***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Cops getting sneaky - Ipswich Rd/Centenary Hwy

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:59 am

what if they spin right up to your 6?
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:29 am

I suppose if you see THEM do anything illegal you could always pass on the details to the CMC, today tonight etc :P

foreshadow
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby foreshadow » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:22 pm

This reminds me of all the times I've been overtaken by police cars. They're not speeding enough that they're obviously on their way somewhere, they're just doing ~10kmph over

As somone who drives police cars youll find that alot of the highway cars have fully calibrated speedo's, where as your 100km/h is probably closer to 93km/h, thus people think its the cops thats speeding. Not that im saying it doesnt happen, just 1 thing to think about.

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:58 pm

There was an unmarked cop car pulling someone over the other day, brand new Ford Territory with a Baby on Board sign on the back window haha.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:42 am

The cops in Qld are sneaky. My son gets spooked every time there's a car on the side of the road when he comes home to NSW.

Down here the camera cars are mostly Ford Territories with the cameras on the roof. They're getting other ones now apparently.

The ACT had vans with blacked out windows sitting on the side of the road.

In my area the brightly coloured Highway Patrol hides up a driveway (country roads) and then jumps out at you. Very effective. You never know where the buggers are hiding. Especially when they're driving the green commodore and hide it in the trees and grass. They also have red, orange, blue and whatever other colours the SS comes in :) Very colourful carpark at Taree. They send at least 2 over every day to here. They used to come once a month and the locals still haven't learnt that they are here every day and they earn so much money from them they can afford the two all day every day just for here. We normally only have 3 part time cops who don't do much and they have a 4wd and no radar gun :)

One of the local cop shops has Lancers but they're actual marked Highway Patrol cars. Up the north coast used to have an old VW Beetle.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:29 am

That's good to know about the Taree patrol cars coming across every day thanks, I have to travel down your way next week so I better keep an eye out for all the 80 and 90 zones between Walcha and Gloucester.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:47 am

And they love to sit on the Bucketts Way going towards Newy as well. Make sure you slow down to 60 going through Craven. They get a lot of people there. Actually all along there they have their little hidey holes and pounce. Really early in the morning and late in the afternoon they sit at Kramback between Gloucester and Taree but the rest of the day is spent terrorising the Bucketts Way South (Gloucester to Stroud Road), Thunderbolts Way and the School zones. The amount of people who get pinged for no seatbelts is incredible as well as 80ks through school zones. Some days they focus on the town and you can hear the siren going on and off all the time while they pull the idiots over.

And just to really annoy the locals my husband has just put on a new Council Ranger who is a Brown Bomber as well and he's been marking tyres down the main street. They reckon it was really funny when all the shop owners ran outside to move their cars from in front of their shops :) No wonder it's hard to get a parking spot. The owners park outside. He also books people for stopping in the bus zones at the schools. That's caused an uproar.

Last week a woman pulled up in the middle of the road at the primary school and let out 2 kids. They jumped out, on the road and ran in front of the rest of the traffic to get to the school. The ranger followed her when she then kept driving and let her high school child out the same way. Just stopped in the middle of the road and the kid jumped out the drivers door and walked in front of the buses and cars and nearly got hit. The ranger took the womans number plate and gave it to the police. They went visiting her :) Stupid woman. Her kids could have been killed. The thing is at both schools she could have pulled up near the crossing, even illegally, and the kids could have used that instead of just stopping in the middle of the road and letting them jump out and run across the rest of the road. Or even parked illegally in the bus zone or whatever but actually pulled over. I really can't believe some people.

Return to “General Talk”