was one of those @$$hole ones who threatened me with a yellow sticker and when the only thing he could find wrong with my car was one bald tyre he gave me a $100 fine for that instead :\

^ another reason why I'm not a fan of traffic police/hwy patrol
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Straight4
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Straight4 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:22 pm

I got done going 110kph on Mitchell freeway when speed limit was 80kph by a camera. Thought the speed limit on freeways is always 100. Serves me right for not bothering to look at the signs. This was 2am Tuesday morning of the long weekend. So Double demerits.... goodbye 10 demerits and $700....

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Dire wrote:Lol Aaron...

Yes I have a 3ds, but I'm waiting for the OoT remake, it'll be amazing :D though 3ds's cost a lot more than wii's, which kinda annoyed me.
Yes speed cameras are used at night sometimes, but not as often cos they need to be attended otherwise they'd get vandalised (I got done by one so I know :P).
And do you mean can you get a ticket for 1km/h over? I don't think so, I'm pretty sure legally they have to allow for about 3km/h error on cameras, meaning you have to be doing 74 (maybe 73) in a 70 to get a fine.
However than doesn't mean if the camera says you're doing 80 you get a fine for 77...

Did you get flashed again? Remember our speedos are all slightly fast too.

Bring your 3DS to the cruise! I need more heroes for the streetpass quest :P I absolutely love streetpass, its so stealthly cool :P What's OoT? I'm really really looking forward to Zelda and Star Fox 64 3D :D

No I didn't get flashed again thank god, it just came up in a conversation I had recently.

Graham wrote:they're out at night, i've seen them as late as 1am (packing up on roe hwy) and out as early as 4:30am (already set up on kwinana fwy)

it used to be 10% tolerance to speed but that changed quite a while ago, i'm not sure what the "official" tolerance is now but i'd imagine about 2-3km/h

I've gone through a camera at 65 in a 60 zone and didn't get flashed though and i'm fairly sure it was one of the older ones.. I was on the bike anyway so it wouldn't of mattered without a front plate ;)

when writing tickets if you get pinged by a cop with a radar gun they take off a couple of k's - I got out of losing a few demerits because of this, they got me doing 93 in a 70 zone but they bumped it to 89.. and not because the cop was nice, he was one of those @$$hole ones who threatened me with a yellow sticker and when the only thing he could find wrong with my car was one bald tyre he gave me a $100 fine for that instead :\

^ another reason why I'm not a fan of traffic police/hwy patrol

Holy crap I never knew they were out at such odd times! Never seen one at night before, that's why i asked. How's the bike going? ;)

Straight4 wrote:I got done going 110kph on Mitchell freeway when speed limit was 80kph by a camera. Thought the speed limit on freeways is always 100. Serves me right for not bothering to look at the signs. This was 2am Tuesday morning of the long weekend. So Double demerits.... goodbye 10 demerits and $700....

Duuude that sucks big time... Last day of the double demerits too! A $700 easter egg for the po-pos.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Leez wrote:What's OoT?

Ocarina of time, ie Zelda :P

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 am

Straight4 wrote:I got done going 110kph on Mitchell freeway when speed limit was 80kph by a camera. Thought the speed limit on freeways is always 100. Serves me right for not bothering to look at the signs. This was 2am Tuesday morning of the long weekend. So Double demerits.... goodbye 10 demerits and $700....

ouch, that sucks!!

if there was another car in the photo (unlikely at 2am :( ) you could try and say it was them maybe?

ImageImage

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Wow, 10 demerits and 700 dollars that freakin hurts. So sorry mate,

Graham, that old 2 cars in the pic excuse/reason only applied to the old multanovas. They generally wouldnt even mail the photo out if 2 cars in pic as the beam width would cover both cars easily and either could be speeding.

The new laser cameras can discriminate between 2 cars side by side as it targets every vehicle separately with the beam.

Remember range is more than twice the old multanovas at 15-75m. So keep your eyes open.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

Straight4
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Straight4 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:48 am

Yeh so depressed. Does anybody know how long until you get the points back? Looks like untill then I'll be driving grandma style!! Yeww haha

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 am

Straight4 wrote:Yeh so depressed. Does anybody know how long until you get the points back? Looks like untill then I'll be driving grandma style!! Yeww haha

Three years after the day you were flashed...

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Got cut off by a car on sat night and crashed as i swerved to miss the car..

apart from a few bumps n bruises i walked away with a broken wrist so i was pretty lucky!

one of the pics of my poor baby :(

ImageImage

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

I hope you get well soon Graham.

What are you going to do now? Repair or replace the bike or go back to a car?

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Tue May 03, 2011 12:25 am

Go a 'busa Graham :P

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri May 06, 2011 3:40 pm

After the last cruise my windscreen has developed a gigantic crack! Yay.
Serves me right for not keeping my distance on O'brien...

I only noticed it today. It started at the bottom of the window, so it probably grew last night making me notice it...

Heres hoping it doesn't shatter while I'm working tonight!

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Fri May 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Geeze, WA is not having much luck these last few weeks!
I have a 3 year old son who KNOWS i should drive faster! So why do i get fined?!?

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat May 07, 2011 1:26 am

If anyone has experience with this, do I have to get it replaced by mitsu?
Cos of the sensor etc on the window?

Return to “Western Australia”