*CLOSED* Bosch Aerotwin Wipers - CCJ GB 2 Jan'11

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

fazzle
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby fazzle » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 am

Itachi wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a bit of an update for those participating in this GB (especially those interstate).

I was looking around at Autopro today and saw these exact wiper blades for sale for $39.99.

I'm not trying to cause any issues, I just thought members might like to know that autopro has started stocking them and they are the same price as the GB. I'm not sure if there is autopro over in the eastern states but I image there is as they ask you to choose states on their website.

They don't have a product list online as far as I can tell but they have Bosch listed as a supplier.

Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up and maybe save ofey some time and effort :)

Thanks,

Dave

$39.99 each?

If so, read the first post of the thread as they are $40 for the pair through the GB.

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:26 am

fazzle wrote:
Itachi wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a bit of an update for those participating in this GB (especially those interstate).

I was looking around at Autopro today and saw these exact wiper blades for sale for $39.99.

I'm not trying to cause any issues, I just thought members might like to know that autopro has started stocking them and they are the same price as the GB. I'm not sure if there is autopro over in the eastern states but I image there is as they ask you to choose states on their website.

They don't have a product list online as far as I can tell but they have Bosch listed as a supplier.

Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up and maybe save ofey some time and effort :)

Thanks,

Dave

$39.99 each?

If so, read the first post of the thread as they are $40 for the pair through the GB.

Well tbh I wasn't even aware that you could buy just one wiper blade, seems a bit pointless to me....I can check it out next time I'm there or if anyone else heads into their local store maybe they can have a look. However I'm fairly sure it was $39.99 for the pair as the box was quite wide...sorry if this is a f*&^ up on my part :oops: as I said, the thought that they might only sell one never occured to me... :(
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

fazzle
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby fazzle » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:43 am

they are sold separate as most cars have 2 different sized blades and to do "sets" for every car would be pointless. i wouldn't be surprised if these would be $40ea

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:37 am

Once again if anyone is unhappy and wants to pull out or your money back, please feel free to post up.

It's been a pretty bad few days for me... .

Car door crushed, Overpriced wipers, Russian refunds...

Bad start to the year. Hopefully it gets better.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:47 am

Well I should have been dead at the start of last year ( amazing I survived apparently ) yet here I am.

Things will get better Ofey.. glass half full and all that. :D

I got these from Rd1, awesome wipers if anyone is thinking about it, my wife is sooo much happier which means I am happy :P

Thanks Ofey!
Love that car!

Just1more
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Just1more » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 am

I'd love a pair of these if it isn't too late :)

Please PM me bank details and I can pay straight away Ofey.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:30 pm

I am going to Autopro to sort this out. :)

Tenchi
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tenchi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?..
Flickr page!
*OFFICIAL ClubCJ - New South Wales PHOTOGRAPHER*

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Ok so I went to a nearby Autopro store. They didn't have any but said they think the bigger stores have them.

I went home, looked up a megastore, drove there, and they didn't have any either.

Looking at their other wipers, some are in pairs and some aren't. I'm not going to guess whether they're $40 a pair or not.

The store which Itachi says he saw them is about a 50 minute drive for me so I'm not going there.

Anyway, even if they're $40 at Autopro for both, what I pay for postage I save on petrol going there so whatever, I'll stay in the GB.

I'd be interested in whether theres ones that'd replace my 14" sportback wiper though...

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 pm

I need to know what kind of "hook" is used on the sportback rear wiper.

Dire, didn't you ask the guy at the counter to just check the price? Surely it's connected to a price database.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:17 pm

And I'm sure they have a phone number that could be called to the same effect, they are an Australia-wide store. I was more focused on the bike out the front.

And do you mean the way the blade is attached? To my eye it looks exactly the same as the smaller front wiper, just scaled down.

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Well seeing as it was me who caused this problem I left work early and went to autopro to sort this out.

Basically, I was wrong :oops:. As fazzle suggested, the $39.99 price tag was for just one blade, not the set.

I would like to apologise for the trouble I caused with this, I just happened to notice the aero twin blades at the shop and didn't have time to take a proper look at them and assumed the price was for a set. As I mentioned above, I never realised they would come in two separate packages...:(

Sorry for this ofey, I never meant to cause you more work, my intentions were actually the opposite!

In light of the fact that I would be paying 2x the GB price at the shops, I'd like to get in on this, please put me down for 1 set if at all possible ofey :)

Rob_RA
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Rob_RA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Money transfered thanks ofey

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:14 pm

No blame is attached to you itachi. I'm sure you meant well.

I've just had alot on my plate (including the debacle over in the Russian Group Buy)

I think we need a better way of carrying out group buys. No matter how I've tried to protect everyone, everyone still thinks they're going to be cheated or conned of their hard earned OR I'm making huge profits out of these group buys. I guess the shadow of the last con job by SIR-VRX still hangs over this forum. Would be hard for me to get rid of that. I thought the Whiteline sway bar group buy would resurrect it and help the club move on but I guess its always going to be engrained in our psyche.

We move on ... . Hopefully sense and sensibility is not merely a Jane Austen novel... .

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:29 pm

As a participant in the Russian GB, I have been following its progress quite closely and I can see that it is a very charged situation.

I've dealt with you a number of times and you have proven to be a person who is genuinely interested in helping out fellow members.

Unfortunately ofey, as with everything, when money becomes involved people turn nasty. I know many families and friendships which have been ruined over money and there just doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to prevent it. So as much as CCJ is a great community, you are fighting an uphill battle when money gets involved as even sharing the same blood doesn't seem to matter.

Maybe an alternative for the GB process would be for you to determine the best supplier, then set them up with their own thread in the GB section for people to ask them directly any questions, therefore preventing you from being caught in the middle?

Anyways, I think I've said enough...On a brighter note, would you like me to transfer the money to you now or wait until you know what the shipping costs are likely to be to Perth? Either way is fine by me :)

Return to “Group Buys Service”