***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Russian Website Parts Auto-loker GB

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:43 am

ofey wrote:I wonder about something if Shadows already sells Airdams why are people buying Airdams from these guys? Are they significantly cheaper?

Shadows doesn't seem to be responding to inquiries. So maybe people go for these guys because they are likely to get them sooner?

does anybody know the exchange rate? also if anyone could help (i cant seem to get the site to translate), what is the price on the evo X lookalike spoiler? thanks a lot!

The exchange rate is on the first page.
R1,000 = A$33.50

The EVO X Spoiler is R9,500, so around $300.

There is plenty of room between the light and bumper to have a led strip they might sit there

It does look that way, heres hoping they are easy to install! :)

This is turning into a huge GB! Everyone stocking up for x-mas? :P
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:10 am

Dean wrote:does anybody know the exchange rate? also if anyone could help (i cant seem to get the site to translate), what is the price on the evo X lookalike spoiler? thanks a lot!

Dean you really need to read the first post of this thread.

And for an Evo X spoiler. Anything wrong with what Shadows our club sponsor offers?

For shipping those boys buying the big things like diffusers and all, you are up for shipping since those are huge parts and the risk associated with breakage along the way goes up. I'm not discouraging you but you need to think through. If you think by bulk buying we're going to share the cost equally, that's not going to be the case. I will split the charges volumetrically. So people who are buying the smaller things will end up saving more. How much would you say 2 Mitsubishi diamonds are going to cost to ship Vs a Rear diffuser. Surely you don't expect me to pay more than A$10 for my postage.

Another problem you'll find when you commit to all these things is we've NEVER bought from these Russians before, we don't know quality nor fitment for bodykit parts. It may be direct bolt on, it may need work. So caveat emptor. The club cannot be held responsible if your parts are damaged or don't fit.

My advice is to stick with small parts and not go all out. We have proven suppliers like Shadows and ARS who have sold us stuff before. HOS even for that matter or Scorpion. Once you stray out and buy something that doesn't match, you are exposing yourself to an unecessary risk.

I originally started this group buy for unique parts but slowly I'm seeing all of you tagging on orders for parts we can get elsewhere and proven sources at that.

I have written to shadows to ask him if he can provide the parts. If not I'll call him.
Last edited by ofey on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 am

Again after more changes. Make up your minds people!!

VIC
luffy4688 = DRL + Lighted Logo
twr75 = Lighted Logo X 2
R4PTOR = Central Lip (X42) + Rear Diffuser with Single Tip (X42)
Fisherrr = Front eyelids + Rear Eyelids + Rear Diffuser with Single Tip (W37) + Carpets + DRL + Bonnet Struts + Airdams(W37) + Central Lip (W37)
vlad_the_impaler = Front eyelids (A39) + Rear Eyelids (A39) + Airdams(A39) + Central Lip (A39)
rthieu = Front Lip (HOS Lookalike) (X42)
ofey = Lighted Logos X 2

NSW
liam92 = Side mount license plate (D06 or Black) + Lighted Logos X 2
SPRKLS = DRL (P26)
Chubb = Front eyelids (D06)
SAM-24A = Scuffplates (Lancer logo)
feral = Lighted Logo X 2
Mizta_B = Lighted Logo X 2 + Central Lip (P26)
ash06 = Central Lip
Bandit = Central Lip (W37)
foreshadow = Airdam + Central Lip + Rear Diffuser with Single Tip + Lighted Logo X 2 + DRL
BRO-027 = Bonnet Struts + Airdams(X42) + Rear Diffuser with Single Tip
bd-850 = Central Lip (Matte Black)
Chooks = front airdams (W37) + Central Lip (Matt Black) + Bonnet struts
Rear Diffuser with single tip (Matt Black)

QLD
draevon = DRL (A31)
Speedie = Side mount Licence Plate
AJjnr86 = Bonnet Struts + Light Illumination Optics + Front Lip Kit
Tarquin = Rear Roof Spoiler (X42) + Front eyelids (X42) + Rear Eyelids (X42)
Dean = Rear Diffuser with Single Tip (X42) + Front Lip (HOS Lookalike) (X42) + Light Illumination Optics + Evo X spoiler in X42 (black)

SA
Tenjho = Central Lip + Rear Diffuser with Single Tip
kean = Airdams(P26) + Central Lip (P26) + Front eyelids (P26)

WA
Itachi = Central Lip (Matte Black)

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Dean
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:18 am

ofey wrote:And for an Evo X spoiler. Anything wrong with what Shadows our club sponsor offers?

There is nothing wrong with Shadows' spoilers (i've examined one up close on 08VET's car and I was really impressed), I was simply looking to get a cheaper price if possible and for ~$300 it seems like a pretty good deal.

Thanks for updating the EOI.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:22 am

Remember to add the cost of shipping.

foreshadow
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby foreshadow » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 am

ofey wrote:I wonder about something if Shadows already sells Airdams why are people buying Airdams from these guys? Are they significantly cheaper?

I'm still thinking of buying from shadows, just depends on if its worth paying for 2 lots of shipping. Or just 1 larger order from these guys.

rayray
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby rayray » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:09 pm

ofey wrote:
Dean wrote:does anybody know the exchange rate? also if anyone could help (i cant seem to get the site to translate), what is the price on the evo X lookalike spoiler? thanks a lot!

And for an Evo X spoiler. Anything wrong with what Shadows our club sponsor offers?

For shipping those boys buying the big things like diffusers and all, you are up for shipping since those are huge parts and the risk associated with breakage along the way goes up. I'm not discouraging you but you need to think through. If you think by bulk buying we're going to share the cost equally, that's not going to be the case. I will split the charges volumetrically. So people who are buying the smaller things will end up saving more. How much would you say 2 Mitsubishi diamonds are going to cost to ship Vs a Rear diffuser. Surely you don't expect me to pay more than A$10 for my postage.

Another problem you'll find when you commit to all these things is we've NEVER bought from these Russians before, we don't know quality nor fitment for bodykit parts. It may be direct bolt on, it may need work. So caveat emptor. The club cannot be held responsible if your parts are damaged or don't fit.

My advice is to stick with small parts and not go all out. We have proven suppliers like Shadows and ARS who have sold us stuff before. HOS even for that matter or Scorpion. Once you stray out and buy something that doesn't match, you are exposing yourself to an unecessary risk.

I originally started this group buy for unique parts but slowly I'm seeing all of you tagging on orders for parts we can get elsewhere and proven sources at that.

I have written to shadows to ask him if he can provide the parts. If not I'll call him.

I think quite a few people here are putting down an EOI just to suss out which place has the cheapest pricing. I think once we get a quote for shipping..either quite a few people will pull out and opt with another supplier or more people will join...so I guess it can swing either way.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:09 pm

This does seem to be getting a little bit ridiculous for an order to test the water with these guys. I agree with Ofey that this should mainly be utilised for unique items that current sponsors do not already offer, considering that I imaging a lot of people are going to drop out when they see that postage will likely nearly double the costs of some of these larger items.
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Another factor is that those items r made out of ABS plastic and not fibre glass

The plastic won't crack like the fiberglass if hit

OHH YEA!!!!

vlad_the_impaler
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:04 pm

ofey wrote:

Yes Ofey I would be glad that problem with Shadows to be solved once for all. I contacted him initially mid of August regarding front airdams and window visors. He asked for all my contact details and all car details... and after this he just disapeared. I've sent him several PMs and emails and received only one in september in wich he stated that he has some problems with his server and while he solve everything he will contact me reg my purchases. I've tried to contact him once more but I haven't received any responses till then. What's the point to be Club Sponsor if you don't wanna sell production to the members?
So you probably understand why I would risk and make an order through Auto-locker...

Fisherrr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Fisherrr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Blakey wrote:
Fisherrr wrote:Hi guys,

I am not sure if Auto-Locker has those E marks on their DRLs. They DO NOT make any product for overseas, they are happy enough with what they get from their local market. They are a small company of lancer enthusiasts. They are passionate about what they create. It includes DRLs.

I have included the legislative requirements for Russian cars. They are the same for Australian's.

If a letter E or something else is important for someone, I am pretty sure they do not have this marking on the lenses. Even though the brightness is made according to the regulations in Russia and is the same as in Australia. I suppose it is dictated by common sense of driving conditions and safety.

I personally would will to proceed with their DRLs. I know that it is going to be within what is required by legislation in Australia. This is the most important issue. I've got red blood in my veins, not "red tape". :)

Again, Auto-Locker's guys are enthusiasts, a small company and do NOT undergo any complicated and costly official expertise for their equipment. It is your own decision if it is acceptable in your own case. If you wnat to be diffrent with your cars with bearing some known issues?

Anyways they are recognized locally for their superior attitude and quality of their products. This is what I know for sure!

I've just talked to some friends in Moscow. They told me that they will be able to organize very cost effective delivery. They have estimated the delivery of 10 diffusers. The cost is about $300 for 10 diffusers. Diffusers are empty from inside and plenty of small gear can be placed inside them and they we'll be able to travel almost for free!

I've been in business there for long time, still have strong connections to make the things real for you guys.

I would suggest to close EOI, and place an inquiry and we'll see where we are with the real figures.

Ofey, may be we could place some inquiry already?

the Emark, is a online regualtion for car products,(pretty much) every country, will have a specific. Emark number that is accetable in there country. some places like australian. accept the standards of other countries to be used in australian vehicals. so not only the Emark for australia, but the Emark of other countries. as well. not all but there is a few,

being a russan, and if they are a propper business, then they should have gotten there product accepted to there regulations( like our ADR) in do that they also get an Emark.

UPDATE ON DRL

Just received an answer. Their DRLs have not been certified. They are bright enough to meet the regulation.

These guys are a small company and just lancer enthusiasts. They offer a wide range and DRLs are one of the many items in their range of services and products. There is no sense for them to do cerifiacation as it is quite complicated.

Another important point is that any marking is NOT recognaized there as to be sufficient. A proper test is to be done (factual brightness measurement) in case of any question coming from police.

I don't think that there will be many cops following you with magnifying lenses. :)

Sorry, that's the news and I am passing it to you.

Fisherrr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Fisherrr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:19 pm

luffy4688 wrote:I should be making a trip down to Melbourne in mid/late February. So if this goes ahead and if those from Adelaide are happy to wait, I could help pick them up to save on postage from Vic to SA.

I will be in Adelaide during Xmas for 3-4 days. :wink:

Fisherrr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Fisherrr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:26 pm

lancervr wrote:hey vlad any info on the headlight illumination optics? do we need to bake our headlights to fit it inside the headlight housing?

HEAD LIGHT ILLUMINATION.

This is a LED waterproof strap which is placed beneath the headlamps and squeezed by them.

LED stRips are available from someone for $14. 20-25 at eBay.

THERE IS NO SENSE TO SOURCE THIS OPTION FROM AUTO-LOCKER.

Fisherrr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Fisherrr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Itachi wrote:
bd-850 wrote:
ofey wrote:
bd-850 wrote:But going by how big the list is im sure Ofey was going to miss one person

And let me say what your heart wanted to say:

"And it had to be me !?" *waves fists*

never to your face Ofey :P

But its all good

It's because your car is red and no one likes red. If it was blue then you would have been first on the list :P

I'd still like to know how difficult the install will be for the headlight illumination optics.

EASY. TAKE OFF YOU BUMPER, TAKE OFF HEAD LAMPS, PLACE YOUR LED STRIP EXACTLY AT THE EDGE AND SQUEEZE BY THE LAMPS. PUT ON ALL BACK.

THE COST OF THE STRAPS THEMSELVES IS $15-30

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:41 pm

thanks Nick for that info, ur helping us out a lot :D

OHH YEA!!!!

Return to “Group Buys Service”