***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Mitsubishi 380

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 am

squala wrote:Will fitting 380 brakes not disrupt the CJ's EBD system?

Nope no different to fitting ralliart lancer front brakes on to a VRX lancer etc etc.

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jolly_tas » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:37 am

What about pm'ing Preston Motors.... they surely would be able to go over their service manuals/parts list to compare sizes and possible fitment.

FFEEkY
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby FFEEkY » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:46 pm

as above, talk to Mal @ Mits-fix in Melbs. He will most likely be able to give you a yes/no answer over the phone, or if you take your car in, he could maybe have a look.

If you want more info, jump onto the Aussie Magna forums (site is down atm though. www.aussiemagna.com/forums
Warning! Mouth often in gear well before brain!

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Keith, im sure you know that im on that forum :wink:
As i said to Troy last week, if he or another SA member wishes to let me test fit a ralliart/awd magna rotor and caliper on the front of there Lancer then i will be able to tell straight away if 380 ones will fit as the 380 and magna are interchangeable if done as a "set"

At the end of the day the above will only be of use to people with non ralliart lancers as they already have the better brakes which are very very similar in size to the 380/awd magna

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 pm

I could offer but I'm overseas atm. If no 1's offered by the time I get back which is 3 weeks, I don't mind helping out. :)
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

ToyLancer
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ToyLancer » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Troy,
Tryg sends his regards, and thanks you for the email and tip about the 380 possibility. Although you don't know me, I work with him at the Army base. We drove up to Capalaba wreckers today from Canungra.

We took measurements from the ES/VR rotor and caliper hanger mounts before looking at a 380.

Tryg says the hub OD was the same, rotor reach and PCD was the same, but unfortunately the caliper hanger or mounting bolt centres were 160mm. The ES/VR has only 130mm centres. So, the 380 brakes could not be used unless you took the whole hub and stub-axle mount.

I thought it would be simple, but Tryg said the height of the strut mount was too tall, so you would need to take the whole strut. He said it was too big and that it would stuff up the geometry and handling (too stiff or large or something).

I am not sure if that helps, but it was a long day in the saddle for a bit of disappointment.

Regards

Nix
"Are you gunna bark all day little doggy, or are you gunna bite?"
-Mr. Blonde (Vic Vega), Reservoir Dogs

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:38 pm

if u want better brakes u could do like the maybach, 2 calipers per front wheel, so 4 calipers front and 2 rear :P

http://www.maybach-uk.com/models_techno ... akes_1.php

OHH YEA!!!!

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:17 pm

ToyLancer wrote:Troy,
Tryg sends his regards, and thanks you for the email and tip about the 380 possibility. Although you don't know me, I work with him at the Army base. We drove up to Capalaba wreckers today from Canungra.

We took measurements from the ES/VR rotor and caliper hanger mounts before looking at a 380.

Tryg says the hub OD was the same, rotor reach and PCD was the same, but unfortunately the caliper hanger or mounting bolt centres were 160mm. The ES/VR has only 130mm centres. So, the 380 brakes could not be used unless you took the whole hub and stub-axle mount.

I thought it would be simple, but Tryg said the height of the strut mount was too tall, so you would need to take the whole strut. He said it was too big and that it would stuff up the geometry and handling (too stiff or large or something).

I am not sure if that helps, but it was a long day in the saddle for a bit of disappointment.

Regards

Nix

I had a feeling the caliper bolt spacings would be narrower on the lancer, i said that to Troy the other week.

130mm bolt spacing is the same as the second gen (1991-1995) magna/verada, they had 2 spot calipers on some models (verada with abs mainly) but unfortunately there rotor size is only 276mmx24mm.

Life
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Life » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:00 am

Going to bump this one with some info.

Funny you say the pattern is similar to the second gen Jason, remember what Paulie did to his TR?

For those interested, this one may just be possible on a CJ.

http://modifiedmagna.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43

3000GT 4-pot Sumitomo calipers with 296mm/317mm (Depending on generation) rotors.

Return to “General Talk”