***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm

DORA_ANNE wrote:@ Tim , This might please you .... In NSW our Police now have the lancers as Police cars .... Not saying they are not useing the commodores still , But I have seen the police lancers , Unmarked at this stage . 8)

Seen a few on highway incidents, they're all VR's with lots and lots of stickers. Need spoilers :) cant wait for nsw to bring in evo's
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Envoke wrote:
DORA_ANNE wrote:@ Tim , This might please you .... In NSW our Police now have the lancers as Police cars .... Not saying they are not useing the commodores still , But I have seen the police lancers , Unmarked at this stage . 8)

Seen a few on highway incidents, they're all VR's with lots and lots of stickers. Need spoilers :) cant wait for nsw to bring in evo's

I have lots of stickers :lol: All I need now is a few flashing lights hidden behind the upper air dam and I be set. First up is anyone with chrome wheels :twisted:

My car wouldnt be the only modified car in the VIC police force though...

jimmytim
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jimmytim » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Cup holder too small, can't put my favorite j-spec air freshner in there (don't want to stick it on the dash)
Head rest is too foward and bouncy.
Maybe I'll come up with something else in a few months.
Hug me please!

T.r.o.y
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby T.r.o.y » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:53 pm

hmm i have an my11 vrx and i cant say I have any issues. Did they do a lot of changes for this model ?

BRO-027
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby BRO-027 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 pm

BlackBetty wrote:Really annoying the amount of water they hold after a wash, Side Mirrors, Tail Lights, Reflectors in Rear Bumper even in the fuel filler cavity. Problem is worse for us Black Car owners !!

X2 so annoying!!

tuf-vrx
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tuf-vrx » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:41 am

Things i dont like....

the vrx doesnt come with dvd gps
cvt lag
spoiler to big

and thats it lol, i saw a post about the mirrors, lol never had the issue of cars appearing to far away, i only use the mirrors when overtaking, and dont have to strain my neck trying to see if there is a car on my left or right.

edraven
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby edraven » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:45 am

It's funny reading the previous posts. I drive through an industrial area to / from work and there is a lot of heavy truck traffic. The previous drive's bonnet looked like a starry night with the amount of stone chips but that took 6 years to accumulate. I'm already starting to see a number of chips across the front of the Lancer in just two months. Shame, it seems to chip amazingly easily.

My only real gripe is the lack of functionality in motion of the MMCS. There are certain functions that lock out that make no sense at all. Granted, illegal to have DVD's playing while in motion (I believe some states it's even illegal for the ones mounted on the back of the drivers headrests?) - But not being able to switch between single track and list for music, wtf?

Something to be looked at at next service is a plastic creaking sound from between the centre to steering well section of the dash. Luckily music tunes it out.

I must say though, the satisfaction vs dissatisfaction is 100:1, so I'll shrug and move on because just like the World it traverses it isn't perfect but it's all I've got!

Julz9
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Julz9 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Sounds like we all share the same dislikes! First time Lancer owner and the thing I hated most at the start was the position of the hand brake. Kinda used to it now. Road noise can also be annoying but I just turn the stereo up. Stone chips on bonnet give me the sh1ts especially as I have a black car and each chip goes straight through to white!! Apart from those minor things which I can live with, I absolutely love the look, feel and power of my 2010 VRX.
Julz9

Awesome Black VRX - Just love that car!

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 pm

- The fact that a gust of wind with scratch the paint
- Random rattles that appear all the time (roads are smooth in Japland)
- Drivers window sometimes doesn't want to go up and i have to beat it into submission.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:37 pm

spunkybob wrote:- Drivers window sometimes doesn't want to go up and i have to beat it into submission.

i dont really get that problem mate that sounds a bit strange have you had it checked out

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:19 pm

^^ Isn't that going to be expensive and a waste? As you will have to put a whole lot more money into your gearbox, otherwise you wont be able to drive it for more than one session! May as well trade in on something that is already strong enough... like a x
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Dont like the fuel gauge display. I feel the old needle type gauges give more of a accurate reading. Also if the display goes belly up,you have no idea of a fuel reading or any warnings if somethings wrong.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Another thing I dislike is the transmission dipstick. It actually says ATF, and we all know if you put normal ATF on the CVT, it's kaput.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:10 pm

I HATE dropping things under the seat because it's impossible to get them out!

Return to “General Talk”