***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Drivers seating position

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:58 am

billyboy wrote:Oh, CJ's to be driven with both hands on the wheel, you'll be too busy holding on & enjoying the spirited drive to have your elbow on the door sil anyway. :wink:

I agree.

If I'm sitting on the highway, on cruise control, I find I can get really comfortable without my elbow on the sill just by shifting my hands low on the wheel and resting one elbow on the door arm rest and the other on the centre arm rest - or shift my left foot and rest my wrist on my knee.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:39 am

one of the guys that i know doesnt even use the back of the seat, its reclined that far you cant see it from out side of the car, and he has to hold the wheel to keep himself up, lol.

but anyway, never paid attention to where the seat is located, but its right for me, and yeah the window sill is a little too high for me but getting used to it.

CJS1337
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CJS1337 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Yup, another old thread here - just sifting through and enjoying the endless supply of info from you guys & gals and learning about my new baby. Big thanks to all!

About the driving position - for me, during test drives it took a bit of fiddling around to find a comfortable driving position. I could get the height and leg distance for the pedals just right, but then found the steering wheel to be a bit too far away. Then the opposite, I'd adjust the folding seat more upright and slide forward to get a comfortable steering wheel reach, but then my legs felt a bit cramped :roll:

(feel free to shoot me here!) but it was almost a deal-breaker and nearly bought a Mazda 3 for it's tilt AND REACH steering wheel adjustment! :shock:

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”