***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WTB: Front grille (top piece)

Post Things You Are Wanting To Buy Or Trade.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

satria
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

WTB: Front grille (top piece)

Postby satria » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone here has a spare front grille they are willing to sell.

Story below of how i came about in need of a grille:

my wife and i do alot of country driving and yesterday we hit a pigeon. My wife was driving as I was taking a nap in the back so i didn't happen to see the incident and didn't think much of it when she told me as alot of the time these incidents are unavoidable.

When we pulled up for a driver change i checked out the damage, it broke half of the top piece of the grille but no signs of a bird so i just kept driving.

After 4 more hours of driving we finally turned up home and was discussing the damage with my neighbour when after about 5 mins of talking we heard something flapping around in the bumper!!! I thought you beauty it's still alive!

I removed the right fog light mesh and sure enough a pigeon was sitting nice and cosy in there, it even had plenty of room and didn't look too distressed. I will upload some photos soon!

After i took him/her out it unfortunately was bleeding from the mouth and died by this morning. For a while i was hoping it would pull through OK.

Anyways, Mitsu has quoted me just over $200 for a new grille which is pretty steep! I'm hoping someone here can help me out?

Thanks

Sam M

Mobile: 0427 246 716 or email sam.mule@gmail.com

Oh and i'm in Perth in case people have to factor postage into the cost.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:57 pm

I can tell you that via our sponsors, I can buy the grill for:

7450A095 Grille Radiator
RRP= A$187+
CCJ=A$155

Postage would probably be A$15 to WA?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

satria
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby satria » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:38 pm

thanks ofey, 155+ is still a little high i think. Can you get a chrome one for similar price?

I'm hoping someone has a spare lying around they can sell to me cheaply though :)

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:16 pm

maybe try the wreckers? I've got a spare grille I got off another member, but the badge was ripped off. It will be available for you to simply pay postage if you want it, I just have the grille surround on while I paint my grille surround.

Or, the other option is that you can have the grille surround, buy some mesh from the auto store and have a custom grille of your own. I'd do that and give you the full grille, but I like my badge :p
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:38 pm

For the Aspire Top Grill, they're

7450A462 GRILLE-RADIATOR (MAIN GRILLE)
RRP = A$253+
CCJ Price = A$246

Sorry I don't have good news. It's still about A$90 dearer?

I think Peter's idea of the wrecker is great but most cars which get wrecked are head ons. So quite difficult still to find grilles.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:56 pm

You think thats expensive,try getting a quote for a sports grille off Mitsubishi, around $400

satria
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby satria » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:28 pm

kinesis wrote:maybe try the wreckers? I've got a spare grille I got off another member, but the badge was ripped off. It will be available for you to simply pay postage if you want it, I just have the grille surround on while I paint my grille surround.

Or, the other option is that you can have the grille surround, buy some mesh from the auto store and have a custom grille of your own. I'd do that and give you the full grille, but I like my badge :p

Mate this might be perfect for me, i still have my badge, i need the bits attached to it. My only question is what model exactly is your car because the piece i'm after is actually attached to the plastic on which the badge sits.

After i pulled mine apart i realised it's a 2 piece setup. You have the surround (the part which looks like you've painted white) and that is fine on my car, the inner piece is what i need (the plastic criss cross mesh) which is attached to the badge.

For all the other guys, i have tried almost every wrecker in Perth and not 1 has a new shape lancer. They kept telling me i was basically dreaming, i thought a lancer wouldn't be too hard to find but i guess i'm wrong.

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:08 am

well, mate...I think you might be in business. I have the very part you want :p and without the badge...is this what you're after?

Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

satria
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby satria » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:56 am

that's it!!!!

You're a legend

:D

I will send you a PM right now :D

Return to “Buying & Trading”