***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:27 pm

That's great Doreen,
now you'll be able to see what your doing when your putting on your make-up on the way to work. :lol:

Sam :wink:
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:40 pm

DORA_ANNE wrote:Just a little Thing I Did on my car Today ...I Changed The Map and Dome Bulbs To " Super SMD LED Festoon Type White " Makes so much difference ...I Have Taken the Photo with the Yukky Yellow stock bulb on the right still in as you can see the difference ..And I also did The Dome light and I have the Boot Light to do yet .... And These Bulbs Don't heat up like the Stock Bulbs .

hey doreen how did you take the pic so it didnt glare and by the way they look good

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm

LOL Sam :lol: ..I accurately put the lights in myself *biggrin1* I Know it's a simple job But I Hadn't had to do it before and it was good doing something Myself with my car :smile: ....

Mitch I Was in the Back seat taking the Photo maybe that had something to do with The no Glare and that was taken with the Flash on as well :shock:
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:50 pm

ok cool

thankyou i am waiting for my replacement bulb to be replaced as one of them that i bought was faulty then i will take pics of the leds in my map lights

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:29 pm

bez3rk wrote:Will do that but I wash the car every week and take the p plates off. Anyway I only have a few weeks left on my p Plates then I'm off them forever yay.

Congrats on the open licence :)

They really are nasty things those magnets. Hubby won't even let me put magnets on the fridge because it scratches the paint and the fridge rusts :) My daughter wants to use the boys old magnetic plates on the cars but I won't let her.

Another reason I won't let her is that there is some idiot around here who thinks it's funny super glueing the magnetic Ps on the cars up at the school. One of the boys pulled it off and still has the black bit on his car.

The little bugger has used around $80 or $90 worth of fuel this week driving around town. And that's just since Tuesday. She reckoned she was going to drive my car this arvo when she didn't have enough fuel to take her friend home to a nearby village. Ummm don't think so.

ripflare10
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ripflare10 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:45 pm

DORA_ANNE wrote:Just a little Thing I Did on my car Today ...I Changed The Map and Dome Bulbs To " Super SMD LED Festoon Type White " Makes so much difference ...I Have Taken the Photo with the Yukky Yellow stock bulb on the right still in as you can see the difference ..And I also did The Dome light and I have the Boot Light to do yet .... And These Bulbs Don't heat up like the Stock Bulbs .

Very Nice Doreen. Its a small mod but it really does make a difference in looks and productivity when they are on :)

bez3rk wrote:Thanks. I have never had a problem with the magnetic plates but my mate has and i have heard alot of bad things about the magnetic plates. About driving i don't even let my parents drive my car. i have also installed blue neon in the boot today. will put up a pic when i get time

Ahh so jealous of you... I have another 4 months before I'm rid of my P's. I stayed away from the magnetic one mainly because my old car had no where I could put them, but also I had heard a few things as well. Nice wheels to by the way. They looks Awesome :D Can't wait to see pictures of the neon.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 pm

ripflare10 wrote:

Very Nice Doreen. Its a small mod but it really does make a difference in looks and productivity when they are on :)

bez3rk wrote:Thanks. I have never had a problem with the magnetic plates but my mate has and i have heard alot of bad things about the magnetic plates. About driving i don't even let my parents drive my car. i have also installed blue neon in the boot today. will put up a pic when i get time

Ahh so jealous of you... I have another 4 months before I'm rid of my P's. I stayed away from the magnetic one mainly because my old car had no where I could put them, but also I had heard a few things as well. Nice wheels to by the way. They looks Awesome :D Can't wait to see pictures of the neon.

i get of my P's on the 6th of August this year yay

falcon15500
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby falcon15500 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Lol. Not much to speak of, but I bought some cheapo floor mats today - for use until I get some decent ones from somewhere. And I also bought a rubber boot mat from Clarke Rubber, cut it down and chucked it into the rear.

Must say, I am liking the look of those LED replacement bulbs for the map reader lights and dome light! Might have to look into those...

M.

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Hoges wrote:@Mitch, you can change setting on your camera to how much light it lets into the shutter, that way it can cut glare.

I washed and polished the car today using Nu-Finish once a year polish, used half a bottle, dont know if i used to much or to little, but it came up very nice!

yeah i have been using the IPhone 4

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Today I took my car to my dealer for inspection on my drivers seat.

They agreed to replace my driver seat back leather cover. They will also replace the rear back door seal as it has shrunk and not sitting it the corners properly.

They asked me too whether I would be interested to have some photos taken of my car for their magazine.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 pm

aspir3 wrote:Today I took my car to my dealer for inspection on my drivers seat.

They agreed to replace my driver seat back leather cover. They will also replace the rear back door seal as it has shrunk and not sitting it the corners properly.

They asked me too whether I would be interested to have some photos taken of my car for their magazine.

Your driving it too much Troy, it is starting to wear out :P

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:19 pm

aspir3 wrote:Today I took my car to my dealer for inspection on my drivers seat.

Well I figure it this way: :roll:

Driver Seat Back Leather Cover. = The kids are continually kicking into it, trying to alert you about the crappy out-dated video's your running in those Head-Rest Video Players you fitted before X-Mass. *der*

Rear Door Seal Shrinkage = Because you keep the car covered with a Tight Air-Sealed Cover in a Temp Controlled Garage.
The Seal has Dried-Up because of Lack of Natural Moisture & Oxygen present in the Atmosphere you keep your car protected against. *frusty*

Photos for Mitsu "Eclipse" Magazine = Educate Mitsu Owners on "How or What Not to Do to Your Lancer". *nono*

Hey Troy, don't Worry, you will get over it, one day, Maaaaaaaate !! *dizzy*

Sam. *lol* *pound*
PS: How did you manage to convince the dealer otherwise *noidea*
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Added some cheap caps on top of my suspension. Saw them on a website and they are originally sourced off a Triton but fit our suspension tops perfectly..

They're made of rubber so may be abit hard to paint. They will fit even if you have coilovers. Verified on an RA with Pedders coilovers.

MMA do not stock this part and are by special order from Japan and with the situation there now, it may take awhile if you want a set.

4060A136
Cap, Fr Susp
RRP = A$4.00+ each
CCJ= A$3.50 each
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “General Talk”