***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Questions to ask and things to look for when tinting

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

timu
INACTIVE Member Account

Questions to ask and things to look for when tinting

Postby timu » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:46 am

So, my VRX looks silly with just the rear privacy glass, think we all agree on that. Thing is, Ive never had the desire to get tints on any of my previous cars (and if I tinted my old '84 Colt the windows would be the most expensive thing on it!), so I really have no idea what to look for in terms of quality, and what questions I should be asking of the tint shop. So...

What questions should I be asking?

Are there any low quality tints I should be avoiding, or high quality tints I should ask for?

Any other caveats or things I should look out for when comparing tint shops?

Finally, any recommended out Sydneys west? (Parra, Blacktown, Penrith area)

Latino_Ralliart
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Latino_Ralliart » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:18 pm

I'd be interested also. Same thing with me my ralliart has rear privacy glass and front non tinted.

So far I'm deciding between tint wizard parramatta and ground zero tint Blacktown. However been having trouble contacting ground zero the number doesn't get answered.

Good luck

Dan Aspired
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dan Aspired » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:27 pm

I also had trouble contacting ground zero, but i drove to check it out. Was all closed up but i talked to a guy who worked next door and he told me that Martin was on holidays for a few weeks. So he should be back soon. Have you guys got your tints yet? I have the privacy glass on the back, want to get the legal % but im not sure if there will be a massive difference between them

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:50 pm

I personally like using 3M products - have their tint on my car - comes with a lifetime warranty so any dealer that deals with 3M can repair/re-tint your windows if they are scratched. Slightly more expensive but I highly recommend them.

Not sure who deals them in NSW though...
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

timu
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby timu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Dan Aspired wrote:I also had trouble contacting ground zero, but i drove to check it out. Was all closed up but i talked to a guy who worked next door and he told me that Martin was on holidays for a few weeks. So he should be back soon. Have you guys got your tints yet? I have the privacy glass on the back, want to get the legal % but im not sure if there will be a massive difference between them

Haven't gotten to it yet, but from what Ive read and seen online, if you go darkest legal you will notice a difference if your looking for it, but not enough to tell from a distance. Id imagine even if you match the Privacy glass youll still notice some small difference simply on account of the fronts being tinted to the rears being privacy glass....

ripflare10
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ripflare10 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Where did you get your tinting done Bruno and How much did it cost you? Thinking of getting mine done but want to get prices first.

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Ground Zero tint for the win.

Jace's evo and my activ both got tinted their.
Also had my girlfriends car done there aswell.

Bargain price, top bloke and a job well done.

shaine
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby shaine » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:07 pm

I had mine done at Express Tinting, T18 for $350, comes with life time warranty, looks great!!
ENJOY!! (cj-black)

falcon15500
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby falcon15500 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Just about everywhere gives a lifetime warranty, provided they are using decent film. From what I have been told, you don't get warranty on non-legal tints - so avoid that if warranty is important to you.

FWIW I went with Tint Wizard in Nth Parra. Did a good job, no complaints.

M.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Just wanted to say I went to Ground Zero Tint (Martin) in Blacktown and have nothing but praise. Better yet, Martin was happy to tell me that I didn't need to get the whole thing tinted especially if I wanted it to look balanced which saved me a bit of cash. Can't remember the price but I think all around I was quoted around $170ish but ended up paying $80 for the fronts. Quality is superb- years on, it still looks good. Martin also appreciates cars (IIRC he had an Evo and an S2K) so he's good to talk to.

Note that the prices probably have risen since then but shouldn't be more than $200.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Dan Aspired
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dan Aspired » Tue May 17, 2011 11:29 am

Just got mine and the gfs car tinted at Ground Zero Tints on sat. Cost me $80 for my front 2 windows, and $170 for the whole car, so got our cars done for $250 all up. Looks like a great job, cant see any problems with it so far, Martin was nice as. Would recommend him if any of you need tints done.

Return to “Exterior”