***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Illuminated Cup Holder

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

edraven
INACTIVE Member Account

Illuminated Cup Holder

Postby edraven » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Has anyone in their travels come across a mod for illuminating the cup holder?

Seemingly pointless aye! But on a country run last eve I had to fish around to get a bottle in there because my eyes couldn't adjust to the darkness of the cabin from the brightness of the highbeams; well adjust fast enough to prevent looking down long enough to end up in the roadside trees.

Would be handy to have a red LED mounted in there - If there's not a decent kit / example floating about I'll hit Jaycar and tap into the accessories socket in the console.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Just buy an led and do it yourself dude. I just mounted an led in the centre of the cup holder but I have it wired up to flash whenever the ignition is switched off (the illusion of security :)) ... it'll be a lot cheaper to do it yourself, and there's really not much to it.
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

FizyMo
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby FizyMo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:37 pm

".FizyMo."

edraven
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby edraven » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:46 pm

@draevon aye, simple resistor inline. :)

Cheers Mattigins, FizyMo!

Will get it done this weekend, will pic and doc it.

AutoMoGLOW
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Re: Illuminated Cup Holder

Postby AutoMoGLOW » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:41 am

edraven wrote:Has anyone in their travels come across a mod for illuminating the cup holder?

Seemingly pointless aye! But on a country run last eve I had to fish around to get a bottle in there because my eyes couldn't adjust to the darkness of the cabin from the brightness of the highbeams; well adjust fast enough to prevent looking down long enough to end up in the roadside trees.

Would be handy to have a red LED mounted in there - If there's not a decent kit / example floating about I'll hit Jaycar and tap into the accessories socket in the console.

We sell LED strips that you can use for this mod...I would say the side emitting strip or the regular ribbon strip would be best. check us out here www.automoglow.com
Automoglow-AMG
Automoglow@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter @Automoglow
Lighting up the world 1 LED at a time!

Return to “Interior”