***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The Negativity of Evo/Ralliart Owners.

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

The Negativity of Evo/Ralliart Owners.

Postby R4LLI4RT » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Ok so i live in the South Eastern Suburbs and in the 1.5 years ive had my Ralliart im yet to run into one decent person (outside of this club) who also has a Evo/Ralliart.
Every time i see someone in a new evo X they usually look at me up and down like asif they learnt i stole from their own pockets.
There is one guy who drives a while evo and every time i run into him at the lights he just looks at me like ive taken the spotlight away from him.
Even older model evo drivers are complete morons, who do the same thing.
Seriously its pathetic, instead of being supportive and thinking 'yeah baby sweet ride' its like they are saying "arent you a ****ing prick" and i honestly never suspected it from people who drive these cars.
I remember being in my older neighbours HSV and going for a drive to frankston to get his daughter and on the way 2 HSv's flashed their lights at him, and on the way back aother one did it and i asked him if there something wrong with his car and he goes no they are just saying hi because i drive a hsv too.

If you drive a evo or ralliart and your just a hater go eat the end of a soggy wet one. 8)

Tell me if you have experienced the same thing.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:40 pm

only on evooz :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:38 pm

evo drivers look at ralliart drivers as if we are 2nd class and there the best because they have the money to own an evo.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Yep, you're all stuck-up pricks with too much money.....

*slinks off in jealous rage*

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Well we had two bogans on bicycles ride by yesterday at the NSW meet, and shout "If you want your car to look like an Evo, get an Evo"

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:34 pm

It’s a fair comment Chris and i understand completely where you are coming from but consider the flip side.

There have been numerous posts on the forums and i have spoken to people at events both ccj and outside of these forums that will say “oh I’ve got a tune and an exhaust and i can smoke an evo". Well no offence but bullshit. What I’m trying to say is that it’s a bit part and parcel really. You don't like evo owners give you the cold shoulder and evo owners don't like kids (for lack of a more appropriate word) talking trash. If for example Steve were to come out and say that his Ralliart was so amazing that he could walk all over an evo with it at the next meet i wouldn't give him the time of day.

i image that the reverse of this is happening to you with evo owners blatantly ignoring you because they 'think' they're better than you cuz you’re the illegitimate cousin or some rubbish. Perhaps next time you pull up alongside the evo at the lights give him a friendly wave. The worst that could happen is he ignores you and then at least you can say that you were the bigger man and tried.

My own personal experiences, I have never had a problem with Ralliarts. If one pulls up next to me I usually give them a quick wave or a nod the same as I do with other evos.

Just my 2 cents
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 pm

arutha wrote:Perhaps next time you pull up alongside the evo at the lights give him a friendly wave. The worst that could happen is he ignores you and then at least you can say that you were the bigger man and tried.

My own personal experiences, I have never had a problem with Ralliarts. If one pulls up next to me I usually give them a quick wave or a nod the same as I do with other evos.

Just my 2 cents

Exactly what i feel and what i would do , even for myself driving in an evo , sometimes when i meet other evos , doesn't matter the evo x or previous ones , some of them would totally ignore me when i wave or give them the nod , it's really depending on the people you meet imo
Lancer Evolution 10MR

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 pm

dannyboi wrote:Well we had two bogans on bicycles ride by yesterday at the NSW meet, and shout "If you want your car to look like an Evo, get an Evo"

These bogans obviously don't have a mortgage, family or kids.
Hell they were on Bicycles, abit rich for them to be yelling.

Nothing wrong doing up your car.

Perhaps you should have hollored back

Perhaps so but I gave up my bike years ago. When are you boys moving out of your parents?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 pm

off topic for a second

@lee: whats the sotry with the cupcake as you avatar? it does look delic

@ofey: i love that pic. the front illum looks fantastic
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,

Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 pm

offtopic here too!

@arutha: Thanks!!

High praise indeed for me coming from the person who owns the car I admire most on CCJ!
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 pm

It's just not evo owners. It's what the whole car scene has turned into. We all share that common passion as we are all car enthusiasts ( or are we..) I think it's peoples ego's. "My car is better then your car"

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:23 pm

We aint all bad :P But I get where Nic is coming from. I dont usually wave at anyone, but I dont look at anyone either :)
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

hansmitchel
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby hansmitchel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:29 pm

jerryme wrote:It's just not evo owners. It's what the whole car scene has turned into. We all share that common passion as we are all car enthusiasts ( or are we..) I think it's peoples ego's. "My car is better then your car"

Agree with what you've just said.

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 pm

I think maybe Chris you're expecting too much of people. Ok yes the drivers looking down at others is abit much, but then again it wouldn't matter what car those people drive, they'd still act that way regardless. Ignore those people. But honestly, do you expect people to wave or say hi just cause you're in a similar car? It's like seeing someone walking by with the same shirt, you're not going to wave them down are you? If someone has the same shirt as me, I'd be doing all I could to avoid being seen near them :P

ianmartin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ianmartin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:44 pm

I look at all nice cars that grab my eye. I dont look with horror if they are driving a cheaper or dearer version of my car.

But i can appreciate that even people who dont spent thousands of dollars modding their cars, can still love their cars. How much do you think a super clean super straight stock HQ Holden would cost.

It doesnt matter what you drive. The thing is you buy what you can afford and what you want at the time.

Either way they are all the same. Money sucking trouble causing machines of modern day burden . lol

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”