***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What were they thinking.

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

What were they thinking.

Postby ianmartin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi all,

I hope this doesnt offend anyone mere on club cj. But i seen a Sportback today and i was stunned.

I understand that we are all different and that if we wernt, it would be a boring place to live. But how could they do it.

Do what you ask?????. They have a white sportback and it has two blue stripes over the car. No no no no no, these stripes are reserved for the classic Ford Cobra. I dont like the XR5 Lasers that have this colour scheme either.

I hope the person who owns the vehicle doesnt get offended. I could handle black and silver or black with red stripes. But im sorry. I love the old classic Shelby Mustangs and the XC Cobra and even the GT40 white and blue.

I now have had my rant and now need a drink to relax and recover.. Oh and by the way my drink is very nice coffeeeeeeeee.

Usif
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Usif » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:45 pm

haha Ian; What can we say mate? Each to there own.. I Personally don't like the stripes thing all together; On any car that is newer than what? 70s? But that's it mate.. I don't like chrome rims; esp. 20" Chromes on a car that just does not suit them... But then again, every once in a while.. someone manages to pull it off.

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi Yousif,

You are right. Each to their own. And good luck for people being different. And hahahahaha i have chromies on my black Ra hehehe.

I wanted to be different so maybe the owner of this sportback is just doing the same lol.

But blue and white is definatley for 70's cars

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:36 pm

ive seen that car as well ian hmmmm each to there own.:)

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:42 pm

I haven't seen it Ken *doh*

Sam :wink:
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:53 pm

you must be bored sam nothing happening in nsw sam. :wink:

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah Sam.

I thought something similar when i seen it. Then i had time to digest it. Then i thought nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo haha

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Theres one or two members here who have stripes on there cars,i think they look cool.
Me having a silver car i was seriously thinking of gettting black stripes on the car,just concerned as to how long the vinyl will last for.

So its either the stripes or the SX wing,im not getting both lol.

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: What were they thinking.

Postby PsyTrix » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:58 pm

ianmartin wrote:I understand that we are all different and that if we wernt, it would be a boring place to live. But how could they do it.

As for the rims on your car...
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm pretty keen on stripes to be honest. Was close to doing it, but figured it would attract a bit too much attention.

Wouldn't mind some strips along the sides though.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 pm

dannyboi wrote:I'm pretty keen on stripes to be honest. Was close to doing it, but figured it would attract a bit too much attention.

Wouldn't mind some strips along the sides though.

It certianly does attract attention.
I have a friend who has a XR8 falcon,Blue in colour with the white stripes,can see it from miles away lol, shes always getting attention all the time.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:36 pm

The XR5 is a focus... not a laser for starters!! The laser hasn't been around for quite a while!!

I personally don't like the stripes myself, but some people do. They are OEM, so I really can't see the problem with them. I have ordered some side stripes for mine, as I like the car but just want something to personalise. I will put them on, if I like them, they stay. If not, they go. Simple.

I really dislike chrome rims on the CJ. They just don't suit IMO. I am yet to see one that I like. But I don't start a thread asking why when someone does it??

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:16 pm

I realised it was a Focus after i submitted it on my post, but couldnt be bothered changing it.

I actually looked at the XR5 before my Lancer but i didnt like the seats in the car. Im the same with stripes on new Commodores and Falcons as well. I think they detract from the car itself.

Except for the Falcon, i think its the R8 special edition one.

As for putting a thread up. I am just seeing who else doesnt like them. Like i said. I have big chromies on my car. I put them on because i like them. Just like stripes, they got them because they like them.

I think i dont like them because they are so bold. Pinstriping and side stripes like LZY_EYE has ordered, can actually accentuate the vehicle they are on.

The thread is just an opinion and is not meant to humiliate or upset people. They are meant to be a bit of fun and a way to get to know other members, and their likes and dislikes.

I know opinions are like arse holes, and some stink more than others. But we all have them and we have the right to express them. So long as we are not disrespecting or demeaning others whilst doing so.

Return to “Exterior”