***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* CCJ GB National Lottery Rnd XVII

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

FFEEkY
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby FFEEkY » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:28 pm

No reason why we couldn't all pick say 10 numbers each, and you can use they in any order or game you want to ofey.

We could get very scientific and search archives for the most common numbers drawn, and also the most common numbers of the last 20 draws... lol
Warning! Mouth often in gear well before brain!

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:40 pm

FFEEkY wrote:No reason why we couldn't all pick say 10 numbers each, and you can use they in any order or game you want to ofey.

We could get very scientific and search archives for the most common numbers drawn, and also the most common numbers of the last 20 draws... lol

Funny you should mention this. It is actually quite easy to jump on the lotto website and find the list of numbers, how many times they have been drawn and when was the last time they were drawn.

The hard part is determining what that means. Do you simply go for the numbers that are drawn most frequently? Or do you go for the ones that havent been picked for ages figuring they must be due?

Or do you go for the most frequent numbers that havent been picked for a while? Or do you....

You see my point. I'd love it if someone who is good at maths could enlighten us to the correct method, keeping in mind that this doesnt mean we will win. It might just prevent a crap spread of numbers being produced by the computer. I doubt you get more than 2 conescutive numbers very often, but if you check the slikpiks they always throw in a 41, 42, 43 or some crap like that.

In case you were wondering, I really want to win lotto :D
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 pm

ofey wrote:Just collected the winnings for Round 3. We had 4 X Division 6 @ A$12.10 each = A$48.40

That's Better than you thought at first Ofey "You Thought only 1 division 6 " I Say you are doing well ... As we have had a small win in the 3 lotto's since it started :D .... And They say many ppl win lotto by a Quick pick 8)

It will be our turn soon :)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:14 pm

Itachi wrote:
FFEEkY wrote:No reason why we couldn't all pick say 10 numbers each, and you can use they in any order or game you want to ofey.

Funny you should mention this. It is actually quite easy to jump on the lotto website and find the list of numbers, how many times they have been drawn and when was the last time they were drawn.

The hard part is determining what that means. Do you simply go for the numbers that are drawn most frequently? Or do you go for the ones that havent been picked for ages figuring they must be due?

Or do you go for the most frequent numbers that havent been picked for a while? Or do you....

You see my point. I'd love it if someone who is good at maths could enlighten us to the correct method, keeping in mind that this doesnt mean we will win. It might just prevent a crap spread of numbers being produced by the computer. I doubt you get more than 2 conescutive numbers very often, but if you check the slikpiks they always throw in a 41, 42, 43 or some crap like that.

In case you were wondering, I really want to win lotto :D

There is a reason why the lotto prediction software is so expensive.... they can't win, so they make their millions other ways :P

It is pot luck... you can analyse it all you like, at the end of the day it is 100% random :P

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm a mathematician and statistician.

It's random :) There's some variation depending on the machine and how the balls start and how they're "shuffled". But it's pretty well random. Could just pick 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... at least then it'd be easy to know if we won :)
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

rayray
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby rayray » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 pm

haha I remember watching a youtube video about some spanish family who made up a program which calculated the odds of the ball landing on specific numbers for roulette. Apparently he found numbers that were likely to be landed on and numbers that weren't likely....and made millions from this. Perhaps we could do something similar? LOLL

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:14 am

What we need is the smart brother from Numb3rs, I'm sure he would know :P

Well here is a theory, keeping constant numbers means you have a better chance of winning than constantly changing the numbers. True or false? Logically (at least in my mind :lol:) it makes sense, but mathematically is that right?

Don't get me wrong, if there was a way to win lotto by maths there would be some really rich nerds and no more lotto as they would run out of money! But it is nice to think we are playing it smart :)

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 am

That doesn't make sense David :P

draevon is right, its not 100% random but theres no good way to pick. There are lots of people out there who pick the most common numbers, ie you don't win as much if you pick them too.

Something I have heard is, as some people pick birthdays etc, is to pick numbers that don't correspond to days of the month (numbers over 31).

It is easier to try and maximise your winnings than maximise your odds.

However, I feel it isn't worth the time you spend thinking about it... I don't really believe in lottery but I go with it when it presents itself. Random numbers ftw.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:50 am

I believe in 2 things for lottery:
1. Syndicates - I personally have no need for all that much more money and am more than happy to share. However, if I were to buy alone, I can only afford 50 lines. As part of a syndicate, I have more lines 250 lines and 1 System 10 in the last draw. Even a split resulting in A$500,000, will make a huge difference in my life. My next 3 cars could well be free and it frees up my income to do other things.

2. Quick Pick - Whatever way you look at it, the machine that pushes out the numbers has no feelings nor emotions. It's dead. It doesn't pick the numbers. Selecting has to be the same process. If we select by hand, we add bias from our own minds. Have you seen wins where the numbers included 1, 2 or 39,40,41. Now who in their right mind on a grid will pick 3 consecutive numbers.

When I suggested for some people to pick numbers, I was saying for the System 10 or 11, if those people feel strongly about their number, give me a number via PM and I'll put it down. You can't pick more than 1 number and with the other 10 or so numbers coming from others, you can't construct your own grid. It then becomes random.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:07 am

Yeah some of my friends were talking about this last night funnily enough. We were saying that if you adopted the strategy of always picking the 6 numbers that came up last week, most people would think you were crazy ... cause "what are the chances of those same numbers coming up the next week" .... well .... pretty much the same chance of any other 6 numbers coming up.

Like Jake said, if you wanted to get statsy on it, you'd be better off picking your 6 numbers from the high 30s or 40s, because if you do win, you're less likely to have to share it, because a lot of people use birthdays/dates etc, and so your average return per dollar invested would be higher, although again this is only very slightly.

so pretty much for me, going into this GB lotto works out a much better chance for me to win something .... mainly because I don't normally play :)

GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:23 am

just a thought, what about the law of averages, ie, eventually each number will come up the same amount of times?

if this holds true then staying with 1 set of 6 would be advantageous?
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:31 am

With Lotto you have a 1 in 8,000,000 chance of getting the six numbers

better then the others I guess

Oz lotto bout 1 in 45,000,000

and power ball around 1 in 54,000,000

Just to put things into perspective you have a 1 in 579,000 chance of being struck by lightning :P

But hey it only takes 1, I still go out in storms and I still play Lotto.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat May 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Here we go again with ROUND 4!

21 Million Big ones... .

In Troy's own words : "Time to finally win one!"
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Sat May 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Count me in as usual :)

(just trf the money now)

Kyrus
Lancer Legend