Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mikec
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mikec » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 pm

aspir3 wrote:
mikec wrote:
aspir3 wrote:No need to tint our cars at all, as they have UV protective glass.

Only need to tint the front to match the rear for looks.

can anyone else verify if the stock windows have uv protection

Michael I got that info from one of SA members who works for Mitsubishi head office.

I too got suckered in by my tinter and got all the windows tinted.

sounds good only need to pay for the front tint
im gona call mit call centre toml to cross verify

mikec
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

useful info for tinting

Postby mikec » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:52 pm

mikec wrote:
aspir3 wrote:
mikec wrote:
aspir3 wrote:No need to tint our cars at all, as they have UV protective glass.

Only need to tint the front to match the rear for looks.

can anyone else verify if the stock windows have uv protection

Michael I got that info from one of SA members who works for Mitsubishi head office.

I too got suckered in by my tinter and got all the windows tinted.

sounds good only need to pay for the front tint
im gona call mit call centre toml to cross verify

for those who have not tinted their car yet this might save you some money for those who has might be of interest too.
i have just called mit aus i can confirm that what apir3 said is true
the cj lancer window glass is UV protected for clear glass it blocks out 66% of bad UV ray for those with privately glass ( ie on the vrx back windows) they block out 99% of harmful UV rays.
so guya there is no need to add clear tint flim on privately glass if your worried about UV ray
i say just tint front window to match rear window (ie vrx)
happy tinting

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 pm

That's what the guy that tinted my front window told me as well, only paid $80 for him to do it, he told me he tints for tweed mitz and was 100% sure of it, he also said that they can't say the rears aren't uv protected, because of that simple fact that they are

Saved me an extra $90 ;-)

OHH YEA!!!!

CJS1337
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CJS1337 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Just to add my 5 cents worth and to continue from a recent post:
http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7951& ... indow+tint

I finally pickup my Lancer SX on Thursday 28/4/11 but last week I was offered the extras we're all familiar with like Window Tint, Paint Protection, Reverse Sensors, Alarm etc. I politely declined at first...

I mentioned the Window Tint scratch issue due to not having felt strips installed, and to my surprise (and the dealers!) they were aware of the problem and said they automatically put in the felt strips with any Window Tint they do. They also put a lifetime guarantee to it so if any scratches appear caused from the window rubbers, they will fix it.

Not sure if Tint-A-Car, Tint Professor etc would do the felt strips unless asked about it??? They might now as it's a widespread issue.

However, I can say that the Tint-A-Car Midnight Express I had on my old Commie VZ was faultless/flawless for almost 5 years.

Now I'm just hoping I get another decent quality tint done, this time through the Mitsu dealer. Fingers Crossed!

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:53 pm

They should all know by now that its a common issue. Most will do the felting.

If you get tint done by yourself it is much cheaper outside. $199-300 for a good tint with lifetime warranty. Dealers will charge you $499~ but you get to pick it up and forget about it.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri May 06, 2011 8:17 pm

milobob wrote:They should all know by now that its a common issue. Most will do the felting.

If you get tint done by yourself it is much cheaper outside. $199-300 for a good tint with lifetime warranty. Dealers will charge you $499~ but you get to pick it up and forget about it.

The only other real benefit of getting things done at the dealer is you can chuck it all onto a single price from the dealer for FBT/leasing/tax purposes.

But you'd still be better off going outside. As I mentioned before (I think), Martin from Ground Zero tint did mine and was honest that I don't need the rears when he saw it and hence only ended up paying like $80.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Return to “Interior”